Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Has Doc found himself a new club yet?

Or any of the other "rejects" who left with him?

Incidentally, what was the general consensus on here in the end as to why he was transfered? I thought he would have been a useful squad member at least.

Oh no, here comes another Doc debate all over again!!

For the record, he wasn''t transfered, he was released, as to why there were lots of ideas put forward but no-one will ever know!

Think that covers off the day after day debate we had when it happened.

For my view, I think we have replaced someone who found his level with someone of more quality, ie Elliott Ward

Danny Kelly yesterday signed for Barnet. Good luck to the lad. Otherwise no. Cureton was linked heavily to Walsall but that appeared to be agent talk. Heard nothing about the Doc.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]

Or any of the other "rejects" who left with him?

Incidentally, what was the general consensus on here in the end as to why he was transfered? I thought he would have been a useful squad member at least.

[/quote]

At the time a lot of people were saying he chose to leave.

I wonder if it was a bit of a Malky moment in that perhaps he was told we had a good defender lined up to sign for us in the summer and that when Whitbread is fit he would have to fight for his place and that he wouldn''t be guaranteed to start. Doherty is around 30 now and probably wants to be somewhere where they will give him lots of football. Fair play to him. Alternatively if he was demanding a similar wage to Ward then I know who I would rather have.

I don''t believe it! It took four posts before a donkey picture arrived. Hot weather must be making everyone slow.

[quote user="ron obvious"]
I don''t believe it! It took four posts before a donkey picture arrived. Hot weather must be making everyone slow.

[/quote]

No flies on you hey Nob Obvious.....apart from the one you swallowed....

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]Oh no, here comes another Doc debate all over again!! For the record, he wasn''t transfered, he was released, as to why there were lots of ideas put forward but no-one will ever know! Think that covers off the day after day debate we had when it happened. For my view, I think we have replaced someone who found his level with someone of more quality, ie Elliott Ward[/quote]

Ha ha, you were so quick to dive to dive in and criticise my thread that you have succeeded in completely inoring my main (TOPIC TITLE!!!!) question. Well done that man! Plonker.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Danny Kelly yesterday signed for Barnet. Good luck to the lad. Otherwise no. Cureton was linked heavily to Walsall but that appeared to be agent talk. Heard nothing about the Doc.[/quote]

Well done. I think you are the only one to address my main question (here''s a clue; it''s in the topic title!).

[quote user="Dan Druff"]

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]Oh no, here comes another Doc debate all over again!! For the record, he wasn''t transfered, he was released, as to why there were lots of ideas put forward but no-one will ever know! Think that covers off the day after day debate we had when it happened. For my view, I think we have replaced someone who found his level with someone of more quality, ie Elliott Ward[/quote]

Ha ha, you were so quick to dive to dive in and criticise my thread that you have succeeded in completely inoring my main (TOPIC TITLE!!!!) question. Well done that man! Plonker.

[/quote]

Too many DIVES. But I have the perfect excuse of being just slightly annoyed at the abrupt and wholly unnecessary reply from Mr Biscuit.

I can''t see anywhere in my post where I have criticised anything that you have put.

I was trying to have a laff as this whole Doc things caused such a stir when it happened I was laughing that we''ll end up with another.

I answered some of your other points but yes I didn''t answer your question re whether the Doc has found another club, the simple answer to that question is no, he hasn''t and all it would have taken was to look at the Transfer section of BBC to have seen that and unless the Doc is actually on here no-one will know unless it''s common knowledge........and you called me a plonker!

[quote user="First Wizard"]He signed for  Redwings on Monday.[img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/getmecoat.gif[/img][/quote]

[|-)]

Ok, I had a cheap shot at the Doc. Truth be known, I liked the Doc.....and he has been a decent servant of NCFC.

He wasn''t really a donkey, but I do wonder since his release - if any club has actually shown any real interest in him?

The answer is a resounding "NO!". If he signs with a club at League 1 or CCC, morty and the Doherty afficionados will be all over it with "I told you so''s" and "he''s quality we can''t live without", and ,"he''ll be back to haunt us".

To that, I will respond that he''s haunted us plenty already.

If he signs with a League 4 or lower team, there may be a few sarcastic comments made at most, but just as likely it will not gegerate any.

Doc has been on holiday, but keeping fitness up.  His agent has received a number of offers from Championship and League One clubs which he will discuss with Doc on his return, and then negotiations can begin.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Doc has been on holiday, but keeping fitness up.  His agent has received a number of offers from Championship and League One clubs which he will discuss with Doc on his return, and then negotiations can begin.[/quote]

Are you like his biatch?

[quote user="First Jizza"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Doc has been on holiday, but keeping fitness up.  His agent has received a number of offers from Championship and League One clubs which he will discuss with Doc on his return, and then negotiations can begin.[/quote]

Are you like his biatch?[/quote]No, we just have a friendly wrestle from time to time.For the record, if you can be bothered to trawl the archives, I first posted the news about Doc being dropped by Lambert, then recalled by Lambert, and then about Doc not getting his contract renewed, so it''s fair to say I''m not guessing.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

OP...who cares...he is no longer a ncfc player....done the past...MOVE ON FFS!!!

[/quote]

Demonstrably, some people do care and they have as much right to care as you have not to care.

You are free to move on to a difeerent thread.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

OP...who cares...he is no longer a ncfc player....done the past...MOVE ON FFS!!!

[/quote]

Demonstrably, some people do care and they have as much right to care as you have not to care.

You are free to move on to a difeerent thread.

[/quote]

Absolutely. It never ceases to amaze me the number of obnoxious people who post on here. I dread the thought of sitting next to some of them at Carrow Road.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

I''m afraid he is still an NCFC player, and is being paid handsomely for that privilege until next Thursday[:O]

So I assume he is on his holidays reaping the benefit of his rewards[;)]

And to think, I got called a plonker for trying to stop another Doc conversation!

The Doc is gone, he had his good times, he had his bad times, he''s moved on so let''s all move on with him!

Actually though, wonder if Jamie lad has found a new club yet.........