Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

Squad so far.....

With the players numbers being published today and seeing the gaps I fancied looking at who or what we need to fill the gaps in so I am looking at the squad as it is today and where we need to add. I have also worked this all on the basis that we will play the diamond

GK - _________, Rudd, Steer

LB - Drury, Smith, Wiggins, Habergam

RB - Martin, Spillane, Francomb, __________

CB - Jens, Ward, Whitbread, Nelson, Stephens

DM - Crofts - Gill - Tudor Jones

LM - Surman, Lappin, Mcnamee?

RM - Smith, Hughes, Adeyemi, Dawkin?

AM - Hoolahan - Fox

Target Man - Holt  _________

Striker - Martin, __________, Cody, Johnson, Daley

Basically I think (and has been said by others plenty of times) we need a 1st team GK, 1st team RB, Reserve Target man and 1st/res Striker

If Lamberts thoughts are to play 442 then he has a few wide men that he will need in soon.

I can also see Gill staying as back up to Crofts with Tudor Jones saying bye bye. Can''t see Wiggins being here all season and would expect a couple (Adeyemi, Cody etc) leaving on loans

That looks a fair squad - in both quality and ability. Maybe  two or three of the youths will not figure.I suggest Lambert may well hold fire now until the loan window opens in September and see who is available and where we might need strenghthening. We should have played a half a dozen games or more so it will be the time to add to the squad if needed rather than just filling it up now.Not sure if Cody is just treading water at the moment. Johnson needs to be playing regurlarly - a month or two loan would help. Wiggins did ok at B''mouth, he''s played in the championship with Palace so should be able to return. There is an extra imperative to starting well. Many clubs will be running a far smaller squad than previous which would suggest they could struggle to put out a ''full'' team further on in the season when injuries and suspensions hit. So hit the front as soon as possible and then it''s just a matter of doing no more than anyone else and up we go !

I think we still need goalkeeper, right wing, striker.

If Spillane goes we need another right back.