Sign in to follow this  
Brum Uni Canary

The match

There seems to be more noise than I have ever heard on the commentary...Norwich have started a lot more positively than recent games, especially in the first few minutes...end to end stuff. Does this mean that they will go up another gear second half?

Sounds like a very good start and a great atmosphere. Mulryne is controlling the midfield. Finally Worthington has had the guts to drop Holt and it looks like it could pay off....and as i type this Beattie scores! Typical!

FRANCIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IN .. KEEP IT UP NORWICH

'''' Worthy Must Buy Jan Kristiansen ''''

I''m listening in to the game, thanks to your input on another thread DD. Thrilled that we just tied it up. Sounds like the team is up for this one. Let''s hope it continues.

Finally! I can now walk around campus without ridicule about being a poor side. I shall be wearing my shirt with pride all of next week

Lawrenson got the result wrong too which is good...perhaps he can retract his relegation comments.... 

The noise never stopped....it must have been a tremendous experience at FCR. Maybe everyone should wear red pants on matchdays in future!

Brum Uni Canary...consider it done.  The underwear thing, that is!  And the red jumper too so long as it''s blinkin'' freezing out there.  (Even Damo resorted to the gubbies on his mits in the second half, and to think I called him a wuss for so doing!!!  I consider myself suitably admonished, and I''ll buy him a pint any day of the week!!!)

What a relief to get our first win - but for the posters who could not get to the game, please do not get carried away - we have played far better already this season and lost or drawn.  However, while there were still players not on top of their form, the performance was gutsy if nothing else. my assessment of the team for what its worth - Greeno- about usual but he did tend to rush things at times, Drury - as usual some telling tackles but did get caught which led to their goal - seems to have improved going forward but at the expense of some of his good defensive work,  Edworthy - caught out of position several times but did get forward more, Fleming - not up to his usual standard - poor distribution, Charlton - well, we may criticise Worthy for some of his signings but Charlie is a revelation, if only he could distribute a bit more accurately, Mulryne - certainly did not dominate midfield but made a useful contribution and did not waste to many balls.  Francis- really wanted to play and was all over the place and but for Kents would have had a hat-trick today, Bentley - not too convincing and lost it in the second half when we were pressing for goal, Svennson - not as active as of his last few games but still did reasonably well, Mckenzie- if only a few more of the team were as keen as Leon, we would not be in trouble, he just needs a bit of luck with his finishing, Hucks - did his usual but is being marked out of games, thought he looked more dangerous when going thru the middle.

All in all, a very exciting game and a happy journey home for a change!

OTBC for ever