Sign in to follow this  
Chewbacca

Thanks for ruining football SKY TV

[quote user="ncfcrooferman"]your right football has changed. The first and biggest thing is it has become almost non contact everytime you commit to a tackle you run the risk of a yellow card (ask klose last week )its aimed at the middle and upper class no room at the inn for the working man any more :( ,the corporates side is more important than real fans so in the end no real new young fans will come to clubs like Norwich because parents can afford it and because of over exposure by sky then end up supporting plastic sides like chelsea manure and the like.[/quote]

Is this working???

When you''re writing a post do you have a small box to type in or large. Because for me after pressing the compatibility button it went back to the full screen.

I arrive back from a holiday night flight on the morning of the game to Southampton. I had planned coming up to Norwich Saturday morning in time for the game, oh well.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]When you''re writing a post do you have a small box to type in or large. Because for me after pressing the compatibility button it went back to the full screen.[/quote]

Same here. All sorted now. Thanks everyone.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="ncfcrooferman"]your right football has changed. The first and biggest thing is it has become almost non contact everytime you commit to a tackle you run the risk of a yellow card (ask klose last week )its aimed at the middle and upper class no room at the inn for the working man any more :( ,the corporates side is more important than real fans so in the end no real new young fans will come to clubs like Norwich because parents can afford it and because of over exposure by sky then end up supporting plastic sides like chelsea manure and the like.[/quote]

Is this working???

[/quote]

Thats better isn''t it Arthur, will save you all that pasting and copying [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Is this working???

[/quote]

Thats better isn''t it Arthur, will save you all that pasting and copying [:)]

[/quote]

LOL. Yes thanks Diane and the rest of you. Bloody nightmare!!!

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]If you''ve got Sky you have no right to complain.

Tear down your dishes.[/quote][Y]^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Please do this. Cancel your subscriptions. Bin your dishes. Stop paying fortunes for over-hyped nonsense.Ncfc roofer man is saying football is now aimed at the middle-class, no it''s not. It''s aimed to entice / force the working class to spend a fortune (which they DON''T have) on merchandise, Sky subscriptions, football tickets, etc etc. They then get into debt and take out one of these 2457% APR loans, which then forces them to restructure their debt "into one manageable monthly payment" (which will take 100 years to clear) and they are *****d. Not just them, but an entire society built on debt then crumbles. The global meltdown is not specifically Sky''s fault, but their business model IS a contributing factor.The only way you can stop them from doing this is to BREAK THE CHAIN. Stop feeding the mouth which is biting you.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"]If you''ve got Sky you have no right to complain. Tear down your dishes.[/quote]

[Y]

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Please do this. Cancel your subscriptions. Bin your dishes. Stop paying fortunes for over-hyped nonsense.

Ncfc roofer man is saying football is now aimed at the middle-class, no it''s not. It''s aimed to entice / force the working class to spend a fortune (which they DON''T have) on merchandise, Sky subscriptions, football tickets, etc etc. They then get into debt and take out one of these 2457% APR loans, which then forces them to restructure their debt "into one manageable monthly payment" (which will take 100 years to clear) and they are *****d. Not just them, but an entire society built on debt then crumbles. The global meltdown is not specifically Sky''s fault, but their business model IS a contributing factor.

The only way you can stop them from doing this is to BREAK THE CHAIN. Stop feeding the mouth which is biting you.
[/quote]Jeez![img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/asshole.gif[/img]

Sky rocks imo, if you don''t like the programmes or cost get rid, simples. But I can now record a programme at home by text whilst out, from my wifes mobile phone.......I love that!

[quote user="fearofambition"]Sheff utd v Sheff Wed, Cardiff v Swansea,Chelsea V Spurs, West Ham Millwall, to name to few very high risk derbys were both played at normal, or evening times, yet we always play at 11.30am, 12pm at the latest. Exactly. It''s a joke.[/quote]

Hate to disagree but barring the carling cup match which couldn''t be changed, the last tiem West Ham and Millwall weer in the same divison both games kicked off at half 11, as did the Cardiff v Swansea matches.

Chelsea v spuds no real trouble at them games so hardly a high risk derby, as with the sheffield derby.

So sorry pal, yo ur talking out of  your arse.

I don''t mind the changes and the Friday game is a pain in the arse as I come up from essex so will have to leave early from work but i''m not complaining, FFS some people are moaning and they arent even going to the bloody games lol

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="E Block Loyal"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I don''t see a problem with a 7:45 firday kick off.....or a 11:30 sunday kick off...
[/quote]

Fair enough with the 7.45 kick off (I''d prefer Saturday, but there you go), but do you really have no problem with the derby kicking off at 11.30 on a Sunday morning? It drains so much atmosphere out of the whole thing.

[/quote]

There''s no logical reason why it should drain the atmosphere out of it, people cheer at horse races that start at lunchtime after all. 

Unless some people only cheer when they''ve had a beer or two ?
[/quote]

Yeah the only diffrence i see with Atmosphere at 11:30 on sunday morning, is peopel won''t have gone and gotten Drunk before the game.....
[/quote]

err when the game was first moved by the police, it was due to kick off at 1pm.  Only Sky want it in the morning - strikes me that any other day and they would have fitted it in to their afternoon schedule.  Just thank God they didn''t want it on a Monday night - now that would have been pants!

I''m totally happy this has been moved, i live in bury st edmunds now and its still better off for me.. It brings it closer to my birthday, it falls on my payday and i often prefer evening games. That and the extra 200k .. whats to whinge about?

OTBC

I''ll guarentee that the anti Sky bods on here are the first ones looking for a pub which shows live City away games, or look for live online feeds using their broadcasts.

Hypocrites!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="E Block Loyal"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I don''t see a problem with a 7:45 firday kick off.....or a 11:30 sunday kick off...[/quote]

Fair enough with the 7.45 kick off (I''d prefer Saturday, but there you go), but do you really have no problem with the derby kicking off at 11.30 on a Sunday morning? It drains so much atmosphere out of the whole thing.

[/quote]There''s no logical reason why it should drain the atmosphere out of it, people cheer at horse races that start at lunchtime after all.  Unless some people only cheer when they''ve had a beer or two ?[/quote]11:30 on a Sunday is rather crap as is Sunday generally for football.  It''s the whole having to go to work the next day and I rather enjoy my usual Saturday match day ritual.  Late breakfast reading the EDP for the build up and then a wander to the pub for a few pre-drinks and out afterwards.  That said not eveyone is a boring Civil Servant working 9 - 5 so for some a Sunday''s probably better.  I really think the police are overly-cautious here in Norfolk.  The trouble of old just doesn''t happen anymore (unless it''s Leeds that is) and there is no reason the local Derby can''t be played at 3PM on a Saturday.

As for SKY, it helps old folk who use to be regulars at Carrow Rd for decades but can''t make it there anymore to watch the odd City match so its not all negative.

As for derby matches not covered by SKY then I would prefer a normal kick off time, i.e., 3pm. for a Saturday and 7.45pm. for an evening game.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I''ll guarentee that the anti Sky bods on here are the first ones looking for a pub which shows live City away games, or look for live online feeds using their broadcasts.

Hypocrites!

[/quote]why is it hypocritical to wtch it online? If i was to offer you something for £30 a month or something completely free whenevr you wanted which would you take?