Sign in to follow this  
CharlieFarlie

Odds ?

Any one know what odds would be on England winning the world cup, Button winning the British Grand Prix, and Murray winning Wimbledon

Must be fairly high!

[quote user="First Jedi"]Especially if Hamilton ends up winning the GP - you''d be gutted! :)[/quote]

Worth a 5 each on two bets , one for Hamilton one on Button, if either came in i would say it would pay for a very nice holiday. Not really a bettting man, other than a couple of pound on match days . Worth a punt though

I will be posting back if it comes in though [;)]

Having a look very roughly on William Hill. England are 10-1 for the WC. Murray is 13-2 for Wimbledon. Can''t find odds for British GP yet so had a look at what Button is for this weekends GP and that''s 13-2 also. Would have thought they''d be there or there abouts for the British GP before any qualifying etc.A treble on those three comes out at 81.5/1, so a quid would get you £82.50!Not bad! [Y]

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

Any one know what odds would be on England winning the world cup, Button winning the British Grand Prix, and Murray winning Wimbledon

[/quote]

About the same as "I am a banana" being accepted into Mensa...

Dont waste ya money worrying about the F1, England winning the world cup? and Murray winning Wimbledon?

More chance of meeting Moses

DDD''s right, Betfair have got ''Meeting Moses'' in at 30/1........... [;)]

[quote user="First Jedi"]"I will be posting back if it comes in though" Did you find anywhere to take the bet?[/quote]

As I have said I am not a betting man, but during lunch popped into a local Tote Bet shop, very helpful guys, there are no odds on British GP as they dont place them until qualifying.

But I have done Murray to win 6/1 Wimbledon, Button to win European GP this weekend 5/1 and England to win world cup 9/1,

Apparently this works out at 420/1 so had £2 on it, if things go well this weekend will place the same again on Thursday but with Button for the British GP ( odds will be lower on England and Murray by Thursday I presume)

Whatch this space .

[quote user="First Jedi"]"I will be posting back if it comes in though" Did you find anywhere to take the bet?[/quote]

As I have said I am not a betting man, but during lunch popped into a local Tote Bet shop, very helpful guys, there are no odds on British GP as they dont place them until qualifying.

But I have done Murray to win 6/1 Wimbledon, Button to win European GP this weekend 5/1 and England to win world cup 9/1,

Apparently this works out at 420/1 so had £2 on it, if things go well this weekend will place the same again on Thursday but with Button for the British GP ( odds will be lower on England and Murray by Thursday I presume)

Whatch this space .

[/quote]I think they will change alot if we lose on sunday! [:(]

Must be fairly high!

[/quote]Never mind that, I''ll give you 10,000/1 on the combination if you are happy to give me your cash.

Whatch this space .

[/quote]That is absolute horsecrap! 6-1/5-1/9-1 becoming 420/1??? Where is this bookmakers?? I need to put a bet on with him before he declares himself bankrupt!!!Just done the same thing AGAIN online. Murray  13/2 - Jenson 7/1 - and England 10/1 - Better odds on all three than you got and it comes out at 81.5/1.I smell some serious bullshine. Seriously guy. That''s embarrassing........ [:|]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

Whatch this space .

[/quote]

That is absolute horsecrap! 6-1/5-1/9-1 becoming 420/1??? Where is this bookmakers?? I need to put a bet on with him before he declares himself bankrupt!!!

Just done the same thing AGAIN online. Murray  13/2 - Jenson 7/1 - and England 10/1 - Better odds on all three than you got and it comes out at 81.5/1.

I smell some serious bullshine. Seriously guy. That''s embarrassing........ [:|]
[/quote]

Nope he''s sport on, i''ve just used those odds on ladbrokes and got 420/1. Did you factor in the accumulator odds?

[quote user="The Walking Man "][quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

Whatch this space .

[/quote]

That is absolute horsecrap! 6-1/5-1/9-1 becoming 420/1??? Where is this bookmakers?? I need to put a bet on with him before he declares himself bankrupt!!!Just done the same thing AGAIN online. Murray  13/2 - Jenson 7/1 - and England 10/1 - Better odds on all three than you got and it comes out at 81.5/1.I smell some serious bullshine. Seriously guy. That''s embarrassing........ [:|][/quote]

Nope he''s sport on, i''ve just used those odds on ladbrokes and got 420/1. Did you factor in the accumulator odds?

[/quote]I apologise profusely.....For some reason William Hill was only counting 2 of them... [:$]Had a look on Sportingbet to have another view. 8''s 11''s and 8''s giving you a result of £972 for a quid bet!

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

Whatch this space .

[/quote]That is absolute horsecrap! 6-1/5-1/9-1 becoming 420/1??? Where is this bookmakers?? I need to put a bet on with him before he declares himself bankrupt!!!420/1 is right7 x 6 x 10 = 420e.g. put a quid on 6-1, turns into 7.put that 7 quid on at 5-1, win 35 quid plus 7 quid stakeput that 42 quid on 9-1, win 378 quid plus 42 quid stakehey presto, £420!no wonder the bookies get so much money!Just done the same thing AGAIN online. Murray  13/2 - Jenson 7/1 - and England 10/1 - Better odds on all three than you got and it comes out at 81.5/1. How did you get this?1 turns to 7.5 turns to 60 turns to 660 quid. £240 extra quid for your troubles! very nice!I smell some serious bullshine. Seriously guy. That''s embarrassing........ [:|][/quote]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

Whatch this space .

[/quote]That is absolute horsecrap! 6-1/5-1/9-1 becoming 420/1??? Where is this bookmakers?? I need to put a bet on with him before he declares himself bankrupt!!!420/1 is right7 x 6 x 10 = 420e.g. put a quid on 6-1, turns into 7.put that 7 quid on at 5-1, win 35 quid plus 7 quid stakeput that 42 quid on 9-1, win 378 quid plus 42 quid stakehey presto, £420!no wonder the bookies get so much money!Just done the same thing AGAIN online. Murray  13/2 - Jenson 7/1 - and England 10/1 - Better odds on all three than you got and it comes out at 81.5/1. How did you get this?1 turns to 7.5 turns to 60 turns to 660 quid. £240 extra quid for your troubles! very nice!I smell some serious bullshine. Seriously guy. That''s embarrassing........ [:|][/quote][/quote]Try reading the post above before giving us the patronising maths lesson eh? [8-)]

[quote]That is absolute horsecrap! 6-1/5-1/9-1 becoming 420/1??? Where is this bookmakers?? I need to put a bet on with him before he declares himself bankrupt!!!Just done the same thing AGAIN online. Murray  13/2 - Jenson 7/1 - and England 10/1 - Better odds on all three than you got and it comes out at 81.5/1.I smell some serious bullshine. Seriously guy. That''s embarrassing........ [:|][/quote]Best of luck Charlie, Im tempted to go out and do a Nadal/Spain/Alonso bet, not sure what the odds would be but would be interesting to watch!

CC - Your post was a lot more patronising than the maths one surely?!Anyway the Spain bet would be 104/1   OP - Maybe you could throw in England whitewashing the Aussies while your at it!

[H][quote user="Trent Canary"]CC - Your post was a lot more patronising than the maths one surely?!Anyway the Spain bet would be 104/1   OP - Maybe you could throw in England whitewashing the Aussies while your at it![/quote]No, my first one was just unnecessarily aggressive, and my second was also on the unnecessary side......Apologies to all! No need for it on such a nice day! [Y][H][B][H]