Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

Jay De Merit

If he starts for Watford, against us then we haven''t got anything to fear, how he is an international footballer is beyond me.

Just goes to show how poor American Football is, and how poor England were.

[quote user="city till i die"]If he starts for Watford, against us then we haven''t got anything to fear, how he is an international footballer is beyond me.

Just goes to show how poor American Football is, and how poor England were.[/quote]

He played for Watford, not Norwich. He''s better than anyone we''ve got on our team who played international football for Ireland.

He would be a superb signing.  He was released from Watford as he was on high wages for them and got hurt scratching his eye while taking out a contact.  He man-marked Rooney out of the game last week.  He was by far our best defender during this World Cup campaign.  Too bad he can''t play right back, as we need that more than a CB, but DeMerit would be a fantastic signing for us.  He will end up in the Championship, but probably on a team with bigger needs in the middle of the defense, and on a team more willing to pay.  I''d love him here but I''d prefer to see us get a solid RB first.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]He would be a superb signing.  He was released from Watford as he was on high wages for them and got hurt scratching his eye while taking out a contact.  He man-marked Rooney out of the game last week.  He was by far our best defender during this World Cup campaign.  Too bad he can''t play right back, as we need that more than a CB, but DeMerit would be a fantastic signing for us.  He will end up in the Championship, but probably on a team with bigger needs in the middle of the defense, and on a team more willing to pay.  I''d love him here but I''d prefer to see us get a solid RB first.[/quote]I was going to say I thought he played reasonably well and would give us more at the back than Nelson will.  I think Russell Martin is our "solid" RB with Spillane as cover [^o)]

Solid, experienced at the right level - I would be happy enough to have him in the squad but as others have said we need to sort of a couple of other positions first.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]He would be a superb signing.  He was released from Watford as he was on high wages for them and got hurt scratching his eye while taking out a contact.  He man-marked Rooney out of the game last week.  He was by far our best defender during this World Cup campaign.  Too bad he can''t play right back, as we need that more than a CB, but DeMerit would be a fantastic signing for us.  He will end up in the Championship, but probably on a team with bigger needs in the middle of the defense, and on a team more willing to pay.  I''d love him here but I''d prefer to see us get a solid RB first.
[/quote]

Well Said [Y]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]He''s better than anyone we''ve got on our team who played international football for Ireland.[/quote]I very much doubt he is better than Wes Hoolahan.

I thought he had a good tournament as well to be honest. Wouldn''t mind seeing him at Carrow Road, he probably is better than Micky Nelson

Based on the one game, you could say that about any footballer. Rooney against Algeria, by a German fan??

"...If he starts for England, against us then we haven''t got anything to fear, how he is an international footballer is beyond me.

Just goes to show how poor English Football is, and how poor Algeria were...."

Agree, De Merit would be a good signing for someone. He''s never going to be a top 6 Premiership player, but so what?

Quite a few of the American players had decent tournaments, and, yesterday in particular, I thought Benny Feilhaber looked a very decent player. Was rooting for them to win yesterday, but Ghana had just a little too much more about them.

Funny how everyone was disappointed that England didn''t get Ghana for the perceived "easier" game-I don''t think there seems much to choose between them and Germany quite honestly, and it wouldn''t have been the "gimme" all and sundry seemed to think.

Did anyone else see on ssn they had a clip of Barack Obama watching the game and he actually had to have some of the rules explained to him. For example he diddnt know how long extra time there was

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Houston Canary"]He''s better than anyone we''ve got on our team who played international football for Ireland.[/quote]I very much doubt he is better than Wes Hoolahan.[/quote]i think he was referring to the Doc.

[quote user="thirdlion"]You''re joking.[/quote]if i was joking i''d say " a chicken and an egg are laying in bed, the chicken has a satisfied look on his face and is smoking a cigarette, the egg looks annoyed.. the egg turns to the chicken and says "well that answers that question...."