Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Watford at home - "Malky" Mackay

I can’t wait for this game and obviously I hope we win and win convincingly - at the same time it will be great to have Malky back at Carrow Rd and I hope somewhere in the 90 mins we can fit in a couple of rounds of – He scored against the scum then scored another woooo Malky etc etc......

A proper Norwich Legend!!

No doubt about it, a true legend who will forever be loved by the fans, I for one will give that song some welly.

Although depends on what the score is of course, so i suspect he might get one at the start of the game just in case!!

Completely, a Canary hero of mine so as long as we''re a couple of goals up towards the end I think it''s only fitting we give him his chant, still gutted we never got to say a proper goodbye.

[quote user="Mushroom"]Completely, a Canary hero of mine so as long as we''re a couple of goals up towards the end I think it''s only fitting we give him his chant, still gutted we never got to say a proper goodbye.[/quote]

One of the true gentlemen of football as well.  I once had to ''chaperone'' Malky at an Open Day where he was meant to be doing a half hour signing session - two hours later he was still happy to be chatting to fans and in no hurry to get away.  Deserves a warm welcome on his return.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="Mushroom"]Completely, a Canary hero of mine so as long as we''re a couple of goals up towards the end I think it''s only fitting we give him his chant, still gutted we never got to say a proper goodbye.[/quote]

One of the true gentlemen of football as well.  I once had to ''chaperone'' Malky at an Open Day where he was meant to be doing a half hour signing session - two hours later he was still happy to be chatting to fans and in no hurry to get away.  Deserves a warm welcome on his return.

[/quote]I remember Iwan being like that too. Was 2002 and I think.

it would be good to give malky a good reception as he was a hero down at carrow road and could hav had a job for us in tje premier league.

I don''t think there is a city fan who has a bad word to say about Malky, he was truly one of our more humble and well loved ex players and will undoubtedly receive a very warm welcome, and richly deserved it will be.

Like you, Lord Horn I remember chatting to him for ages at one forum in the past. Great guy.

here we go again!!! Why do we worship players coming back? If we get beat everybody will be up in arms!!! I remember a couple of years ago, first game of season at Coventry everybody went mad for McKenzie cheering him, he came on and scored and it all turned sour!!!!

And just for the record, I do think Malky was a legend, but he''s gone and we have moved on!!!!

Malky is different. He truly is a club legend. Leon McKenzie a club legend?! erm no! All i remember him doing was scoring twice against Scum, against Man Utd and running around a lot. Malky scored more than twice against Scum and he never got the chance to score against Utd, but i firmly belive he would have scored twice! [:p]

[quote user="baldyboy"]here we go again!!! Why do we worship players coming back? If we get beat everybody will be up in arms!!! I remember a couple of years ago, first game of season at Coventry everybody went mad for McKenzie cheering him, he came on and scored and it all turned sour!!!![/quote]So you''re suggesting we don''t give the guy any recognition at all? This is a Norwich legend, whom we never got to say a real goodbye to, returning to Carrow Road for the first time. He contributed immensely to our greatest season in modern history and yet you seem confused why our fans want to give him a cheer? I think he deserves a Huckerby-esque goodbye, which i know won''t happen what with him managing the opposition but still, the bloke still deserves an enourmous amount of respect and admiration from our fans on his return.

I will give him a clap for sure but thats it. to sing a song for the opposition? thats bizarre irrespective of what he achieved at City!

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]2nd that [Y] absolute Legend...still hope we thrash his team tho[;)]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]2nd that [Y] absolute Legend...still hope we thrash his team tho[;)][/quote]

Obviously. [:D]

There aren''t many ex City players you would call a ''legend'' but Malky is defiantly one of them – I’m sure you can give us a couple of notes Baldyboy!!!

will give malky a good reception if im at the game, I keep an eye on Watfords results because i''d like to see malky do well for them.. not against us though!

"Why do we worship players coming back?"We don''t !However certain players through their contribution and off the park attitude are worthy of respect. I''m proud and delighted to be part of a fanbase that can rise above petty rivalry and enjoyment at the misfortunes of others .............. that will start as soon as the whistle blows. Malky will know that, as do we.Until then why not join in the fraternal brotherhood of football ... err man ?