Sign in to follow this  
Lineo

Tudur Jones

Allocated squad number 30 for this season (Korey Smith has taken McVeigh''s 18)Does this mean he is in Lambert''s plans?

More like the opposite.Just because he''s given a squad number doesn''t mean he''s staying (see Spillane). If anything it means he''s unlikely to stay now he''s moved from number 7 to number 30.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]More like the opposite.

Just because he''s given a squad number doesn''t mean he''s staying (see Spillane). If anything it means he''s unlikely to stay now he''s moved from number 7 to number 30.
[/quote]

(Y)

Did he not just get 7 as that was one of the shirt numbers that was left when he joined, ie vacated by Croft.

From memory he joined after the Squad Numbers were allocated, therefore he would have taken one that he wanted?

Maybe he likes 30????

It''s beyond reasonable doubt that Wiggins is off at some point- he''s been changed to 34.

Spillane is pretty much set to leave, he has been re-allocated to 32. I''d expect Habergham and Stephens to hit the loan trail this season, they''re in the deep 30''s.

With the exception of Askou- who hasn''t changed his number- I''d expect the players with a ''3-'' number to leave or get loaned out, including Tudur-Jones. Might just be me though, I mean, Matt Gill is still at #4 [:P]

Get the point Mason, but on that basis (ie Askou has chosen) then surely the same could be said for Tudor Jones.

Lets not forget that he was injured for most of last season and when he was fit our Midfield was all but impossible to get into and even the bench was strong.

I may be wrong of course but now that we know Russell has gone, we''re not left with much height in midfield and he does give us something different to the others.

Agree with Habergham and Stephens, and even Dawkin and Francomb, expect they will all get some game time on loan along with the young keepers.

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]Get the point Mason, but on that basis (ie Askou has chosen) then surely the same could be said for Tudor Jones. Lets not forget that he was injured for most of last season and when he was fit our Midfield was all but impossible to get into and even the bench was strong. I may be wrong of course but now that we know Russell has gone, we''re not left with much height in midfield and he does give us something different to the others. Agree with Habergham and Stephens, and even Dawkin and Francomb, expect they will all get some game time on loan along with the young keepers.[/quote]

Yeah I agree, he may well have chosen. Personally, if I was a player I would request to have #47 even if something more appropriate was available. Who knows, he could become Russell''s replacement in the diamond or could transfer out tomorrow, squad numbers these days have less significance than they have had in the past so anything we draw from the new numbers can''t be certain.

Personally I don''t think any of us on here have seen enough of him to know whether Lambert thinks he can do a job or not, Lambert saw him day after day on the training pitch and maybe fitness was the issue, not talent.

Seemingly he had a good loan spell at Yeovil where they were impressed with him so he must have something about him

Blooming hard trying to second guess what PL is doing, Spillane came completely from left-field so I for one have given up guessing!!!

TJ scored a good free kick v Brentford but I dont think he''s proved himself yet, with injuries etc.  I''d like to think Lambert will give him the pre-season to decide whether he stays or goes

Surely that''s logic (not accepted on here of course) and completely agree as per my previous post.

If he gets a look in and is hopeless after a full pre-season then I''m sure we will see PL offload him asap but until that point I have an open mind on this one!