Sign in to follow this  
Chewbacca

Thanks for ruining football SKY TV

Some of you really are phillistines! ''''WE GET LOADSA MONEY'''' seems to be the only thing some have to say.

What about the romance of the game? The first Saturday of the league season is always such a prominent day in the season for a supporter and the football calender in general. I feel like we''ll be missing out this year by not being part of it!

I don''t think you need to be drunk in order to sing and cheer your team on but building up to the game in the pub with plenty of pre-match pondering with your mates is a part of going to the game that I enjoy sometimes as much as the match itself! That period before the game in the pub does help to ready supporters for kick off, because no matter what kind of run we''re on you always meet and head to Carrow Road in hope if not always expectation! I find it disappointing that this element is missing from the derby games now.

[quote user="Chewbacca"]Some of you really are phillistines! ''''WE GET LOADSA MONEY'''' seems to be the only thing some have to say. What about the romance of the game? The first Saturday of the league season is always such a prominent day in the season for a supporter and the football calender in general. I feel like we''ll be missing out this year by not being part of it! I don''t think you need to be drunk in order to sing and cheer your team on but building up to the game in the pub with plenty of pre-match pondering with your mates is a part of going to the game that I enjoy sometimes as much as the match itself! That period before the game in the pub does help to ready supporters for kick off, because no matter what kind of run we''re on you always meet and head to Carrow Road in hope if not always expectation! I find it disappointing that this element is missing from the derby games now.[/quote]

We maybe are missing out, but the other 22 teams in the league are missing the real opener to the N Power Championship at Carrow Road on Friday 6th August!

[quote user="ncfcrooferman"]no the past is not coming back but the facts never lie .....sky has destroyed football the rich get richer the rest get crumbs i know what i would rather have 3pm ko on a Saturday for everybody and a fair playing field !!!!! :D[/quote]Its just as well you''re not making a massive drama out of this lol. Jesus, if we''re not on the telly, people moan, if we are, they moan.Oh, and they are only facts in your opinion. I''m guessing you have some kind of romantic notion of old football, and am guessing that you''re advanced in years. Football in England was on its arse before Sky started pumping money in.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I don''t see a problem with a 7:45 firday kick off.....or a 11:30 sunday kick off...
[/quote]

Perhaps you don''t have a 130 mile drive each way. Friday night in August from West London - I''ll leave about 3pm, then. Never mind work or family, I''ll just do what Sky tell me to, AND pay them for the privilege.

The complete shambles that is the World Cup is demonstrating how much good Sky and other sponsors have been for the game. They are a cancer that the FA. FIFA and UEFA should have the wit to reject but don''t. I find it increasingly difficult to care very much about England and the atmosphere is nothing like it was in previous tournaments so cleraly that feeling is shared by many.

[quote user="sgncfc"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I don''t see a problem with a 7:45 firday kick off.....or a 11:30 sunday kick off...[/quote]

Perhaps you don''t have a 130 mile drive each way. Friday night in August from West London - I''ll leave about 3pm, then. Never mind work or family, I''ll just do what Sky tell me to, AND pay them for the privilege.

The complete shambles that is the World Cup is demonstrating how much good Sky and other sponsors have been for the game. They are a cancer that the FA. FIFA and UEFA should have the wit to reject but don''t. I find it increasingly difficult to care very much about England and the atmosphere is nothing like it was in previous tournaments so cleraly that feeling is shared by many.

[/quote]This actually suits some people.You can''t please everyone unfortunately.

I can see the good and bad of the first game being moved. Crap that we can''t start our season on a Saturrday - but I am sure the atmosphere will be even better on a Friday night - and at least it''s not on the Sunday.

Plus last year against Colchester was just horrible sitting their on a lovely sunny day watching our boys get spanked!

Sympathise with all those who have to change work plans etc - I''m one of them.

But let''s not let this ruin our first game - get behind the team and let''s make this a season to remember!!

[quote user="Davo"]

I dont'' think we should be blaming SKY, it''s not thier fault we accepted to move the match. We should be blaming Delia fro runing our club once again and spoiling the openning day of the season for every Norwich fan in the world by moving these two games to silly o''clock.

Quick where are the pitch forks and torches.

Davo

[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ncfcrooferman"]no the past is not coming back but the facts never lie .....sky has destroyed football the rich get richer the rest get crumbs i know what i would rather have 3pm ko on a Saturday for everybody and a fair playing field !!!!! :D[/quote]Its just as well you''re not making a massive drama out of this lol. Jesus, if we''re not on the telly, people moan, if we are, they moan.Oh, and they are only facts in your opinion. I''m guessing you have some kind of romantic notion of old football, and am guessing that you''re advanced in years. Football in England was on its arse before Sky started pumping money in.

[/quote]

I am 41 been going to Carrow Rd since 1975 so not that old and yes in my honest opinion football in the late 70`s and early 80`s is light years away from the dross we call football theses day and yes that is partly down to sky flooding the game with blood money to tempt mercenary footballs from abroad to play for mega bucks leaving nothing in exchange.Football was on its ass before sky how do we work that one out ? no clubs going out of business because of reliance on tv monies we where just getting back to winning things in Europe after uefa banned us.In 1990 we had just come the closest for 24 years to winning the world cup stadiums had started to be rebuilt all this long before sky turned up !!!!!

How old are you Morty out of intrest ?

[quote user="ncfcrooferman"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ncfcrooferman"]no the past is not coming back but the facts never lie .....sky has destroyed football the rich get richer the rest get crumbs i know what i would rather have 3pm ko on a Saturday for everybody and a fair playing field !!!!! :D[/quote]Its just as well you''re not making a massive drama out of this lol. Jesus, if we''re not on the telly, people moan, if we are, they moan.Oh, and they are only facts in your opinion. I''m guessing you have some kind of romantic notion of old football, and am guessing that you''re advanced in years. Football in England was on its arse before Sky started pumping money in.

[/quote]

I am 41 been going to Carrow Rd since 1975 so not that old and yes in my honest opinion football in the late 70`s and early 80`s is light years away from the dross we call football theses day and yes that is partly down to sky flooding the game with blood money to tempt mercenary footballs from abroad to play for mega bucks leaving nothing in exchange.Football was on its ass before sky how do we work that one out ? no clubs going out of business because of reliance on tv monies we where just getting back to winning things in Europe after uefa banned us.In 1990 we had just come the closest for 24 years to winning the world cup stadiums had started to be rebuilt all this long before sky turned up !!!!!

How old are you Morty out of intrest ?[/quote]Older than you.I think you are looking back on good memories with rose tinted glasses. Seriously mate, a majority of football was tripe, and its just as well more of it wasn''t on the telly as it really wasn''t worth watching on the whole.Do you think we would have the world supertars that grace our Premier league, the fantastic stadiums and worldwide interest in the Premiership? I suspect that had the Sky money not been there, there would have been far more clubs gone to the wall before now. The game has been elevated into a global entertainment media that catches peoples interest. When I first started going to Carrow road there were crowds of 11 or 12 thousand, and maybe 15k for the derby, would you rather go back to that?

"Football in England was on its arse before Sky started pumping money in"Have you a clue what you are drivelling on about.. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder regarding anything before 2004. As said it is on it''s arse NOW ! Clubs are going bankrupt at an almost predictable rate.  The money ''pumped in'' has simply been siphoned out by various ''investors'', agaents, managers and players.What''s on offer now is all too often dire mediocrity that has driven away tens of thousands of genuine football fans whereby the clubs have had to pander to the whims of the happy clappers who are there simply for the occasion.So maybe, you might wish to break a habit of a lifetime and not post on this thread as you clearly have little idea of something that is way beyond your limited experience. During that brreak maybe you can spend sometime asking why, after all this pumped in money, are so many clubs technically bankrupt, why so many others have gone into administartion and why the national team struggles to beat countries without the supposed wondrous benefits of sky tv.

[quote user="City1st"]"Football in England was on its arse before Sky started pumping money in"Have you a clue what you are drivelling on about.. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder regarding anything before 2004. As said it is on it''s arse NOW ! Clubs are going bankrupt at an almost predictable rate.  The money ''pumped in'' has simply been siphoned out by various ''investors'', agaents, managers and players.What''s on offer now is all too often dire mediocrity that has driven away tens of thousands of genuine football fans whereby the clubs have had to pander to the whims of the happy clappers who are there simply for the occasion.So maybe, you might wish to break a habit of a lifetime and not post on this thread as you clearly have little idea of something that is way beyond your limited experience. During that brreak maybe you can spend sometime asking why, after all this pumped in money, are so many clubs technically bankrupt, why so many others have gone into administartion and why the national team struggles to beat countries without the supposed wondrous benefits of sky tv.

[/quote]Wow, you''re a bit of a cock, aren''t you?Its MY opinion, do you really think I''m bothered if you don''t like it?[:)]

If football is so bland and soulless these days I suggest some of you stay at home instead lol. Or keep going but continue to moan about how its not as good as it used to be, your call.[:)]

thats what the game of football is about different opinions and thats why we love it and argue and debate it .

world superstars ??? who ?? give me Besty,

Bobby Charlton, Stan Bowles, Frank Worthington,Kenny Dalglish over all the rubbish in the premier lge and yes i would rather stand on the terrace than the soulless clinically sterilized stadium of today.When I went to Carrow Rd with my dad as boy we had crowds of 30.000 more than today and yes i have been when we have had 12 or 13,000 but we still had passion with that few people so yes it don`t matter at the end of the day I still feel rose coloured glasses or not the football of years ago is much better than today !!!

and yes i have stopped going because its over priced and i will not pay 25 quid to watch 3rd division football but as you say thats my choice at the end of the day

[quote user="ncfcrooferman"]thats what the game of football is about different opinions and thats why we love it and argue and debate it .

world superstars ??? who ?? give me Besty,

Bobby Charlton, Stan Bowles, Frank Worthington,Kenny Dalglish over all the rubbish in the premier lge and yes i would rather stand on the terrace than the soulless clinically sterilized stadium of today.When I went to Carrow Rd with my dad as boy we had crowds of 30.000 more than today and yes i have been when we have had 12 or 13,000 but we still had passion with that few people so yes it don`t matter at the end of the day I still feel rose coloured glasses or not the football of years ago is much better than today !!![/quote]Are you sure you''re not about 61 lol?I see more atmosphere now than I did in the early 90''s to be honest, some of the games it was like a morgue, similar as it can be sometimes today. I personally think that memory can be a bit selective when thinking back that far, and you conveniently forget the dire nil-nil draws against awful teams.

For those at the game, Saturday is likely the best way to start a season, but for those of us who follow otherwise, Norwich being THE game to kick off the season is awesome. We won''t get lost in the swirl of other games, WE will be the story.

[quote user="ncfcrooferman"]and yes i have stopped going because its over priced and i will not pay 25 quid to watch 3rd division football but as you say thats my choice at the end of the day[/quote]But would start going again if we reached the Prem?[;)]

i watched all the rubbish from 1995 to 2001 didnt go much for a few years missed all but 2 premier lge games and was really disappointed at the standed of football the only really good side we saw were Arsenal went a fair bit over the next season but after watching us beat QPR 3-2 i said i cant watch this rubbish any more and have been 2 times in the last 4 seasons and both games where dire so no unless football improves greatly no i wont be going,but that don`t make me less of a fan than anybody else its just my own take on it like you take is your view ,,,,

[quote user="ncfcrooferman"]i watched all the rubbish from 1995 to 2001 didnt go much for a few years missed all but 2 premier lge games and was really disappointed at the standed of football the only really good side we saw were Arsenal went a fair bit over the next season but after watching us beat QPR 3-2 i said i cant watch this rubbish any more and have been 2 times in the last 4 seasons and both games where dire so no unless football improves greatly no i wont be going,but that don`t make me less of a fan than anybody else its just my own take on it like you take is your view ,,,,[/quote]Way I see it is you take the rough with the smooth. Although the season just gone was "3rd division" and poor quality by your standards I massively enjoyed it on the whole.

i agree proper football people who love the game with or without sky not the glory hunting prawn sand wedge brigade from the premier lge who think sky is the best thing that has ever happened. But by not going dont make me any less of a City supporter anybody who knows me will tell you I bleed yellow and green I just feel as supports tv sells us down the river and the only way to stop this is to stand up and say this is wrong .....but we all know sky owns football not the other way around and to many clubs need sky`s tv money to live which again is wrong .....

"Wow, you''re a bit of a cock, aren''t you?Its MY opinion, do you

really think I''m bothered if you don''t like it?"

Your first sentence would suggest otherwise

[quote user="City1st"]"Wow, you''re a bit of a cock, aren''t you?Its MY opinion, do you

really think I''m bothered if you don''t like it?"

Your first sentence would suggest otherwise

[/quote]Listen mate, you''re the one who jumped in with both feet asking what I''m drivelling on about, stating that I don''t have a clue, and have a chip on my shoulder about anything before 2004.If the cock hat fits.......

Ah, it''s my fault you don''t have a clue................ ps I''m not your mate either, nor am bothered about continuing a debate with some fantasist who thinks that credibility is gained by claiming to be over 41 - my shift finishes v soon and the pub garden beckons you should lighten up and maybe get out a bit more ..........

............... on second thoughts though, you are probably best where you are

Sheff utd v Sheff Wed, Cardiff v Swansea,Chelsea V Spurs, West Ham Millwall, to name to few very high risk derbys were both played at normal, or evening times, yet we always play at 11.30am, 12pm at the latest.

Nothing to do with the ex norwich football intelligence officer being a big wig now is it?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Nothing to do with the ex norwich football intelligence officer being a big wig now is it?[/quote]Cops and intelligence hardly go together Arthur, just look at Tilly! [;)]