Sign in to follow this  
Chewbacca

Thanks for ruining football SKY TV

Mixed emotions about this. On one hand i''m proper chuffed about the Friday evening kick off, but this is because myself and hundreds of other NCFC fans (ok maybe a hundredish) will still be playing cricket in er, the middle of the summer so I will be able to go.  It makes me apoplectic that the football season starts on the bloody 6th of August, no wonder our summer game is failing. That said, an 11.30am start for the derby is rubbish. Watching football when you can still taste toothpaste is just plain wrong.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I don''t see a problem with a 7:45 firday kick off.....or a 11:30 sunday kick off...
[/quote]

The problem with a 1130 kick off on Sun 28 Nov is that it conflicts with the 1100hrs running of the City of Norwich half marathon which is supporting MacMillan Cancer support. Sky stinks self motivated greed that will take away from those suffering most.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Nothing to do with the ex norwich football intelligence officer being a big wig now is it?[/quote]Cops and intelligence hardly go together Arthur, just look at Tilly! [;)][/quote]

I have to confess Lapp that it appears you are right because the "big wig" comment has flown right above my head.

Still i suppose me responding has given Arthur an opportunity to get on his anti plod horse yet again.Please excuse me but.....yawn....boring.

[quote user="leedscanary"]I think its fantastic that we have been chosen as the opening fixture of the whole new football season on TV. I see it as a great honour, and a way for us to hit the ground running, with a packed FCR behind the boys - it should be a splendid advertisement for our club to the whole football community (new investors included)[/quote]

Agreed 100% It is a great honour. It''s recognition that we are a force in football once more. We are back on the map.

See the positive for once.

[quote user="City1st"]"at people not actually seeing what Sky MONEY has actually done for the

standards of English football"Yep, about 90% of clubs horrendously in debt. The game in this country virtually at bankruptcy and fans made to dance to the tune of some TV company.Perhaps some see the ''English game'' as a bit more than the top half a dozen clubs in the Premiership. [/quote]

Strange, because I can never remember seeing Sky force any football club Chairman or Chief Exec into spending money that the club didn''t have.

Oh and you do have a subscription to Sky don''t you? Pot, kettle, black?

Still i suppose me responding has given Arthur an opportunity to get on his anti plod horse yet again.Please excuse me but.....yawn....boring.

Tilly, stop taking things personaly mate. Now and again the police are at fault, theres nothing wrong in that, everyone in any job makes mistakes.

Im not having a dig at you, you seem to think its a personal thing Tilly, I like and respect you.

Please mate, stop taking every comment I make about plod to heart.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Still i suppose me responding has given Arthur an opportunity to get on his anti plod horse yet again.Please excuse me but.....yawn....boring. Tilly, stop taking things personaly mate. Now and again the police are at fault, theres nothing wrong in that, everyone in any job makes mistakes. Im not having a dig at you, you seem to think its a personal thing Tilly, I like and respect you. Please mate, stop taking every comment I make about plod to heart.[/quote]Lickarse! [:D]

I cant stand Murdock but this is not Sky''s fault. The football club chairmen know the deal they are signing up to and the cash they are getting for the privilage. It''s up to them if they wish to sign up to it or not, or even to suggest modifying the terms and accepting less cash. They have decided to grab the money and have sold the game down the river.

Its just as well Sky dont want to show games at midnight cos the chairmen would have accepted that if the price was right.

[quote user="City1st"]"at people not actually seeing what Sky MONEY has actually done for the

standards of English football"Yep, about 90% of clubs horrendously in debt. The game in this country virtually at bankruptcy and fans made to dance to the tune of some TV company.Perhaps some see the ''English game'' as a bit more than the top half a dozen clubs in the Premiership. [/quote]Sky has runined the game for me, I''m just clinging on in futile hope of the armchair fans getting bored and going away. I imagine the people who think the game is better now than it was, have watched quite a lot of Sky, and have been brainwashed by Sky''s persistant banging on about how great everything is. I don''t watch much post-match analysis, but the BBC after the England-Slovenia game was hilarious and dishonest blatant promotion of the "product", and from what I have seen Sky ups the ante on that.The real knife in the back will be when video replays are brought in to help referees. I enjoy Sky''s balanced arguments when they broadcast on the subject, anyone would think they have some hidden agenda. Who would be "creating" these images for the referee to view? Who would choose the camera angle? The way Sky has "helped" English football is by bringing in enough money to employ a few technically superior overseas players. In my view the damage caused by the financial gap, the general disrespect to supporters who actually go to games, and the gradual sanitisation and adaptation of the rules and many other things, is not compensated adequately by seeing some arse like Drogba score a few wondergoals. You brainwashed twits!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ncfcrooferman"]no the past is not coming back but the facts never lie .....sky has destroyed football the rich get richer the rest get crumbs i know what i would rather have 3pm ko on a Saturday for everybody and a fair playing field !!!!! :D[/quote]Its just as well you''re not making a massive drama out of this lol. Jesus, if we''re not on the telly, people moan, if we are, they moan.Oh, and they are only facts in your opinion. I''m guessing you have some kind of romantic notion of old football, and am guessing that you''re advanced in years. Football in England was on its arse before Sky started pumping money in.

[/quote]It wasn''t on it''s arse, it just wasn''t widely popular. Things are not neccesarily better just because they get a lot of people to be mildly interested in it, and things are not neccesarily better if they make more money. Do you think supporters of other sports look at football and think "I wish my sport was more like that"? The moneymen maybe, and the casuals, but not many supporters.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ncfcrooferman"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ncfcrooferman"]no the past is not coming back but the facts never lie .....sky has destroyed football the rich get richer the rest get crumbs i know what i would rather have 3pm ko on a Saturday for everybody and a fair playing field !!!!! :D[/quote]Its just as well you''re not making a massive drama out of this lol. Jesus, if we''re not on the telly, people moan, if we are, they moan.Oh, and they are only facts in your opinion. I''m guessing you have some kind of romantic notion of old football, and am guessing that you''re advanced in years. Football in England was on its arse before Sky started pumping money in.

[/quote]

I am 41 been going to Carrow Rd since 1975 so not that old and yes in my honest opinion football in the late 70`s and early 80`s is light years away from the dross we call football theses day and yes that is partly down to sky flooding the game with blood money to tempt mercenary footballs from abroad to play for mega bucks leaving nothing in exchange.Football was on its ass before sky how do we work that one out ? no clubs going out of business because of reliance on tv monies we where just getting back to winning things in Europe after uefa banned us.In 1990 we had just come the closest for 24 years to winning the world cup stadiums had started to be rebuilt all this long before sky turned up !!!!!

How old are you Morty out of intrest ?[/quote]Older than you.I think you are looking back on good memories with rose tinted glasses. Seriously mate, a majority of football was tripe, and its just as well more of it wasn''t on the telly as it really wasn''t worth watching on the whole.Do you think we would have the world supertars that grace our Premier league, the fantastic stadiums and worldwide interest in the Premiership? I suspect that had the Sky money not been there, there would have been far more clubs gone to the wall before now. The game has been elevated into a global entertainment media that catches peoples interest. When I first started going to Carrow road there were crowds of 11 or 12 thousand, and maybe 15k for the derby, would you rather go back to that?[/quote]You really have been watching too much Sky. Fantastic Stadiums! Horrid, dull, out of town, life-less, soundless, shells which all look the bloody same. ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Cops and intelligence hardly go together Arthur, just look at Tilly! LOL Lappin.[/quote]

Oy you two Lappin and Arthur , stop taking the piss out of Tilly, thats my job [:)]

On a side issue why doesnt the quote button work for you Arthur? If it doesn''t for some reason there is a another way to highlight the post you''re answering or am I telling you something you already know[:)]

You really have been watching too much Sky. Fantastic Stadiums! Horrid, dull, out of town, life-less, soundless, shells which all look the bloody same. ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH

Agree with that.   

City Angel, I dont know why it doesnt work anymore. It used to, and now and again does, but hardly ever now...havent a clue why, as its bloody irritating me having to copy and psate everytime i need the quote grrrr.

Hope you are ok Diane....Tilly seems to take my comments to heart, its only a bit of lighthearted banter. The football intellignce officer who is now a big wig was the guy before Mr King, Tilly as much as I like him, sees every comment I make about police as a personal attack. Have a word with him Diane.

Fugelstad, football has changed, and will continue to change. If you don''t like it, don''t watch it.Or keep watching and whine a lot, your call.[:)]

Arthur have you recently got a new computer or Internet? If you''re using Internet Explorer have a look next to the refresh button at the top tool bar for a compatibility button, probably located to the left of the refresh.

[quote user="morty"]Or keep watching and wine a lot, your call.[/quote]Delia was crucified for doing just that! [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]Or keep watching and wine a lot, your call.[/quote]Delia was crucified for doing just that! [;)][/quote]Not by me she wasn''t.[:)]

your right football has changed. The first and biggest thing is it has become almost non contact everytime you commit to a tackle you run the risk of a yellow card (ask klose last week )its aimed at the middle and upper class no room at the inn for the working man any more :( ,the corporates side is more important than real fans so in the end no real new young fans will come to clubs like Norwich because parents can afford it and because of over exposure by sky then end up supporting plastic sides like chelsea manure and the like.

[quote user="ncfcrooferman"]your right football has changed. The first and biggest thing is it has become almost non contact everytime you commit to a tackle you run the risk of a yellow card (ask klose last week )its aimed at the middle and upper class no room at the inn for the working man any more :( ,the corporates side is more important than real fans so in the end no real new young fans will come to clubs like Norwich because parents can afford it and because of over exposure by sky then end up supporting plastic sides like chelsea manure and the like.[/quote]Wow, you''re a cheerful soul lol.[:)]

[quote user="ncfcrooferman"]your right football has changed. The first and biggest thing is it has become almost non contact everytime you commit to a tackle you run the risk of a yellow card (ask klose last week )its aimed at the middle and upper class no room at the inn for the working man any more :( ,the corporates side is more important than real fans so in the end no real new young fans will come to clubs like Norwich because parents can afford it and because of over exposure by sky then end up supporting plastic sides like chelsea manure and the like.[/quote]While I agree partly with the corporate side, surely the fact that Norwich is currently a 25,000 sell out most weeks, and we sold less than 15,000 back in the early nineties shows we are getting new fans?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

City Angel, I dont know why it doesnt work anymore. It used to, and now and again does, but hardly ever now...havent a clue why, as its bloody irritating me having to copy and psate everytime i need the quote grrrr.[/quote]

Arthur, look at the top of your screen where you see headings - File, Edit, View, Favs, Tools and then go into tools and make sure the compatibility view has a tick next to it, that should enable the quotes you''re replying to to appear in the boxes.If not pm me and I''ll help you offline.

As for Tilly don''t worry he''s old and was probably having a grouchy moment, he''s quite soft under that hard shell, well he has been at the pups meet ups, whilst we''re on the subject would be nice to see you at the next one [:)]

Back to the thread £200k will come in handy.

ok granted we do sell 25,000 every week but how many of them are young fans the next generation ?? I live in Lowestoft probably a 75% - 25% Ipswich but when you go around town or work on Schools see my kids mates very few wear local team colours its all plastic teams and that is totally due to being brainwashed by sky !!!!! ands I bet most of them have never been anywhere near a football ground in their lives the only time they see these teams play is week in week out on SKY TV

[quote user="ncfcrooferman"]ok granted we do sell 25,000 every week but how many of them are young fans the next generation ?? I live in Lowestoft probably a 75% - 25% Ipswich but when you go around town or work on Schools see my kids mates very few wear local team colours its all plastic teams and that is totally due to being brainwashed by sky !!!!! ands I bet most of them have never been anywhere near a football ground in their lives the only time they see these teams play is week in week out on SKY TV[/quote]Thanks to the club''s family friendly pricing policy theres always loads of kids at games.I personally take my two sons, so theres two for a start.[:)]

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="ncfcrooferman"]your right football has changed. The first and biggest thing is it has become almost non contact everytime you commit to a tackle you run the risk of a yellow card (ask klose last week )its aimed at the middle and upper class no room at the inn for the working man any more :( ,the corporates side is more important than real fans so in the end no real new young fans will come to clubs like Norwich because parents can afford it and because of over exposure by sky then end up supporting plastic sides like chelsea manure and the like.[/quote]

While I agree partly with the corporate side, surely the fact that Norwich is currently a 25,000 sell out most weeks, and we sold less than 15,000 back in the early nineties shows we are getting new fans?
[/quote]

[Y] Whoever brought in the ''kids for quid'',cheap priced season tickets for young ''uns etc. has made sure that CR is constantly filled nowadays.Ok it might not bring in that much money,but it helps in ensuring that we have future City fans.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Still i suppose me responding has given Arthur an opportunity to get on his anti plod horse yet again.Please excuse me but.....yawn....boring. Tilly, stop taking things personaly mate. Now and again the police are at fault, theres nothing wrong in that, everyone in any job makes mistakes. Im not having a dig at you, you seem to think its a personal thing Tilly, I like and respect you. Please mate, stop taking every comment I make about plod to heart.[/quote]Lickarse! [:D][/quote]

We all can''t be like you Lapp and like our own.Not just your own arse you can lick either is it?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Still i suppose me responding has given Arthur an opportunity to get on his anti plod horse yet again.Please excuse me but.....yawn....boring. Tilly, stop taking things personaly mate. Now and again the police are at fault, theres nothing wrong in that, everyone in any job makes mistakes. Im not having a dig at you, you seem to think its a personal thing Tilly, I like and respect you. Please mate, stop taking every comment I make about plod to heart.[/quote]Lickarse! [:D][/quote]

We all can''t be like you Lapp and like our own.Not just your own arse you can lick either is it?

[/quote]

Lick on like even.woof woof.

[quote user="morty"]Fugelstad, football has changed, and will continue to change. If you don''t like it, don''t watch it.Or keep watching and whine a lot, your call.[:)][/quote]I have more options that that thanks, and resent you giving me ultimatums! I will continue to watch the football I enjoy watching, I won''t watch the football I don''t. I want change in football. Massive, colossal, starting from scratch, kind of change, but for the better not to maximise profits. I''m not whining just fed up of being told that things are better, when for me the only changes seem to be to take the fun and character out of everything. I am not old and stuck in my ways, I am 26 and embrace change for the better, but not re-branding and sanitising. I resent being told what to think and you seem to be quoting marketing baloney as fact. Football has changed, in a few ways for the better, but it has lost a lot of what made it special. I don''t like the assumption that all change is better just because it is newer, shinier and more expensive.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Arthur have you recently got a new computer or Internet? If you''re using Internet Explorer have a look next to the refresh button at the top tool bar for a compatibility button, probably located to the left of the refresh.[/quote]

Just seeing if the compatability button worked.