Sign in to follow this  
Kolin Kob

out of contract players

A few suggestions of currently out-of-contract players who Norwich might consider signing... Most are quite laughable I know, but I''d be interested to see your responses!Personally, out of this lot, I''d like to see Harewood, Finnan and Forster sign.FORWARD:Darius VassellJan Vennegoor of HesselinkBenjaniClinton MorrisonMarlon HarewoodJeremie AliadiereGOALIE:Jamie AshdownRichard KingsonFraser ForsterCarlo NashNicky WeaverRIGHT-BACK:Steve FinnanUm, someone else... Not many right backs out there. There''s a chap called Spillane I''ve always liked...

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]A few suggestions of currently out-of-contract players who Norwich might consider signing... Most are quite laughable I know, but I''d be interested to see your responses!Personally, out of this lot, I''d like to see Harewood, Finnan and Forster sign.FORWARD:Darius Vassell strange suggestion I know, but he is out of contract. Think he''s said he wants to stay in Turkey thoughJan Vennegoor of Hesselink well, why not? He was in talks with Bristol City this time last yearBenjani well, its not going to happen! But it would be nice!! I think I;m daydreaming of a Huckerby and Crouch moment.Clinton Morrison could do a job, but wouldnt excite meMarlon Harewood I really would like this to happen, but of course it won''tJeremie Aliadiere this is more likely, but I think he''s the French Franny JeffersGOALIE:Jamie Ashdown he could do a job I thinkRichard Kingson funny I mentioned him, given tonight''s WC game!Fraser Forster oh yeah, he''s not out of contract.Carlo Nash if we end up giving Steer and Rudd a chance because we don''t get Forster, we could do with a very experienced stopper on hand too, even if it''s not someone who''ll necessarily be a starterNicky Weaver ditto Carlo NashRIGHT-BACK:Steve Finnan I would love this to happen, and I don''t think it''s outside the realms of possibilityUm, someone else... Not many right backs out there. There''s a chap called Spillane I''ve always liked...[/quote]I was just thinking how we need an experienced player or two to come in and these are all ones that have been round the block a bit, and so might fulfil that purpose.They''re not all meant as serious suggestions, but they are all out of contract, so worth a mention!

Finnan''s a cracking shout.

Not sure he''d drop a divison, or we have the funds to take him, but he''d surly make that RB spot his own.

I think Finnan could be a great, great buy. He''s 34 and I can''t see him signing for a Premiership team at his age. We need some experience in the back line.

Get real, nearly all of these players would want over £10k a week and the majority are past it. We wont be signing any of them.

[quote user="Larry David"]Get real, nearly all of these players would want over £10k a week and the majority are past it. We wont be signing any of them.[/quote]if we can''t afford a few players over 10K a week we cannot actually compete higher than League 1.....

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Larry David"]Get real, nearly all of these players would want over £10k a week and the majority are past it. We wont be signing any of them.[/quote]if we can''t afford a few players over 10K a week we cannot actually compete higher than League 1.....[/quote]That is utter b0llocks and the kind of attitude that''s got the club £25m in the red.

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Larry David"]Get real, nearly all of these players would want over £10k a week and the majority are past it. We wont be signing any of them.[/quote]if we can''t afford a few players over 10K a week we cannot actually compete higher than League 1.....[/quote]That is utter b0llocks and the kind of attitude that''s got the club £25m in the red.[/quote]Well go look at other clubs...even our club, was Huckerby on less than 10k? Green? (he may have been), Crouch? Do you really think that we can progress much on lower league players? Some of them are good enough, but most arn''t thats why they play in the lower leagues for less....

And again, how do you know how much anyone is being paid, have you gone to Hoolahan and asked him? he could be on 20k a week for all we know

Our financial situation isn''t too bad in the main. Despite taking a few calculated risks in the past. I remember when the ITV DIgital thing broke, we were the only team (along with Nottingham Forest) in the First Division that wasn''t pushed into administration or had the threat of administration hanging over them.Prudence (by general footballing standards) has been our watchword. It is wrong to claim we have suffered due to financial imprudence in the past. The only imprudence we have shown has been in signing awful players. But few of these have broken the bank.You are right, we are very unlikely to sign any of these players. But I don''t think it''s as unlikely as you might suggest. Fraser Forster is arguably as much of a pipe dream as any of them.Also, I only posted players I know of through the Championship and Premiership! There are probably lots of other great buys out there but:1) we need experienced higher division players2) I don''t know who any of them are! Not going to suggest people I''ve never heard of.