Sign in to follow this  
Chewbacca

Thanks for ruining football SKY TV

I''ll be going to these pitifully rearanged games regardless but isn''t their something special about the first SATURDAY of the season? Instead I''ll be racing around on a Friday to make it down after work! Sky are slowly tearing the heart out of football, they have no regard for the fans who actually attend games. I remember our last home Championship game against Reading being on a Monday night!

I think we always expected the derby to be moved to Sunday, but the fact the kick off time has been brought forward by two hours to 11.30am really is pathetic.

Rant over.

I dont'' think we should be blaming SKY, it''s not thier fault we accepted to move the match. We should be blaming Delia fro runing our club once again and spoiling the openning day of the season for every Norwich fan in the world by moving these two games to silly o''clock.

Quick where are the pitch forks and torches.

Davo

The 11.30 kick-off is designed to shove us in before their Premiership game at 1pm. Fed up of having our football experience dictated by the demands of Premier League coverage. Shame the club won''t ever take a stand because they need the money too much.

Realising that the Delia remark was made tongue in cheek, the club actually have no say whatsoever as to whether or not they accept requests for Sky coverage.  A condition of the combined league television rights is that Sky (or BBC) can request for any match to be moved for TV coverage up to 14 days prior to the fixture.  I believe it''s only at less than 14 days notice that either club can refuse the request.

[quote user="Davo"]

I dont'' think we should be blaming SKY, it''s not thier fault we accepted to move the match. We should be blaming Delia fro runing our club once again and spoiling the openning day of the season for every Norwich fan in the world by moving these two games to silly o''clock.

Quick where are the pitch forks and torches.

Davo

[/quote]

For the purist, the opening game of the sesaon should be at 3pm Saturday, there is no argument you can level against that.

The rearranged game against Ipsh*t on the Sunday at 11.30am will do nothing to enhance the atmosphere and overall matchday experience for probably the most exciting fixture of the season.

Although if you only watch football from your armchair who cares?

I know it''s not perfect for everyone but an extra day off on Friday so I can travel up in goodly time is no bad thing. And although I''d prefer the derby to be at a better time, not going to say no to the extra cash the club will get...

Would the police not have moved the kick off for the derby anyway, as they have done in recent seasons?

Also, I''m sure we can console ourselves with the £100k we''ll get for the game''s being on Sky, potentially funding a loan signing at a crucial part of the season.

But, hey, if it means you have to rush home from work to make the match then, yeah, let''s all rush down to Sky HQ with our pitchforks...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I don''t see a problem with a 7:45 firday kick off.....or a 11:30 sunday kick off...
[/quote]

Fair enough with the 7.45 kick off (I''d prefer Saturday, but there you go), but do you really have no problem with the derby kicking off at 11.30 on a Sunday morning? It drains so much atmosphere out of the whole thing.

Stop moaning, do you realise the money we get from SKY!!!!

Its only one game, we always new the derby would be moved

Quit being such a moany little so and so. Think of it this why, we''re kicking off the new season. Plus, should we win...we''ll be top of the league at the very first time of asking!

[quote user="E Block Loyal"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I don''t see a problem with a 7:45 firday kick off.....or a 11:30 sunday kick off...[/quote]

Fair enough with the 7.45 kick off (I''d prefer Saturday, but there you go), but do you really have no problem with the derby kicking off at 11.30 on a Sunday morning? It drains so much atmosphere out of the whole thing.

[/quote]There''s no logical reason why it should drain the atmosphere out of it, people cheer at horse races that start at lunchtime after all.  Unless some people only cheer when they''ve had a beer or two ?

to much football on tv sky have ripped the heart out of English football dictate to everybody what they want and dont put fans first ......if we didn`t have sky putting the money in we would not have in my view a very poor premier lge made up of poor foreign imports and maybe we would have far more young English talent being brought through the youth team and reserves.Before I get shot down football was better 30 years ago when i was a kid players where better ,teams played better football and we could relate to the players in our side.I can`t remember looking forward to the cup final for weeks and England v Scotland because they were about the only live games we ever watch unless the world cup was on.I can remember the last time i watch a cup final and that is down to Sky flooding us with very poor games every night of the week !!!!! so as the title of the thread said yes sky tv has ruined football !!!!

It does mean we can be top of the league for at least a day![:)]

Lol at people not actually seeing what Sky MONEY has actually done for the standards of English football. Before they started putting mega bucks in we could only look on in envy at the Italian and Spanish leagues, and watching and English talent tempted away there.You can''t have it all roads, but feel free to hark back to Marquis of Queensberry rules football played on ploughed fields if you like.

[quote user="morty"]Lol at people not actually seeing what Sky MONEY has actually done for the standards of English football. Before they started putting mega bucks in we could only look on in envy at the Italian and Spanish leagues, and watching and English talent tempted away there.

You can''t have it all roads, but feel free to hark back to Marquis of Queensberry rules football played on ploughed fields if you like.
[/quote]Oi! Leave Lowestoft out of this.

If we draw we''ll be top of the league as well by virtue of alphabetical order.

Plus we''ll get loadsa money for the SKY games.

what has sky done to standed of English football we still have not won the world cup our top side are full of foreign players and when we looked at envy at the Spanish and Italians I do believe we won the European cup 6 times on the bounce from 77 to 82 with mainly players from these shores so back to what my view is football was better before sky put there noise in ripped the heart out of the English games with their blood money !!!!

no the past is not coming back but the facts never lie .....sky has destroyed football the rich get richer the rest get crumbs i know what i would rather have 3pm ko on a Saturday for everybody and a fair playing field !!!!! :D

Ref: Watford match, I was initially pi$$ed off about this change but having thought about if I think Carrow Road will be "rocking" for this (to quote Paul Lambert) ,on a summer''s night, and with it being the FIRST fixture anywhere in the new English season , everyone will be watching this - what a chance to make an earky statement !!

I think its fantastic that we have been chosen as the opening fixture of the whole new football season on TV. I see it as a great honour, and a way for us to hit the ground running, with a packed FCR behind the boys - it should be a splendid advertisement for our club to the whole football community (new investors included)

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="E Block Loyal"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I don''t see a problem with a 7:45 firday kick off.....or a 11:30 sunday kick off...[/quote]

[/quote]There''s no logical reason why it should drain the atmosphere out of it, people cheer at horse races that start at lunchtime after all.  Unless some people only cheer when they''ve had a beer or two ?[/quote]Yeah the only diffrence i see with Atmosphere at 11:30 on sunday morning, is peopel won''t have gone and gotten Drunk before the game.....

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Ref: Watford match, I was initially pi$$ed off about this change but having thought about if I think Carrow Road will be "rocking" for this (to quote Paul Lambert) ,on a summer''s night, and with it being the FIRST fixture anywhere in the new English season , everyone will be watching this - what a chance to make an earky statement !![/quote]

I''m brassed off.  Had a 70th planned for my old man in the Nelson.  So I can''t get to the match.  Bloody sky

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="E Block Loyal"]

[/quote]There''s no logical reason why it should drain the atmosphere out of it, people cheer at horse races that start at lunchtime after all.  Unless some people only cheer when they''ve had a beer or two ?[/quote]Yeah the only diffrence i see with Atmosphere at 11:30 on sunday morning, is peopel won''t have gone and gotten Drunk before the game.....[/quote]yes we bloody will. where theres a will theres a way!!

"at people not actually seeing what Sky MONEY has actually done for the

standards of English football"Yep, about 90% of clubs horrendously in debt. The game in this country virtually at bankruptcy and fans made to dance to the tune of some TV company.Perhaps some see the ''English game'' as a bit more than the top half a dozen clubs in the Premiership.