Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

Leeds fans on their site..

nearly all praising surman! (please dont ask for a link as this will only highlight how pc ignorant i am)..Already know saints views as have mates who are saints fans..Tried to get on sheff utds board for fans views as according to northern papers,they reportly made a bid of £1 mill + ,but cant get to load..

Can only assume from that that we must also have had to pay over £1m for him. Given that Wolves paid £1.2m I hope they did not make a profit.

I know it isn''t proof of anything as it is just a report but....

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2010/06/23/surmans-departure-to-kickstart-wolves-clearout/

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Why go looking on a Leeds site in the first place? I don''t understand why some of us have such an obsession with these Yorkshire nobodies[/quote]Tis a fair point.[Y]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Why go looking on a Leeds site in the first place? I don''t understand why some of us have such an obsession with these Yorkshire nobodies[/quote]Exactamondo, who gives a stuff about what they think of our signings or how far ahead of us in the betting stakes for promotion they are?!?!?!?!?

I see the video on your post Jonny is proof that you are yet another Leeds fan living in the past.It is time to move on and get a grip on the fact that you are not famous anymore and it is the year 2010.

[quote user="Carra_Rud"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Why go looking on a Leeds site in the first place? I don''t understand why some of us have such an obsession with these Yorkshire nobodies
[/quote]

Exactamondo, who gives a stuff about what they think of our signings or how far ahead of us in the betting stakes for promotion they are?!?!?!?!?
[/quote]

"Why go looking"..Its obvious surely?! To get an unbiased veiw!! You will often get a fairer assessment form these clubs,than from the supporters of the selling club! Though not always  Getting views of fans who havent got a vested interest,other than if it makes a rival,ie us,potentialy a stronger squad,will always be me give a rats #####

This point is proven on the leeds sight who generally feel we have a very gifted player....Wouldve liked to known sheff utds fans take,as they apparently was in the running,but as they did  have a vested interest,i suppose some of them will be split..the "didnt want him anyway brigade" and the ones who are honest..

Very few fans on clubs who didnt have a vested interest,on fox,generallly didnt get a mention,but on col u,most were happy we got him,again biased views,but blackpool fans were more generous

With ward ,mboro and again leeds fans nearly all stated on some post,that norwich got a bargain there,and "we shouldve gone in for him" posts..yet cov fans again generally were not so generous,thoough again there were a few

So thats why it is good to check other boards views other than the sellers board ,cepech?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I see the video on your post Jonny is proof that you are yet another Leeds fan living in the past.It is time to move on and get a grip on the fact that you are not famous anymore and it is the year 2010.[/quote]lol, I''m not living in the past I''m celebrating it TIL. Surely you have fond memories of a couple of goals that you''ll never forget??Plus haven''t you heard the Leeds chant "We''re not famous anymore!", we know were not famous anymore, we like it that way.

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

[quote user="Carra_Rud"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Why go looking on a Leeds site in the first place? I don''t understand why some of us have such an obsession with these Yorkshire nobodies
[/quote]

Exactamondo, who gives a stuff about what they think of our signings or how far ahead of us in the betting stakes for promotion they are?!?!?!?!?
[/quote]

"Why go looking"..Its obvious surely?! To get an unbiased veiw!! You will often get a fairer assessment form these clubs,than from the supporters of the selling club! Though not always  Getting views of fans who havent got a vested interest,other than if it makes a rival,ie us,potentialy a stronger squad,will always be me give a rats #####

This point is proven on the leeds sight who generally feel we have a very gifted player....Wouldve liked to known sheff utds fans take,as they apparently was in the running,but as they did  have a vested interest,i suppose some of them will be split..the "didnt want him anyway brigade" and the ones who are honest..

Very few fans on clubs who didnt have a vested interest,on fox,generallly didnt get a mention,but on col u,most were happy we got him,again biased views,but blackpool fans were more generous

With ward ,mboro and again leeds fans nearly all stated on some post,that norwich got a bargain there,and "we shouldve gone in for him" posts..yet cov fans again generally were not so generous,thoough again there were a few

So thats why it is good to check other boards views other than the sellers board ,cepech?

[/quote]

Saints mate gonna send me a copy of his season in 07/ 08 ..Season he made england under 21 debut 

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Heard a rumour....and i do mean rumour.....that Leeds will unviel Michael owen on a 12 month deal on a free transfer.[/quote]Lol, surely Leeds aren''t THAT stupid!

I can see Barclaybred''s point here about unbiased opinions. But it''s also interesting to see what Norwich fans had to say about the player before this summer. Now you can do this on this very messageboard. Just type Surman in the search box and lot''s of interesting posts appear. It seems in the main Norwich fans have always rated this player.

While doing this I found a link to this article which was in The Gaurdian over 2 years ago. It''s interesting, not just because Surman was rated one of them ten best outside the Premiership, but also because it just goes to show how difficult it is for Championship players to step up to the top league unless they are promoted with their clubs. I believe  in years gone by that the best 10 players in the old Second Division would be snapped up by First Division clubs.

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for that Barclaybred, I would never of thought of that of course (oh to one day be as clever as you)...

My point was why go on a Leeds site for the neutral opinion? Anyone who has bothered even a cursory glance at WACCOE will know they are not exactly shining examples of neutral, articulate, reasoned and well thought out analysis.

There are sites for any number of other Championship clubs you could visit if you were so anxious to get such an opinion. As I said orginally, I fail to see why people are so hung up on what Leeds fans think as personally I could not give a toss...

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Heard a rumour....and i do mean rumour.....that Leeds will unviel Michael owen on a 12 month deal on a free transfer.[/quote]

Lol, surely Leeds aren''t THAT stupid!
[/quote]

So you wouldn''t have Michael Owen here?  Can you imagine him in the Championship, it would be 25 goals guarunteed at least!

[quote user="Boyo"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Heard a rumour....and i do mean rumour.....that Leeds will unviel Michael owen on a 12 month deal on a free transfer.[/quote]Lol, surely Leeds aren''t THAT stupid![/quote]

So you wouldn''t have Michael Owen here?  Can you imagine him in the Championship, it would be 25 goals guarunteed at least!

[/quote]*7 goals and a majority of the season in the treatment room, all the time picking up 40 or 50 k a week.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Heard a rumour....and i do mean rumour.....that Leeds will unviel Michael owen on a 12 month deal on a free transfer.[/quote]Please please please please please be true.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Well we will all miss russell when he leaves[/quote]

No.  Been a good servant to the club - at least whilst not suspended - but time to let him go