Sign in to follow this  
kc canary

Now seriously Worrying about Spillane Leaving

Will be announced in the next couple of days. Signing for a London Club. Told today at the RNS from someone who should know.

[quote user="City penguin"]if all these rumors are to be true they must have some money. We have no need to sell especially such a good prospect as spillane.[/quote]Money... London club... must be off to Chelsea then?  If he''s half as good as some people on here say he is then he must be.

I would be disappointed if we got less than £2million. He came through the Academy you know......[;)]

I would be a bit disappointed with this and think it might be a mistake in the long run but not the end of the world and leads me to believe that Lambert probably does have a new right back in mind. In Lambo we trust!

I think Spillane has a lot of potential and had he not had that injury last season would have become firmly established at right back but i guess he''s been with us a long time now and not quite managed to pin a regular spot in the team down.

I hope we put in a decent sell on clause though as it would not surprise me if he were to move on for some decent money in a couple of years time if he gets a couple of good seasons under his belt.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I would be disappointed if we got less than £2million. He came through the Academy you know......[;)]

[/quote]

How about just for once instead of taking the Micky Spillane you take people seriously?

Oh no wait, if they arent part of the golden oldies pinkun member club then their opinions dont matter [:|]

If people think that Spillane is better than Martin then so be it. Its their opinion.

[quote user="shiplee15"][quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"] Do you honestly believe Spillane must be better than Martin because he is from the youth system?

[/quote]

At no point did i say this was the case! His performances last year were so much better than Martin''s. Martin looked so insecure on the ball and the amount of poor balls in correlation to his good ones was poor! Spillane looked much more confident and when he was on the ball i didnt worry as much as when Martin had it[/quote]You mean the 4 performances (he didnt look good against Colwho at home or exeter/brentford away!) compared to Martins 25 (minus Orient away)???? Seriously???I really like Spillane and the 2 performances against Orient and Bristol rovers were good solid performances, but are we sure the 4-0 and 5-1 scorelines plus his fantastic goal arent clouding judgement. Simply cant say he should be out no 1 RB in the champ on 2 performances, and certainly cant say he was so much better than a man that played 26 games and hardly put a foot wrong. In fact moments i remember from R.Martins season are having to cover for CBs mistakes (mentioning no names)