Sign in to follow this  
Canary02 IV

Archant Article - Where the money has come from.

Whilst we''re all wondering how we''re affording our great signings, I''m expecting a comprehensive investigative piece from the EDP or EEN. Something along the lines of:

"If you know where the money has come from, please call Archant on 01603 ******."

Bailey, it''s over to you....

The same place it has every year for the last decade, but because were doing well and making exciting signing we cant possibly give praise to the crocked cook that secretly wants to sink the club

There is an extra £3m from TV rights and our prize money. I don''t doubt that the slight increase in season ticket prices has raised more money. Having full houses all last season will also add extra revenue.

Unlike the wastrels down the road the club has is run within reasoned budgets which has seen the banks backing us ie easier on loan repayments and a bit of flexibilty on ''overdraft'' facilities.

I would be very doubtful as to whether there is some pot of magic beans or a fairy godmother etc. Just good housekeeping, fantastic support and aclub that is worth backing.

Premiership here we come !

As far as i see it, it could be any number of things.1. Delia 2. Tony Fernandes but keeping it quiet3. Extra income from a promotion plus the extra money being spread around because of Newcastle and West Brom both going back up first time of asking. 4. Selling of land5. Extra Season ticket incomeor finally 6. A mixture of the above

surely if their had been major investment, all of us minor shareholders would have to be informed. So that rules that out.

Weve got an extra 4million revenue just from being in the champ from tv and spread out parachute payments.

The rise in season ticket prices will of raised more money. Didnt renew as im going to uni, so what did you pay lastyear and this year?

Mcnally as made significant cuts to the operational staff at NCFC and that would of freed up a lot more money to plough into the playing budget.

Weve always had money, we probably spent close to a million last year on transfers when we were in league one. And the season before Rodent spent massive amounts on loans.

I agree with DDD.

Funny how Delia is now more out there and has signed up to front Waitrose, can''t imagine she comes cheap and no matter what some people say, she adores this club so I wouldn''t be at all suprised that she''s doing it to fund the club transfers!

What would that sort of thing command as a fee, less than a million, million plus?

Not saying I know, but the money is certainly coming from somewhere and it was usually Delia who put her hand in the pocket

[quote user="City penguin"]

surely if their had been major investment, all of us minor shareholders would have to be informed. So that rules that out.

Weve got an extra 4million revenue just from being in the champ from tv and spread out parachute payments.

The rise in season ticket prices will of raised more money. Didnt renew as im going to uni, so what did you pay lastyear and this year?

Mcnally as made significant cuts to the operational staff at NCFC and that would of freed up a lot more money to plough into the playing budget.

Weve always had money, we probably spent close to a million last year on transfers when we were in league one. And the season before Rodent spent massive amounts on loans.

[/quote]

The difference is Roeder, as the managers before him, had to sell before he could bring anyone in (Shackell,Brown and Lewis raised £1.5m off the top of my head).  Now for the second season running we seem to have a decent footballing budget without resorting to selling off the family silver.  Things are very different at CR now and thank f*** for that.....

[quote user="The Butler"]Try the sale of the land ,at last, for a reasonable sum by a business team.[/quote]

I know you have a bit of an inside track Butler, but wouldn`t any land sale have to be made public?

"What would that sort of thing command as a fee, less than a million, million plus? "

Easily - advertising work is *so* well paid (in comparison to just "normal" TV work).

In Delia''s case, she is giving more than just a single random ad - but a whole promotional campaign. The Waitrose gig probably earns her loads more than her books or TV stuff.

Cheers Jedi

The way I look at it is that she''s not personally badly off, she seems the kind of person that as long as she personally has enough, anything else can be pumped into her love for the club.

She doesn''t have kids so what does she need more money for, appreciate no-one will know the true extent of the Delia Personal Fortune but it would kind of make sense, I guess...............

Having said all of that, I don''t really care where the cash comes from it''s just nice to have some, just hope we''re not breakign the bank but I don''t see McNally as that sort, he has a very wish head when it comes to business so I can''t see him putting us in a worse position.

What a contrast to this time a year ago.......

Am I right in remembering that Bowkett said the plan NCFC had in place with their creditors was for two seasons in League One.

This surely would mean that having got promoted at the 1st attempt there is a little room for manouvre with debt repayment? Meaning the extra money coming in due to promotion (tv rights, ticket sales) can go on the playing budget, rather than straight into paying off the debt. Not a sustainable plan in the long term by any means, but achieving your target earlier than expected will always give you a little extra to play with.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Why do we need to know? Just be grateful that we''re signing quality players.[D][/quote]But, Beau, don''t need to know??? In that case what on earth would I have to write about?[8-)] At such mind-numbing length.[8-|] I''d have to go back to having a life![<:o)][;)][<:o)]

* High earning players released (Cureton, Doc, Rusty?).* Extra £4m revenue from being in the champ* Delia''s Waitrose deal* Increase in Season Ticket revenueThe problem is that the club is massively in debt, was running at a loss, and deferred millions from last season so I really hope they are dealing with cutting the debts before spending big money.The squad is full of cheapish players but it is a massive squad. We now have 13 first team midfield players and only 2 of them could be described as wingers.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]How much would they have saved in wages from the Doc and Cureton going at the end of last season?[/quote]

id say cica 15k-20k. Doc was on prem wages and cureton was on wages of the best striker in the champ.

Thats at least a million off the wages!

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]How much would they have saved in wages from the Doc and Cureton going at the end of last season?[/quote]

id say cica 15k-20k. Doc was on prem wages and cureton was on wages of the best striker in the champ.

[/quote]The club won''t be any better off because remaining players have clauses in their contracts for an automatic pay rise for promotion to the Championship.

[/quote]Is there any proof of this oft related rumour that the Doc was on high wages? He was very late to sign up for another year before last season - apparently he didn''t get any better offers - and we were playing in League 1. Why would we have paid "prem wages"?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="The Butler"]Try the sale of the land ,at last, for a reasonable sum by a business team.[/quote]

You''ve told ''em, I''ve told ''em but they don''t listen.......

[/quote]

As you two seem to be in the know. Is this the land that we owe the 2.5mill or so for the last couple of years but have never been able to sell? The old LSE land wasn''t it? Also has the sale covered this loan and produced a profit or are just spunking away the cash now in the hope of it getting us to the prem?

Davo

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

You''ve told ''em, I''ve told ''em but they don''t listen.......

[/quote]Oh No !  What Will Mr Carrow talk about now ? [:o]

As I understand it the budget for the coming season is taken from the clubs own resources and nof resh investors. It''s said to be very competitive. I believe the football budget for our relegation season was very competitive too. Maybe this time we will actually be cleverer than our competitors.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="City penguin"]

[/quote]

Is there any proof of this oft related rumour that the Doc was on high wages? He was very late to sign up for another year before last season - apparently he didn''t get any better offers - and we were playing in League 1. Why would we have paid "prem wages"?
[/quote]

I haver puzzled about this because the Doc has at least once, and I think in fact twice (once under Grant and then again last close season), had contract renewals.  The likelihood of him being on Premiership wages are remote.  In any event, we had relegation clauses so that salaries were reduced on relegation.

This sounds like an urban myth.  I also question whether Jamie was on £8k after all, we know Leon McKenzie was on £3,500 in the Premiership.   Still, there is probably a saving of between £5 -£10k per week on the two of them which is up to £500,000 per year.

I would say that Jamie Lad was certainly on higher wages than Doc simply because it was the same contract that he signed when Grant paid nearly 1m for him after earnie jumped ship. I would imagine that the sticking point about Docs contract was the years option that was held by the club. I am under the impression that in those cases the club has to honour the old contract if they take up the option.