Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

Lads back in Training

I  am told that the lads are back in training at Colney already. Seems they are going to hit the ground running, Great stuff.

Wonder who the goal keepers are that are getting fit. Must be more than two surely. Bit far for me to go and have a look. Could one of you resting on your Summer holidays go and have a peep.

If the temperature really is in the 30''s must be a bugger running round the pitch!

I thought most teams were back on July the 1st including us which is why Lambert wants his squad finished by then?

A 31 yr old striker who once cost £4 million has to be worth a look at. Sounds good to me!

[quote user="bristol_canary"]is he the bugger running around the pitch?[/quote]I freely admit, the unexpected comment above made me chuckle like a little schoolgirl. I don''t know why, as it wasn''t the most hilarious thing ever, but it caught me off guard. I applaud you, Bristol Canary. Back on topic, the 1st is on Thursday, but then an extra couple of days wouldn''t exactly hurt. Even if they just do light gym stuff and maybe a brief kick about, it''s a chance for the newer lads to blend in and get to know the facilities.  Who knows, there may be a signing or two coming in this week as well to coincide with the start of the pre-season.

he might''ve cost that at some point but he isnt worth it now.

and i dont rate him too highly - too lazy and his goal average isnt good enough

What a lot of people never heard about was that one of the reasons Colchester beat us 7-1 last year in the first game was that Lambert had the Colchester players in for pre season 3 weeks before any other League 1 Club.  Now I am not sure when the other clubs have got their players in this year but you certainly get the feeling he doesn''t leave anything to chance.  Compare this to how undercooked our boys were and the lack of cohesion due to some late arrivals during pre season training might give you some idea why Gunn was sacked and Lambert brought in.

I think the date of preseason training for Gunn was academic. No amount of preparation can make up for what he lacked.

Lambert had prepared for that game, identified our weaknesses etc

I think Gunn''s lack of preperation, post amatch analysis was what did for him. Even without that heavy defeat McNally had quickly identified Gunn wasn''t the man for that job.

Thankfully this more professional attitude appears to be the norm in the club now. No more sentimentality towards folk simply because they previously had played for the club.

Ruthless determination. That''s what we want. And frankly if it goes as far as shooting a few to ''encourage'' the others, so bit it.

Premiership here we come.