Sign in to follow this  
Muffles

Young uns at the match

Hi all - scouring for opinion here.

Denko Jr was born in May, membership already applied for, and I''m looking at attending a few friendlies and matches with him and Mrs Denko.

Does anyone know what the ruling or policy on taking little uns to Carrow Road is?

He''ll be two to three months and won''t need a seat, most likely taken in a papoose or similar.

Any experiences etc would be welcomed - I thank you all muchly.

Are you being serious? 2 or 3 months old is no age for a child to be at a football match. Friendly or not.

I remember going to a match once and seeing a bloke with a baby. He spent the whole 90 minutes in the bar area with the child screaming. Too many people and too loud, the poor little sod will be terrified.

My boy was 4 when I first took him, he still hated it. He is nearly 8 now and well up for a few matches.

My advice would be no. But its your call.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Are you being serious? 2 or 3 months old is no age for a child to be at a football match. Friendly or not.

I remember going to a match once and seeing a bloke with a baby. He spent the whole 90 minutes in the bar area with the child screaming. Too many people and too loud, the poor little sod will be terrified.

My boy was 4 when I first took him, he still hated it. He is nearly 8 now and well up for a few matches.

My advice would be no. But its your call.[/quote]Agree with that. My lad didn''t start really enjoying the matches till about 7 or 8.

I assume this is so you can see a few matches without having to worry about babysitter etc? instead of whether your 3 month baby who can hardly process information will enjoy the match [:P]

A couple near me in the upper barclay block B last season often bought two of theirs (twins) along, around the same ages as yours, they were never any trouble... seemed to have been okay for them too as they did took them too several games.

The girl behind me has been coming with her mum and dad since she was a few weeks old. Pretty sure she''ll be 6 this summer. Ok, occasionally either one had to go and change nappies but generally she slept most of the time. Don''t really remember her creating at all, certainly nothing out of the ordinary. In fact, she tended to sleep through goal celebrations.You know your baby better than we do.NB I sit in Barclay Lower

Do you really want to pay for a ticket for your baby who will just sleep?

[quote user="Boyo"]Do you really want to pay for a ticket for your baby who will just sleep?[/quote]He won''t need to pay for a ticket lol.I think the main point here is the noise, so a sleeping baby is unlikely.

While most of you are slating the OP about taking a baby to a game...he may not be able to get a baby sitter...they may want a day out as a family and catch a match in between going shopping then a meal...who knows.....personally i wouldnt take an infant to a game as  unless he/she is asleep you wont get to see much of the game + if the baby cries all game im sure all around would be quite pissed off after a while...but its up to you[Y]

CTID I am not slating the original poster its his call. I personally wouldnt as I dont think its very fair on the baby. If they sleep the full 90 no problem. However if they wake with the noise and become frightened/disorientated then it isn''t nice for the baby.

If the people want a family day out then pick something else to do. There will be plenty of time for the OP to enjoy days out at the footy with his boy/girl. My sons become absolutely football mad almost overnight so well looking forward to seeing a few matches.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]CTID I am not slating the original poster its his call. I personally wouldnt as I dont think its very fair on the baby. If they sleep the full 90 no problem. However if they wake with the noise and become frightened/disorientated then it isn''t nice for the baby. If the people want a family day out then pick something else to do. There will be plenty of time for the OP to enjoy days out at the footy with his boy/girl. My sons become absolutely football mad almost overnight so well looking forward to seeing a few matches.[/quote]Fair comment [Y] as i have said nor would i take an infant...but its his call[Y]  J

[quote user="I am a Banana"]2 or 3 months is pathetic, i started going at 8. Wait until he has an interest in footy![/quote]Only started going recently then yeah? [Y]

[quote user="Adam NCFC"][quote user="I am a Banana"]2 or 3 months is pathetic, i started going at 8. Wait until he has an interest in footy![/quote]

Only started going recently then yeah? [Y]
[/quote]lol...i nearly posted that then though...nah

[quote user="DENKO"]Hi all - scouring for opinion here. Denko Jr was born in May, membership already applied for, and I''m looking at attending a few friendlies and matches with him and Mrs Denko. Does anyone know what the ruling or policy on taking little uns to Carrow Road is? He''ll be two to three months and won''t need a seat, most likely taken in a papoose or similar. Any experiences etc would be welcomed - I thank you all muchly.[/quote]

I`ve seen very tiny ones in there, a little Ginger one not so long ago in the front of the Barclay, his dad tossed him in the air and caught him everytime we scored.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="DENKO"]Hi all - scouring for opinion here. Denko Jr was born in May, membership already applied for, and I''m looking at attending a few friendlies and matches with him and Mrs Denko. Does anyone know what the ruling or policy on taking little uns to Carrow Road is? He''ll be two to three months and won''t need a seat, most likely taken in a papoose or similar. Any experiences etc would be welcomed - I thank you all muchly.[/quote]

I`ve seen very tiny ones in there, a little Ginger one not so long ago in the front of the Barclay, his dad tossed him in the air and caught him everytime we scored.

[/quote]With the kid being ginger you have to wonder if the father ever thought to himself "I could accidentally not catch this child" when the next goal flew in. [:D]

Seen a young mom with her baby in the lower Barclay last season on severell matches, baby was about the same age as yours, Go for it mate, they are never to young to attend, Good luck   

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[/quote]

With the kid being ginger you have to wonder if the father ever thought to himself "I could accidentally not catch this child" when the next goal flew in. [:D]
[/quote]

I  was worried he was going to throw him to the keeper for a goal kick!

Hi Denko, you do as you see fit - whatever you do will sadly be judged by those who have simply nothing better to do than moan about kids attending matches. Some people just don''t seem to like kids very much anywhere in public do they?

My grand daughter went to her first match before the age of one and lasted for the first half before getting fed up (was in the winter and cold, and in the South Stand!) and she will be going again several times in the forthcoming season - a friendly match would be a great start, shame about the reserve games really, they used to be staple fodder for my kids who loved them. Another great introduction is to take your Denko jnr up to Colney to watch training in a few years time - that will really bond him with the players as he can get autographs and have photos taken!±

My son was five when he first went to a game and was hooked from day one, he would have gone along sooner but we lived abroad so wasn''t really feasible.

There are plenty things worse than taking your kids to football. Hope you both enjoy the experience and we have another canary fan to add to the clan!

I look my daughter to her first match when she was around three months old. It was Sheffield United at home in Feb 1999.  I carried her in a baby sling, she hated it, she wet herself as her nappy leaked, she wet me and I stunk of pish all day. It was way too early for her but worth the experiment. Maybe your young ''un will be different.

She started going regularly at 5 1/2 years old and has not looked back since then.

Good luck – you’ll need it!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Boyo"]Do you really want to pay for a ticket for your baby who will just sleep?[/quote]

He won''t need to pay for a ticket lol.

I think the main point here is the noise, so a sleeping baby is unlikely.
[/quote]Earmuffs?[Y]

A football match in an enclosed area will peak at around 150db... if you''re happy for your new born baby to be effected by that then........... well it''s not for me to judge.

[quote user="thirdlion"]The only baby I''ve ever seen at a football match was asleep. It was in the N&P. Which explains it.
[/quote]

I suppose everyone else was too !

[quote user="I am a Banana"]2 or 3 months is pathetic, i started going at 8. Wait until he has an interest in footy![/quote]

You''ve only been going for a year then nana?

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Boyo"]Do you really want to pay for a ticket for your baby who will just sleep?[/quote]

He won''t need to pay for a ticket lol.

I think the main point here is the noise, so a sleeping baby is unlikely.
[/quote]Earmuffs?[Y][/quote]

Brendo.  I know youre young mate but quick fact of life.  Babys dont like Earmuffs.  Almost as bad as the noise.  And the in-the-ear plugs are a COMPLETE no-no....