Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

20,250 season tickets sold!

Makes me proud, that in times of financial uncertainty, that so many people show their loyalty.And don''t doubt just how much our six fingered Suffolk "chums" wish they could pull in such numbers.OTBC.

Considering that a lot of people have a substantial increase given they took the rebate, I think it''s a fantastic figure!

OTBC!

Cant help but feel this is an indication that we should be thinking to rebuild the city stand and the two corners in the next couple of years, providing Championship stability at the very least. Lots of matches will now sell out as a result of this and the there would probably be the demand for the extra seats which would eventually bring in aditional income to the club!

I''m glad a bought a super membership this season as without it I doubt I would be able to get tickets to even the most dull of matches such as Hull or Barnsley. We really do need to dramatically increase capacity, and extra 5,000 is needed I think.

"Cant help but feel this is an indication that we should be thinking to rebuild the city stand and the two corners in the next couple of years"

I''m sure the club wants to, but as has been discussed before, it take at *least* 4 years to re-coop any investment spent on new seats... so we''d be out of pocket for a long time, if we did that. It''s not like we much cash floating around...

That''s why reducing our debt is vitally important. If we don''t reduce our debt then we will never be able to afford to expand to the size we need and we''ll never be able to increase our income.

Selling that many tickets is fantastic news for the club. I wonder how many clubs in the lower 1/2 of the prem and chimpionship have sold more than us. I''m pretty sure you can rule out the likes of Wigan and Blackburn. Just a shame that it will make it a lot harder to get tickets for home games with only about 3000 availble for each one.

Davo

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Cant help but feel this is an indication that we should be thinking to rebuild the city stand and the two corners in the next couple of years"

I''m sure the club wants to, but as has been discussed before, it take at *least* 4 years to re-coop any investment spent on new seats... so we''d be out of pocket for a long time, if we did that. It''s not like we much cash floating around...[/quote]indeed, but I think even if we dont make it to the premireship in the next, say 4 seasons, but have once again become an established championship side it should be considered. Remember we re-built the South stand while we were still in the championship and were even able to get promoted while financing the build. 4 years re-coop for a stand that could be there for 30+ years isnt that bad in my opinion.... and thats not taking into acount a promotion which would see the windfall pay for the construction! That said, i fully trust the board to do the right thing, hence why they are in charge and im not!

Think the last line is a concern - the Mall was an ideal spot for selling tickets...

"City have announced that season and match tickets are no longer available from the Canary Store in the Mall, Norwich."

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i bet my old seat has been sold :([/quote]

I know you did it for understandable financial reasons Jas, but are the regrets starting to creep in yet?

[/quote]they set in in March mate!

[quote user="Davo"]

That''s why reducing our debt is vitally important. If we don''t reduce our debt then we will never be able to afford to expand to the size we need and we''ll never be able to increase our income.

Selling that many tickets is fantastic news for the club. I wonder how many clubs in the lower 1/2 of the prem and chimpionship have sold more than us. I''m pretty sure you can rule out the likes of Wigan and Blackburn. Just a shame that it will make it a lot harder to get tickets for home games with only about 3000 availble for each one.

Davo

[/quote]

heres a link to a list of sorts on how many each club has sold, for example scum only managed to sell 14920 (an increase of a whopping 96! on last season)

http://www.channel4.com/news/other/2007/season_tickets.html

our supporters have once again proved just how dedicated and loyal we are

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i bet my old seat has been sold :(
[/quote]

I know you did it for understandable financial reasons Jas, but are the regrets starting to creep in yet?

[/quote]

they set in in March mate!
[/quote]

I gave up my season ticket last year (first son was born) due to financial uncertainties surrounding being a first time parent but it was the worst thing I did! Hated every minute of listening to it on Snorfolk. Thing is though there are priorities in life that rank way above football. There will always be another chance to get a season ticket Jas!

I didn''t renew mine either last season due to the fact that my mate who I went with couldn''t afford it and I wasn''t sure what I was doing for the year. I stayed about and went to prettyc much all the games anyway, but now I have a season ticket again!

[quote user="Davo"]

[/quote]

Are you George Osborne in disguise.  Speculate to accumulate!!!!!

Great figures again!

Yes the extra 5000 or so seats that a City stand upper tier which wraps round to meet the Barclay and River end would be handy and we could fill but until we get into the Premiership or have a rich suger Daddy will not happen!

I think the next expension work will be to extend the Jarold stand round in front of the hotel until it reachs the Barclay stand. This would yeild another 2000 seats and would probably be less expensive than doing the City stand.

The best way to go about capacity increase is to do it bit by bit in order to not lose season ticket holders and to maintain that near sell out feel which makes people who really want to go to games ensure they get tickets ASAP.

On the subject of fans who give up their season tickets and regret it, I''ve known a few people like that and if you enjoy something and have been doing it that long then why stop doing it, lifes to short?

The intrest free direct debit scheme offers an excellent opportunity to pay for your ST comfortably without overstretching oneself!

Well with Surman coming now, if they were not sold before, they will be now... We''re showing ambition. We''ve got the fan base. We''ve got the money? [:O] Bring on the Ipsh!t [:D]

The measure will be how much these sales generate. A club with far less season ticket sales may well be hitting the same level of income.

Increasing the ground capacity at this moment would not be a good idea. Building on top of the main stand would certainly mean it being closed for some while. Factor that loss of income against future income.

At the moment we have got it about right. The season ticket sale prices are pitched at the level so as to fill the ground, which stimulates demand ie why would you buy a season ticket at poorman road when you know the ground will be half empty and you can walk in when you want, and only need to pay for the games that suit.

Far better at this stage to have a high demand for tickets, a packed ground and a great atmosphere with the sense that there is some kind of worth to your ticket. If as stated it will take four years to recoup any money spent on a new stand then bear in mind a lot can happen in four years. Alot that maybe due to circumstances beyond the club''s control.

If we do manage to squeeze in 27,000 that''s going to be some atmosphere ,and an awfully intimidating ground to play at with everyone packed in.

Next season looks better by the minute

[quote user="morty"]Makes me proud, that in times of financial uncertainty, that so many people show their loyalty.And don''t doubt just how much our six fingered Suffolk "chums" wish they could pull in such numbers.OTBC.[/quote]Trust me, binners regularly pull in numbers, but not STs.[;)]

Glad i''ve kept mine, even though now i''m being moved from the Diss Branch of Carphone Warehouse to Brigg Street in Norwich (Pop in and see me haha, i''l have the badge with "Adam" on it) and likely to miss even more games.

Hull City reported that last year they sold 11,000 and this year they have sold 20,500!! are the tickets at half price i wonder?

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Think the last line is a concern - the Mall was an ideal spot for selling tickets...

"City have announced that season and match tickets are no longer available from the Canary Store in the Mall, Norwich."
[/quote]

What is the mystery about not selling tickets in the Mall shop anymore, is the shop closing ??

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="morty"]Makes me proud, that in times of financial uncertainty, that so many people show their loyalty.And don''t doubt just how much our six fingered Suffolk "chums" wish they could pull in such numbers.OTBC.[/quote]Trust me, binners regularly pull in numbers, but not STs.[;)][/quote]But when they do pull they all get STIs. [;)]

[quote user="morty"]Makes me proud, that in times of financial uncertainty, that so many people show their loyalty.

And don''t doubt just how much our six fingered Suffolk "chums" wish they could pull in such numbers.

OTBC.
[/quote]

How right you are Morty. 

The Binners are  DISLOYAL and GLORYLESS.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="morty"]Makes me proud, that in times of financial uncertainty, that so many people show their loyalty.

And don''t doubt just how much our six fingered Suffolk "chums" wish they could pull in such numbers.

OTBC.
[/quote]

Trust me, binners regularly pull in numbers, but not STs.[;)]
[/quote]

The Binners struggle to get 20,000 gates