Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Dumpling

News about NCISA

[quote user="Gazza"]

Being "another" commitee member I would echo the thoughts and above posts by CUSDP and the Butler.

We as a commitee certainly want whats best for the club & it supporters and a are always available to listen fully to others opinions whatever they may be.

The more members that NCISA has obviously give us a louder voice and perhaps these so called "knockers" that have posted on WOTB should voice their concerns directly to us, I look forward to your feedback!  

[/quote]I would be interested in joining however, I have some reservations about joining what seems a bit of a closed shop?Can you give me some examples of where you''ve used your presence to influence the football club? I''ve been a season ticket holder for years but I don''t ever recall hearing of any major incidents where NCISA have been a major factor..

24 hours ago i asked that all you good people who have strong views about this matter e-mail me so i can gauge the depth of feeling before approaching the Club/Police.

Guess what........................NO E-MAILS!!!!!!!

However let''s not spoil what is turning into a NCISA bashing thread.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

24 hours ago i asked that all you good people who have strong views about this matter e-mail me so i can gauge the depth of feeling before approaching the Club/Police.

[/quote]What''s your view on the subject?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]I''ve said nowt![;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]I have done my time on committees over the years and I can confirm that a lot of the time it is a thankless task.More often than not if you challenge someone to have a crack at it if they think they can do better, then they make their excuses and leave.

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Gazza"]

Being "another" commitee member I would echo the thoughts and above posts by CUSDP and the Butler.

We as a commitee certainly want whats best for the club & it supporters and a are always available to listen fully to others opinions whatever they may be.

The more members that NCISA has obviously give us a louder voice and perhaps these so called "knockers" that have posted on WOTB should voice their concerns directly to us, I look forward to your feedback!  

[/quote]

I would be interested in joining however, I have some reservations about joining what seems a bit of a closed shop?

Can you give me some examples of where you''ve used your presence to influence the football club? I''ve been a season ticket holder for years but I don''t ever recall hearing of any major incidents where NCISA have been a major factor..
[/quote]

"Closed shop".........what an unbelievable remark.So we have a constitution,a membership which anyone can join,an AGM every year where the committee and officers are elected by the membership that attends(usually between 80-150).

"major incidents where NCISA have been a major factor"............I take it the St Andrews Hall meeting attended by nearly 500 people in May 2009 has passed you by.That was the famous "rebate" meeting without explaining further.

Now let me try again.....J.TILSON@SKY.COM or 07714216616.How many more times have i to give my contact details on here but then again we operate a closed shop don''t we?

[quote user="morty"]How much does it cost to join?

[/quote]

Don''t even think about it. We don''t want the likes of you ![;)][:P]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Well I''m guessing its just a front for drug fuelled orgies to be honest, so I''m willing to risk the joining fee on the off chance.[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I''m guessing its just a front for drug fuelled orgies to be honest, so I''m willing to risk the joining fee on the off chance.

[;)]
[/quote]

OK, if you think you can handle watching a naked Tilly wearing a ram''s head and sacrificing lambs to Satan while swilling Taddy, you''re in......[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Well I''m guessing its just a front for drug fuelled orgies to be honest, so I''m willing to risk the joining fee on the off chance.[;)][/quote]

OK, if you think you can handle watching a naked Tilly wearing a ram''s head and sacrificing lambs to Satan while swilling Taddy, you''re in......[;)]

[/quote]I''m so glad I haven''t had my breakfast yet.[:(]

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

What''s your view on the subject?
[/quote]

I do indeed have my own personal views on the matter but will not be posting them on here because true to form and as sure as night follows day my personal views will be construed as official NCISA policy.

Just to add as has been stated in the past over the months and recent years this website is not a vehicle for NCISA to conduct it''s business and we have no intention of changing that stance.

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Should you be not telling me your views so i can collate it?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Should you be not telling me your views so i can collate it?

[/quote]

You''ve got 2 hopes there Tilly, and one''s called Bob.

I think I would be prepared to join NCISA (and I have been a member previously) if I could see them actively looking after fans interests but I have some misgivings at this time.1. I believe they are too cosy towards the club and not as indepent as it should be. Whether that is right or wrong its my opinion.2. No real updates or adequate website, I will note progress of the new site.3. I just dont get the chairman Im afraid. I believe Roy Blower was pretty good at his job and fairly well liked by the fans and club and even if he was not liked he was respected - a crucial point. Unfortunately I do not believe Mr Tilson is at all respected by a majority as a good ambassador for fans. As a regular reader of this website I find the confrontational style of his postings appalling (case in point the Surman thread where he has a go at the original poster and then just because he hasnt heard of him slags off everyone else for their views) I do not believe that a leader of a supposed democratic organisation should be so self opinionated, self rightious and fail to listen to other peoples views. I understands he gets voted in but that is by existing members who obviously like him, I believe more people would join if someone else was in charge. I know I will get the old ''you could vote him out at AGM'' line but its far, far, far from something I spend any real time worrying about, it is however an opinion from a former member who has listened to the opinions of many casual fans over the past few years! I realise this post may offend others more involved though and Im only trying to give what I believe is a general fans point so apologies if anyone gets offended by it.Regarding an earlier point, I live a long way from Norwich, I am already involved in charity work and committees. I have no time to be an active member of NCISA. I do however note that they are described as a fans voice and as such I certainly feel able to comment on it. As for joining NCISA again - I would love to, but I would want to see the above three issues addressed first.Regards

[quote user="Brian Badonde"]I think I would be prepared to join NCISA (and I have been a member previously) if I could see them actively looking after fans interests but I have some misgivings at this time.

1. I believe they are too cosy towards the club and not as indepent as it should be. Whether that is right or wrong its my opinion.
2. No real updates or adequate website, I will note progress of the new site.
3. I just dont get the chairman Im afraid. I believe Roy Blower was pretty good at his job and fairly well liked by the fans and club and even if he was not liked he was respected - a crucial point. Unfortunately I do not believe Mr Tilson is at all respected by a majority as a good ambassador for fans. As a regular reader of this website I find the confrontational style of his postings appalling (case in point the Surman thread where he has a go at the original poster and then just because he hasnt heard of him slags off everyone else for their views) I do not believe that a leader of a supposed democratic organisation should be so self opinionated, self rightious and fail to listen to other peoples views. I understands he gets voted in but that is by existing members who obviously like him, I believe more people would join if someone else was in charge. I know I will get the old ''you could vote him out at AGM'' line but its far, far, far from something I spend any real time worrying about, it is however an opinion from a former member who has listened to the opinions of many casual fans over the past few years! I realise this post may offend others more involved though and Im only trying to give what I believe is a general fans point so apologies if anyone gets offended by it.

Regarding an earlier point, I live a long way from Norwich, I am already involved in charity work and committees. I have no time to be an active member of NCISA. I do however note that they are described as a fans voice and as such I certainly feel able to comment on it. As for joining NCISA again - I would love to, but I would want to see the above three issues addressed first.

Regards
[/quote]

Although I am an ordinary member and not involved with the committee, I get annoyed by the generally negative image of NCISA that has been propogated on this forum since the St Andrews Hall meeting. As you will recall, that meeting offered a voice to anyone who attended and, given the results of the free votes that night I find it hard to reconcile your accusation that it''s cosy with the club. Votes of no confidence at such a sensitive time seems unusual from a supposed "toady" organisation, and given the long term smear campaign carried out on here by the likes of LQ (who certainly IS cosy with the club)  I would respectfully suggest that NCISA did a good job in getting across the views of disgruntled supporters extremely well and actually scared the club into action once it realised that a lot of people would claim the rebate.

I understand that there have been problems with the website but that it''s just about up and running, and like you I will watch it with interest, as I feel that NCISA needs to sell itself to more fans.

Can I ask whether you have ever met John Tilson? I ask because, when my experience of him was restricted to reading his posts I, too, thought he was a bit bombastic and confrontational, but now I know him I can honestly say that, while he holds firm views, he is extremely approachable and very proud of both the club and NCISA. As he constantly reiterates, his posts on here are HIS views, to which he is fully entitled.Unfortunately the aforementioned LQ has thrown a lot of mud at John''s wall and inevitably some has stuck, but would you really want a shrinking violet representing NCISA?

I really hope that you come back to NCISA, because it is becoming more and more progressive and could be a really strong voice for the fans.

A good post thanks and yes I agree that the meetings have been good at St Andrews Hall and I have attended. I have met Mr Tilson also many times. Perhaps the most disturbing thing for me was when I walked beside him and Kathy with my friends after a game a good couple of years ago towards Riverside car park when he talked so loud to her slagging off an NCISA boardmember about function organising none of us could believe what we were hearing and Im not going to go over that conversation here but lets just say there are three others who heard this rant about a fellow NCISA committee member who would never contemplate joining after that. This simply reinforced the opinion I have based on my conversations wth him over the years.Anyway Im not going to use this forum again and end up ranting with NCISA because that is not what I came here for so I will let you get on with things. I simply wanted to mention the derby kick off time issue and I guess if NCISA dont take it up then others will have to. I hope that NCISA will at least properly guage opinion - how about a vote on your new website? Im sure that would get people visiting and a lot more response than sending emails to the maverick cop!Many thanks

[quote user="Brian Badonde"]A good post thanks and yes I agree that the meetings have been good at St Andrews Hall and I have attended. I have met Mr Tilson also many times. Perhaps the most disturbing thing for me was when I walked beside him and Kathy with my friends after a game a good couple of years ago towards Riverside car park when he talked so loud to her slagging off an NCISA boardmember about function organising none of us could believe what we were hearing and Im not going to go over that conversation here but lets just say there are three others who heard this rant about a fellow NCISA committee member who would never contemplate joining after that. This simply reinforced the opinion I have based on my conversations wth him over the years.Anyway Im not going to use this forum again and end up ranting with NCISA because that is not what I came here for so I will let you get on with things. I simply wanted to mention the derby kick off time issue and I guess if NCISA dont take it up then others will have to. I hope that NCISA will at least properly guage opinion - how about a vote on your new website? Im sure that would get people visiting and a lot more response than sending emails to the maverick cop!Many thanks[/quote]It''s cute to pretend you have no history with NCISA, seeing as you had quite a lot to say on the matter last year when posting under the name "refjezhitchin"...see page 3 of http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/3/1822126/ShowPost.aspx#1822126

[quote user="Brian Badonde"]A good post thanks and yes I agree that the meetings have been good at St Andrews Hall and I have attended. I have met Mr Tilson also many times. Perhaps the most disturbing thing for me was when I walked beside him and Kathy with my friends after a game a good couple of years ago towards Riverside car park when he talked so loud to her slagging off an NCISA boardmember about function organising none of us could believe what we were hearing and Im not going to go over that conversation here but lets just say there are three others who heard this rant about a fellow NCISA committee member who would never contemplate joining after that. This simply reinforced the opinion I have based on my conversations wth him over the years.

Anyway Im not going to use this forum again and end up ranting with NCISA because that is not what I came here for so I will let you get on with things. I simply wanted to mention the derby kick off time issue and I guess if NCISA dont take it up then others will have to. I hope that NCISA will at least properly guage opinion - how about a vote on your new website? Im sure that would get people visiting and a lot more response than sending emails to the maverick cop!

Many thanks
[/quote]

Some points I would like to address:-

1. the delay in the new web site is down to me and the team writing the software. Personal reasons have meant less time than I thought initially was available for this BIG project. When you see the totally finished article and what will then be offered to members perhaps some may change their minds.

2. You make the assumption that John "rides over all the committee members" This I can assure you is NOT the case as NCISA remains a very democratic association AT ALL LEVELS and I know that John would not want it any other way. You must also think the rest of us shrinking violets, that also is FAR from the truth.

3. We as an Association have to remain in close contact with club personel, that does not mean we "Toady" to them or them to us. It remains a mutual respect (at present) on both sides. You do have to know who to contact to get things done however.

Thanks Beau and the rest for your support both on here and at other times, as always the views expressed are individuals views and not NCISA opinions.

[quote user="Brian Badonde"]I think I would be prepared to join NCISA (and I have been a member previously) if I could see them actively looking after fans interests but I have some misgivings at this time.

1. I believe they are too cosy towards the club and not as indepent as it should be. Whether that is right or wrong its my opinion.
2. No real updates or adequate website, I will note progress of the new site.
3. I just dont get the chairman Im afraid. I believe Roy Blower was pretty good at his job and fairly well liked by the fans and club and even if he was not liked he was respected - a crucial point. Unfortunately I do not believe Mr Tilson is at all respected by a majority as a good ambassador for fans. As a regular reader of this website I find the confrontational style of his postings appalling (case in point the Surman thread where he has a go at the original poster and then just because he hasnt heard of him slags off everyone else for their views) I do not believe that a leader of a supposed democratic organisation should be so self opinionated, self rightious and fail to listen to other peoples views. I understands he gets voted in but that is by existing members who obviously like him, I believe more people would join if someone else was in charge. I know I will get the old ''you could vote him out at AGM'' line but its far, far, far from something I spend any real time worrying about, it is however an opinion from a former member who has listened to the opinions of many casual fans over the past few years! I realise this post may offend others more involved though and Im only trying to give what I believe is a general fans point so apologies if anyone gets offended by it.

Regarding an earlier point, I live a long way from Norwich, I am already involved in charity work and committees. I have no time to be an active member of NCISA. I do however note that they are described as a fans voice and as such I certainly feel able to comment on it. As for joining NCISA again - I would love to, but I would want to see the above three issues addressed first.

Regards
[/quote]

I was going to answer your post in a constructive manner by telling you that in my opinion NCISA is anything but cosy with the club, do take up issues on behalf of their members/  non members. I would also have added  that Tilly is very approachable and passionate about our club and that the committee members ( some with full time jobs) all do their NCISA in their own time but thanks to Mr Chops detective work I won''t bother as we now know you''re posting under a new name and were previously "refjezhitchin"...who has been a NCISA basher in the past  as is well demonstrated on page 3 of http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/3/1822126/ShowPost.aspx#1822126

Will be interested to see if you have the balls to come back to explain yourself.

Back to NCISA matters and yes I am a member, thankyou to the committee who have replied with regards to my post re the moving of derby times, will be interested to hear what you find out from the police when its raised.

Finally, why don''t some of you non members join NCISA and give them a trial run, it doesn''t cost much and the more members they have the bigger voice they will have when there are issues to be sorted.

Are you sure it is the same person? Just that why would someone who clearly posts regularly set up a new account with the same name as before if he was going to come on and have a go - it''s not like he would have forgot his login details.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Are you sure it is the same person? Just that why would someone who clearly posts regularly set up a new account with the same name as before if he was going to come on and have a go - it''s not like he would have forgot his login details.[/quote]

I don''t think it''s the same guy either.He was on here this morning (couple of threads down the page).

It''s possible that just as there are two Andy Gorams, there are two Brian Badondes.  Coincidentally I was reading another NCISA thread and so put 2 and 2 together but that doesn''t mean the answer I came to is the right one.Interesting coincidence though.

[quote user="Brian Badonde"]Sorry chaps, new user but didnt say that the user name was in use when I registered though! B-B-B-Bah![/quote]In which case, please accept my apologies.

[quote user="Brian Badonde"]Sorry chaps, new user but didnt say that the user name was in use when I registered though! B-B-B-Bah!
[/quote]

If you are a new user and have just picked the same name as someone else then I apologise too.

I wonder if the Leeds home game and kick-off time (or date) at Carra will be re-scheduled? (After recent trouble at mill)

Whether by Sky, the BBC, or the Norfolk Nee Naws?

I also wonder if the Leeds away game and kick off time (or date) at Bellend Road will be re-scheduled? (Due to the probability of trouble at mill)

Whether by Sky, the BBC, or the South Yorkshire Nee Naws? 

Then there''s Millwall, Cardiff......etc, etc, etc........

When will it all end?

I will say this openly and honestly. I doubt I''ll ever join NCISA, why? Because it doesn''t cater for us exiles. All the important events like the AGM''s, Forums etc. happen midweek. I guess this is easier for those members who live in Norwich and the surrounding area but for those of us who do live a lot further away getting to Norwich and back on a midweek day is impracticle.

Then again I don''t bash NCISA for that or anything as I don''t knwo enough about what they do or do not do to come on here and slag them off.

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]I will say this openly and honestly. I doubt I''ll ever join NCISA, why? Because it doesn''t cater for us exiles. All the important events like the AGM''s, Forums etc. happen midweek. I guess this is easier for those members who live in Norwich and the surrounding area but for those of us who do live a lot further away getting to Norwich and back on a midweek day is impracticle. Then again I don''t bash NCISA for that or anything as I don''t knwo enough about what they do or do not do to come on here and slag them off. Davo[/quote]

Its a shame you can''t get to any forums or meetings Davo but you''re wrong because NCISA do and can cater for you exiles. If at anytime you have a problem with the club or want an opinion passing on about something you strongly disagree with but don''t want to pursue yourself, then any of the boys and girls at NCISA will I know be happy to take that up on your behalf.

It doesn''t cost much to join, you''ll be added to their email list and kept informed and  hopefully they will have some regular socials next season maybe on a weekend when you''re down here for the footy.