Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Nigel Pearson New Hull Boss

What a strange career move - Hull are skint, need to get rid of players and have a relatively crap squad which I doubt they''ll have much money to spend on unless they can sell a few of their better players.

Ridiculous move by Pearson (atleast on face value).He has a settled and talented side at Leicester, and going by the previous two years (much like Lambert) he has the players playing for him. Leicester know how to win, and the competitive edge they produced last year in being one of the best sides in the Championship must bring a lot of confidence to their game. Foundations to build on certainly.Hull may have talent, but as a team that has just suffered two seasons where defeats were commonplace, it''s going to take a big effort, not only to assemble a side that fits his vision, but to gee up the players, change the atmosphere, and get them playing for him, with the kind of mind-set he had established at Leicester.I can''t imagine anything else but finances concerning his contract were the deciding factor here.Don''t we have a resident Leicester fan on here? What''s his take on it?

[quote user="John"]Don''t we have a resident Leicester fan on here? What''s his take on it?[/quote]Smudger hasn''t been around much lately! [;)]

It''s got to be for money. Hull are not exactly rolling in it, but I bet his wage is considerably more than at Leicester.

Not be a closet Leicester fan before I am accused of it!, as I lived most of my life in Leicestershire I have many mates that support that rabble!

Reading between the lines and speaking to them it is believed Pearson has a fall out with Milan Mandaric over lack of funds for the new season & a new contract. Rumour is that Milan is keeping his cash for his recent brush with the CPS and subsequent monies owing, although unsure if there is any truth in this bit of the story?!?

Leicester fans are gutted though as they think they are a bigger club than Hull, talk of season tickets being returned left/right & centre and that promotion is certainly a no-no if the move does happen....

Even easier six points now ;0)

Leicester fans are gutted though as they think they are a bigger club than Hull

Leicester are a bigger club than Hull IMO.

Pearson done well at Leicester with limited funds, perhaps Hull have offered him a big promotion bonus???

This sort of thing always ends in tears, when a manager leaves a club of simular standard.....so expect Hull and Leicester to finish midtable.

Cant see Pearson changing Hulls losing mind frame overnight, and dont expect Leicester to appoint a better boss......this is good news for Norwich and other play off chasers as I think thats those 2 clubs out of the race now.

Certainly Leicester look better set up than Hull when you consider money, squad that plays for each other with confidence and more supporters so I can only presume it was a personality clash between chairman and manager?

To be fair to him, managers these days often get quite a short shelf life. Who knows, a poor start to the season and Mandaric is exactly the type of chairman to press the panic button and probably send him on his merry way. Pearson strikes me as quite a proud guy, and I think he''s not wanted wanted to outstay his welcome at Leicester. For those talking about how Hull are in a losing mindset and how difficult it will be, he did the same thing at Leicester and nearly got them back to back promotions. For me, this signing makes Hull a team who can definitely push for the top two this season, whereas before I wasn''t so sure they''d make the play-offs. I think Pearson is a quality coach, very much in the same mold as Lambert. He''s got that respect which Phil Brown seemed to have obliterated from the Hull players after the half-time team talk on the pitch at Man City.

Seems a very strange decision really.....maybe Lecister encouraged a deal? they are looking at someone else? But i would have thought, Hull would seem almost like a step down......

Well, a week before pre-season and we lose our manager plus all potential signings. Great.

Mandaric obviously isn''t great to work for but we''ve got a great squad here, he''s adored and he goes to Hull?

Would love Chris Powell to get the job. Rumours going round it could be a Steve Clarke/ Brendan Rodgers double act, although it will more likely be Dowie as the nice cheap option for MM who will undo all Pearson''s work.

Deals agreed for Salif Diao and Eddie Johnson are now out the window also.

[quote user="Dangles"]Well, a week before pre-season and we lose our manager plus all potential signings. Great. Mandaric obviously isn''t great to work for but we''ve got a great squad here, he''s adored and he goes to Hull? Would love Chris Powell to get the job. Rumours going round it could be a Steve Clarke/ Brendan Rodgers double act, although it will more likely be Dowie as the nice cheap option for MM who will undo all Pearson''s work. Deals agreed for Salif Diao and Eddie Johnson are now out the window also.[/quote]

If those rumours were true I wouldn''t be filled with confidence [:D] Salif Diao''s no big loss mind...

Apparently he wants to take Fryatt with him. Hoping he shows a bit more loyalty seeing as the fans LOVE him.

Also, apparently the final straw for Nige was MM trying to sign Pires - typical MM, the sooner he fucks off the better.

Nigel''s move is definitely for more money, both on personal and club level. He was one of the lowest earners in the league with us, ridiculous Milan didn''t offer him a massive increase to keep him.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="John"]Don''t we have a resident Leicester fan on here? What''s his take on it?[/quote]Smudger hasn''t been around much lately! [;)][/quote]

haha I didn''t even have to look to know that it was you who posted that Lapp! [:P]