Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

sort it out Newcastle .

just read this , i hardly think its city going to them with a begging bowl .

more to the point we do not wished to be messed about ,and need to sort out a keeper for the new season .

i know he is a good keeper ,but i don''t think he is the bee all and end all .......................................................

Paul Lambert says time is running out in his quest to sign Fraser Forster on loan, but hris Hughton will not be pushed into making a decision until he is happy with the outcome.

And we believe Hughton is doing right.

We are concerned about Newcastle United ... not Norwich City and their begging bowl.

Paul Lambert: "I can''t leave it much longer. I''ve been on the phone with Chris Hughton virtually since the season ended.

"You''ve got to try to keep your options open and you can''t just concentrate on one thing because he''s not our player.

"I''ve spoken to Chris umpteen times on the phone and it''s not as easy as some people think, that''s for sure. We just have to wait and see.

"There is no doubt Fraser is going to be a huge goalkeeper and we can''t do anything if other teams come in for him.

"There are loads of factors to it. It''s not just as easy to say we''re going to get him and people surmise he must be coming back to Norwich.

"There are a million things that can go wrong - and basically he''s Newcastle''s player."

To be honest we all knew this scenario was very possible and it was important that Lambert had a plan B in case the move fell through. I am sure he does. He isn''t the kind of manager to leave this sort of thing to chance. Plus if we did have to start the season with Rudd in goal it would''nt be the end of the world. Alex Smithies is a similiar sort of age and has done very well for Huddersfield. So why cant Rudd? Who has been accomplished whenever he has played for us. Admittedly he does not have the same prescene and assuredness of Forster but hopefully these will come with time and experience. Arguably his distribution (in particular kicking) is already far superior to Forster.

[quote user="singing canary"]just read this , i hardly think its city going to them with a begging bowl . more to the point we do not wished to be messed about ,and need to sort out a keeper for the new season . i know he is a good keeper ,but i don''t think he is the bee all and end all ....................................................... Paul Lambert says time is running out in his quest to sign Fraser Forster on loan, but hris Hughton will not be pushed into making a decision until he is happy with the outcome. And we believe Hughton is doing right. We are concerned about Newcastle United ... not Norwich City and their begging bowl. Paul Lambert: "I can''t leave it much longer. I''ve been on the phone with Chris Hughton virtually since the season ended. "You''ve got to try to keep your options open and you can''t just concentrate on one thing because he''s not our player. "I''ve spoken to Chris umpteen times on the phone and it''s not as easy as some people think, that''s for sure. We just have to wait and see. "There is no doubt Fraser is going to be a huge goalkeeper and we can''t do anything if other teams come in for him. "There are loads of factors to it. It''s not just as easy to say we''re going to get him and people surmise he must be coming back to Norwich. "There are a million things that can go wrong - and basically he''s Newcastle''s player."[/quote]

Is this a quote? If so, where is it from?