Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

So who should we expect in now?

Now that Russell and Spilane have both left then who do expect Lambert will bring in. The stand-out positions are obviously a keeper, right-back and striker but I think we should look to bring in a winger and another defensive mid to replace Rusty although I expect Lambert will use Crofts and Gill (who I think PL rates highly) in this position.

My signings wishlist would be:

Keeper - Forster, Basso or Kingson

RB - D Wright or Butterfield

DFM - Shittu

STR - Ebanks-Blake, Jackson, Lita or Scotland

True. I for one would love any of the strikers you mentioned. [:)]I also expect 4 players (at least), each from the positions you mentioned. [Y]This really does look like it could be a cracking season. [:)]

why do people keep bringing Ebanks-Blake up he would cost at least 3 million and doubt wolves would wanna let him go

[quote user="knockout nick"]why do people keep bringing Ebanks-Blake up he would cost at least 3 million and doubt wolves would wanna let him go[/quote]People thought similar things about Surman though. [Y]

[quote user="knockout nick"]why do people keep bringing Ebanks-Blake up he would cost at least 3 million and doubt wolves would wanna let him go[/quote]Loan deal maybe

I''ve just been looking though the free transfers list - and IF we dont get FF back (thats IF!) I''d have Carlo Nash between the sticks for a season to see if Rudd matures. 36 I know but he''ll do...even Jamie Ashdown is on there (yes i know he let in 4 for us on loan once - but he played a blinder against cardiff at home if I remember correctly).

http://www.givemefootball.com/pfa-transfer-list?class=Free+Transfer&name=FullName&page=20

[quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]Yeah but he hasn''t exactly set the Premier League alive has he?[/quote]

neither did andrew surman but people are raving about him!!!!

[quote user="Wallerboi"]

[quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]Yeah but he hasn''t exactly set the Premier League alive has he?[/quote]

neither did andrew surman but people are raving about him!!!!

[/quote]

Neither really were given a chance TBF.

Don''t write Ebanks-Blake off based on last year. He had an injury hit start to the season, when he came back Wolves had changed their formation to a 4-5-1 with Doyle up top on his own so he didn''t get much of a chance.

He won the Golden Boot and Goal of the Season in the season of our relegation and would be a massive signing for us. I would love to have him here but you would assume he''s out of our reach.

[quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]

Now that Russell and Spilane have both left then who do expect Lambert will bring in. The stand-out positions are obviously a keeper, right-back and striker but I think we should look to bring in a winger and another defensive mid to replace Rusty although I expect Lambert will use Crofts and Gill (who I think PL rates highly) in this position.

DFM - Shittu

[/quote]

Isn''t Shittu a centre back?

I think we are pretty much covered in midfield anyway.

[quote user="Boyo"][quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]

DFM - Shittu

[/quote]

Isn''t Shittu a centre back?

I think we are pretty much covered in midfield anyway.

[/quote]Yep defo a CB...he would be a great signing the bloke is a man mountain

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Don''t write Ebanks-Blake off based on last year. He had an injury hit start to the season, when he came back Wolves had changed their formation to a 4-5-1 with Doyle up top on his own so he didn''t get much of a chance. He won the Golden Boot and Goal of the Season in the season of our relegation and would be a massive signing for us. I would love to have him here but you would assume he''s out of our reach.[/quote]spot on, on both counts

Shittu is a centre back, and Kingson is truly awful, very unreliable keeper over a few games let alone a season. Finnan or Butterfield are good shouts at right back but they don''t strike me as Paul Lambert style players. Any of those strikers would be good but we need another strong striker, in the Holt mould, the only one I could come up with was Dickinson who just joined Barnsley. Any suggestions other than Scotland?