Sign in to follow this  
Ben Holt

Does a Season Ticket Require a Deposit to..

Hi there chaps, I''m already a season ticket holder, but pay for mine in one go, friend of mine wants to get one too, but is skint. Now I said to him, you can get them on a direct debit scheme, but I know nothing about it, and the office is shut now, so was just wondering if any of you guys knew;

- Can you deffo get a season ticket over a direct debit scheme?

- Is there a credit check?

- Interest?

and Most importantly, whats the deposit?

Cheers guys for any input you can possibly give

- Ben

My mate paid a £50 deposit on the spot, I think you can pay as much or as little as you want as a deposit.

I never knew that, I would of paid abit towards it! Ah well, I said 7 months because that''s how long the installments are now, as your going to buy your season tickets now. When I bought mine a few days ago it was either 7 or 8 months depending on the the time of the month (1,15 and 30).

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]I never knew that, I would of paid abit towards it! Ah well, I said 7 months because that''s how long the installments are now, as your going to buy your season tickets now. When I bought mine a few days ago it was either 7 or 8 months depending on the the time of the month (1,15 and 30).[/quote]

So did you take out a season ticket, and NOT pay a deposit?

I''m afraid that there 100% is a credit check.

"The Terms of this Agreement.

(1) Please note that we can decline to start the monthly instalment plan agreement if your credit status is unsatisfactory."

The only people who had to pay a deposit were the ones who went on the waiting list.

[quote user="Harry"]The only people who had to pay a deposit were the ones who went on the waiting list.[/quote]

This is what I was lead to believe, so if my friend rang the office tomorrow, and requested a season ticket. He could effectively "get one" without paying anything until his first agreed date..

I phoned up and got mine the second they went on general sale (literally at 9am), didn''t have to pay a deposit or anything, payments span over 8 months, basically from the start of the season to the end of the season. Hope that helps.

wasnt there a story not to long ago about people who had cancelled their direct debits but were still turning up for gams.. the club obviously caught up with them and the tickets were taken away?

[quote user="Ben Holt"][quote user="Harry"]The only people who had to pay a deposit were the ones who went on the waiting list.
[/quote] This is what I was lead to believe, so if my friend rang the office tomorrow, and requested a season ticket. He could effectively "get one" without paying anything until his first agreed date..[/quote]

Just out of interest,where will your mate sit? ..As a mate of ours wanted to get a seat with us,and this year there is no free seats available.So he had to get 1 7 rows away..

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I''m afraid that there 100% is a credit check. "The Terms of this Agreement. (1) Please note that we can decline to start the monthly instalment plan agreement if your credit status is unsatisfactory."[/quote]

mmm 100% sure of this are we???

I wonder why it seems like I am going to get a ticket then?  I can''t see too many people with a more colourful credit file than mine at this moment in time.

It would be almost criminal of the club ti turn around and decline me a ticket on the basis of a failed credit check after having taken approx 5 direct debits without any problem whatsoever wouldn''t it?

I think that the credit terms are there to cover the club, but no actual credit check takes place.  If a credit check does take place then surely this should be done during the first month or so of a prospective season ticket holders application to pay via direct debit?  As long as the club receives payment within a week of when your direct debit falls - without fail, then I doub''t that you will hear from the club with regards to having failed to comply with their credit prcedures.

I paid a £50 deposit to secure my season ticket, but that was a while ago. It''s crazy, I''ve been to a lot of games over the past 9 years but have only just bought a season ticket! I always relied on people lending me theirs f they couldn''t go, or buying a ticket from the club shop/buy-back. Of course, this has become a bit easier in the past two years due to our league position!However, I jumped at the chance to get one this season and I can confirm that a deposit does have to be paid. Although, I think you''d stand little chance of gettin one now!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I''m afraid that there 100% is a credit check. "The Terms of this Agreement. (1) Please note that we can decline to start the monthly instalment plan agreement if your credit status is unsatisfactory."[/quote]

I wonder why it seems like I am going to get a ticket then?  I can''t see too many people with a more colourful credit file than mine at this moment in time.

It would be almost criminal of the club ti turn around and decline me a ticket on the basis of a failed credit check after having taken approx 5 direct debits without any problem whatsoever wouldn''t it?

I think that the credit terms are there to cover the club, but no actual credit check takes place.  If a credit check does take place then surely this should be done during the first month or so of a prospective season ticket holders application to pay via direct debit?  As long as the club receives payment within a week of when your direct debit falls - without fail, then I doub''t that you will hear from the club with regards to having failed to comply with their credit prcedures.

[/quote]

Yes I am 100% sure, because that is what it says on my copy of the direct debit agreement for my season ticket that is sitting beside me and that I quoted above, however I''d agree that it''s pretty unlikely that they would perform a credit check for a renewal.

I would imagine that you would have to have a pretty shocking score to be refused as the club cover themselves with point 4:

"(4) In event of default after the season ticket has been issued you will be given 7 days notice to pay the outstanding amount. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of your season ticket and legal action to recover the season ticket and the outstanding balance."

But regardless of how they apply it, the terms state that the agreement is subject to your credit status.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Yes I am 100% sure, because that is what it says on my copy of the direct debit agreement for my season ticket that is sitting beside me and that I quoted above, however I''d agree that it''s pretty unlikely that they would perform a credit check for a renewal.

I would imagine that you would have to have a pretty shocking score to be refused as the club cover themselves with point 4:

"(4) In event of default after the season ticket has been issued you will be given 7 days notice to pay the outstanding amount. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of your season ticket and legal action to recover the season ticket and the outstanding balance."

But regardless of how they apply it, the terms state that the agreement is subject to your credit status.

[/quote]

Yes it was exactly poiut 4 which I was getting at which basically erases the need for any credit checking facility which would cost the club both time and money.  As long as the direct debit''s are forthcoming from your account then there is nothing amongst the terms and my experience to suggest that credit checks are physically performed.

As long as you have a direct debit facility on your bank account and the funds are withdrawn without any problem each month then you get your season ticket I would have thought???

Well if I get mine then it backs up my theory anyway... [;)]