Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

TIME TO SHAKE IT UP!

it seems worthy is reluctant to do it but the time has come to shake up the side for tomorrow. 13 games without a win its time to say to the side youve had your chance now its the turn of some others and see if they get the win we all desperately crave. even give the youngsters like jarvis and shackell a go, southampton have done it and even they have started to pick up points. heres my team for tomorrow anyway:GREEN (or WARDHELVEGCHARLTONFLEMINGSHACKELLMCVEIGHSAFRIMULRYNEBENTLEYHUCKERBYJARVISSUBSLEWISDOHERTYMCKENZIEFRANCISJONSONi know it means wholesale changes but why not give it a go?

I have to strongly disagree with the dropping of Francis - he has consistently been our best midfielder and the only one who has looked like he could hold his own in the Prem.I agree that he still has periods during a game where he seems to fall asleep but if we want a consistant quality performance he has delivered.Other than that I can only agree that change MUST happen.OTBC

I agree, Francis is a must.

I agree with the shake up too. Nobody is indispensible and the first team choices should be aware of this. They should have the attitude that they have to earn their place.

Sorry to break up the unanimity but I dont think Francis has been fantastic this season (see Gary Holt thread).

I agree he''s had some very good games but IMO he''s also had quite a few very ordinary ones. Even in his good games he still tends to disappear for periods, and in his not so good games you sometimes have to look very hard to make sure he is still on the pitch.

Ok, this sounds a bit strange, but this is purely my opinion...

Have you ever been at work, seen your boss and thought "sh*t - I''m supposed to be working", quickly shuffled some papers and pretended to write something down?

I think there are a few players that LOOK like they''re doing ok - Edworthy, Francis, McKenzie and Bentley to name a few - but really aren''t doing an awful lot.

I think Francis has been guilty of shuffling a few bits of paper and pretending to write something this season, whilst letting Gary Holt charge around like a lunatic trying to stop three midfielders.

I agree with you to some extents bananaman however unlike Eddie holt or mackenzie we have seen a substantial amount of premier ability in damos performances and I have no doubt he has been our best midfielder so far this season.

I posted elsewhere that, like last season, Damo does continue to suffer micro naps during the middle of the game; however he has improved and they are becoming rarer. He does need to perform at 100% for the full game rather than 75% but I think that is only a matter of time when he realises just how far he could go with full application. Holts committment in Damo should be awesome.

Damo and Mullers are very similar players in many way. Both have talent but both rarely show it consistently. What puts Damo ahead of Mullers is that Mullers may give us a full game in three but nothing fo rthe other two we usually get at least 3/4 of every game out of Damo and that proportion is improving.

At the end of the day Holt is supposed to be the midfield destructor while Damos brief is a supporting role in that task with a greater proportion supporting the attacks - unfortunately his shooting needs to improve to make that next level.

OTBC

[quote]I agree with you to some extents bananaman however unlike Eddie holt or mackenzie we have seen a substantial amount of premier ability in damos performances and I have no doubt he has been our best mi...[/quote]

I''m sorry ZLF but I''ve got to pull you up on your 3rd paragraph.  Damo and Mullers similar players???  I don''t think I''ve seen two different types of midfielders!  Damo''s qualities are that he battles, gets stuck in and will take players on.  Mullers qualities are that he can make a good damn good pass and hit a decent free kick.  He''s not the kind of player you want against a Lampard or a Keane (Ok, I wouldn''t want any of our players to go up against Keane but you know what I mean!)  He can be a good play maker Mullers, but I''ve never seen him make a deentt run or a crunching tackle

I did mean more in their approach to the game - clearly Damo has a far better engine and is physically imposing and does not possess the ball playing ability that Mullers does have.OTBC