Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

It's official...

He was brilliant for us last season. His work in Lambert''s diamond went along way to helping us win the league....but screw him. Seriously, if he doesn''t want to play for us anymore or is holding us to ransom over a bigger pay day, then get him on his bike. The club is bigger than any one player. If anything, I don''t think his temperment would do us any favours in a play-off push this coming season. Thanks, but we''ve got some really good players in anyway, so he''s hardly much of a loss.  I bet he winds up at chuffin'' Leeds as well now :(

Not going to lose any sleep over this. He did pretty well in League One, but once he started to think he could pass the ball around as well as break up play he looked very ordinary.

Disappointed plus also suprised that hes gone, outstanding last year IMO and a massive factor in the success of the diamond formation. Lets hope the new boys eg. Crofts & Fox are capable in that poistion because Gill and Tudur-Jones are not good enough thats for sure

Good luck Darel and thanks for last season, I would wish u good luck but fear you may end up playing for that Northern scum so hope it all ends in tears if thats the case ;0)

Cheers for the years Rusty but if you think you can do better else where then away you go.  Can''t help but feel he''s making a mistake but there''s no point of hanging onto someone who wants out.  Now let''s concentrate on our players. OTBC!!

Indifferent about this really. Would have quite liked to keep him as he''s a half decent, experienced champ midfielder but is certainly not a player who is irreplaceable and i don''t think his passing is up to scratch if we are going to play the way i think we will.

He will make a good free signing for someone but not a devstating loss for us. My money is on Leeds or maybe Millwall as he would probably favour a move back to London.

Is Rusty perhaps one of the last (if not the last) of the players who were on the previous board''s slightly generous contracts? I should imagine a lot of it was to do with him being asked to fit in with the new wage structure, and not wanting to!Would be funny if history repeated itself and we went up and the club he joins didn''t!

I have mixed feelings, if he signs for another club (- he might come back if he can''t find anything on his terms, as Doc did a year or two back.)

He is committed, sometimes rashly, and is fit and athletic. I just wonder if he has the skills to cope with the holding role in the Championship.

So part of me says, "shame" while another says, "In the new division, have we really lost a great skill?"

if our aim is to move forward ,i think the is much better mid-field players in the championship.

he was a bit hot headed and lost us games last time we were in this division .

good luck anyway rusty.

All I can say is good ridance!  Not because of his footballing ability but due to his attitude.  He didn''t want to stay last season and didn''t this season.  If he thinks he has got a better chance at someone like Leeds then fool him!  I think that in the Championship he wouldn''t have been good enough for the way we are going anyway.  For the holding role he wouldn''t be disciplined enough and dosn''t have the quality on the ball.

His heart was never here so cheerio! 

Feel the same as most people on this thread.Wish him all the best,but not going to lose any sleep about him leaving.

err, didn''t he join us and we got relegated, stayed and we got promoted ?

He left us for Stoke the season we were promoted the the PL, then when we re-signed him Stoke were promoted that season.

[quote user="Superflash"]He was brilliant for us last season. His work in Lambert''s diamond went along way to helping us win the league.

...but screw him. Seriously, if he doesn''t want to play for us anymore or is holding us to ransom over a bigger pay day, then get him on his bike. The club is bigger than any one player. If anything, I don''t think his temperment would do us any favours in a play-off push this coming season. Thanks, but we''ve got some really good players in anyway, so he''s hardly much of a loss. 

I bet he winds up at chuffin'' Leeds as well now :(
[/quote]

Spot on.

Why keep someone who doesn''t want to play for you?