Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Trialists

I noticed the other day that Leeds have seven players on trial. This got me wondering as to if we will have any trialists in with the varied success we had last season (Askou). What do you all think?

One would hope so, but not for the sake of it, or at the expense of contracted players pre-season conditioning. I''m sure agents aplenty will be calling Lambert as well as sending DVD''s and weblinks of potential players for him to look at.

If we get a striker, keeper, winger and possibly a right back I think that is pretty much us done and ready to move forward.  Then I don''t think we would need trialists.  However Lambert probably will get some in just to see if there is anyone worth buying on the cheap.

mmmmmmmmmmm just happened to notice that Leeds had a number of players on trial.

Forgive me but how do you "just happen to notice"

Have you been on Leeds websites or did you just come across this info on something like fooball 365?

Just curious that`s all

The fact Leeds got Becchio through a trial certainly makes it an enticing prospect, though it''s not something we should be either dependant or expectant of.Any talent that comes into the club via a trial will be a bonus, and it could be that bonus that means promotion. So it''s certainly something that should be encouraged, and it would be stupid to not try and take advantage of the oppertunity, but it''s best we''re not dependant on it ''plugging the holes'' in the side so to speak.

[quote user="WOTB"]mmmmmmmmmmm just happened to notice that Leeds had a number of players on trial.

Forgive me but how do you "just happen to notice"

Have you been on Leeds websites or did you just come across this info on something like fooball 365?

Just curious that`s all[/quote]For anyone who regularly checks the BBC sports pages it''s certainly not out of the ordinary.I was aware of these trials yestarday.

[quote user="John"][quote user="WOTB"]mmmmmmmmmmm just happened to notice that Leeds had a number of players on trial. Forgive me but how do you "just happen to notice" Have you been on Leeds websites or did you just come across this info on something like fooball 365? Just curious that`s all[/quote]

For anyone who regularly checks the BBC sports pages it''s certainly not out of the ordinary.

I was aware of these trials yestarday.
[/quote]

I for one  don''t bother to look what other teams are up to and don''t care if they have 100 players coming in, at the end of the day I trust Lambert, can''t remember the last time I had so much trust in the Manager,

Oh yes and befor anyone says anything, I do go on Birningham city web site, but only to chat to family and friends there  

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="John"][quote user="WOTB"]mmmmmmmmmmm just happened to notice that Leeds had a number of players on trial. Forgive me but how do you "just happen to notice" Have you been on Leeds websites or did you just come across this info on something like fooball 365? Just curious that`s all[/quote]For anyone who regularly checks the BBC sports pages it''s certainly not out of the ordinary.I was aware of these trials yestarday.[/quote]

I for one  don''t bother to look what other teams are up to and don''t care if they have 100 players coming in, at the end of the day I trust Lambert, can''t remember the last time I had so much trust in the Manager,

Oh yes and befor anyone says anything, I do go on Birningham city web site, but only to chat to family and friends there  

[/quote]..... Oh really? Well done you. [^o)](It was the displayed story on the BBC Championship homepage. To be frank, it have taken an effort not to notice it)

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="John"][quote user="WOTB"]mmmmmmmmmmm just happened to notice that Leeds had a number of players on trial. Forgive me but how do you "just happen to notice" Have you been on Leeds websites or did you just come across this info on something like fooball 365? Just curious that`s all[/quote]

For anyone who regularly checks the BBC sports pages it''s certainly not out of the ordinary.

I was aware of these trials yestarday.
[/quote]

[/quote]

To talk to family and friends!! Aint you got a mobile? Dont know about email? Or even some form of pc messenger..crp excuse why you go on their site..At least i go on other sites,usually ones supposedly that will be involved at the top end,to get other views..

For every Becchio there is a hundred Strihavka''s! Seems very hit and miss to me....

[quote user="Salahuddin"]For every Becchio there is a hundred Strihavka''s! Seems very hit and miss to me....[/quote]Seeing as we bought Strihavka without having trialled him, that example doesn''t necessarily hold water. Maric however?Anyway, i''d disagree with what your saying, in that with the right range contacts, or an effective scouting network with a good eye for talent it''s really something we can exploit. Perhaps it''s the failiure of past regimes at City that has dropped the appeal of having trials here, but it''s never been a bad idea.The appeal for players plying their trade in the English Leagues possesses a lot of sway abroad, especially at a club of Norwich''s stature, so for anyone with the talent we''d most certainly be a viable option to provide the platform for it. And if Lambert is happy scouring the League''s in Scandinavia for talent (as he hinted he''d be happy to do), that is fast progressing in the footballing world, i firmly believe we could come up with a few gems.