Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

City's Jackson bid rejected!

not sure if it was you but someone dug up an old jakson thread yesterday. didnt notice you(or the person yesterday) finding them 7games ago. when he had scored something like 6goals in 30+ appareances.

I''m ecstatic for him as he has found some form, at a crucial time for NCFC. he was bought to score goals, he didn''t do that until 6games ago.

end of pointless thread,

I think we all hoped he would do it earlier in the season, in fact I found myself willing him on each time he came on the pitch, but back then he didn''t look like he had a goal in him.

It''s fantastic he''s found form now and he should get applauded for that fact, but earlier in the season he wasn''t doing it, simple as.

[quote user="Smudger"]How many still believe that Jacko was over priced at £500k???[/quote]

How many think that Cody would be overpriced at 500K ?  LOL

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="birchfest"]Martin is the best finisher, but I cant help but feel that against the better defences in this league he will be out muscled and wont get much of a chance to make use of his finishing. Strength in the form of Holt and pace with Jackson would be a good attack.... though if its martin who can get the job done then lets stick with it.[/quote]

Now I thought Martins first start and genuine goal scoring for us was in the Championship before his head got rather large.

He managed OK then and now more mature will more than manage now

[/quote]Looks like I was right, though as I said I dont care whos scoring as long as we are!

[quote user="Smudger"]How many still believe that Jacko was over priced at £500k???[/quote]He has justified that fee on present form. Lets hope he can maintain it.Had we got CMS I doubt he would have started.Funny old game isn''t it?

And give a bit of credit to the coaching staff who seem to have ''transformed'' a number of, what looked like, ''write offs''

Jackson, Whitbread, R Martin, Fox, McNamee

Odd that Korey seems to have fallen back a bit, hopefully he''s getting the training ground makeover

Korey hasn''t fallen back really. He played exactly the same way the last couple of appearances, he''s just been overtaken by more experienced/better players. He may not be in favour, but i don''t think he has lost his ability or anything. Also, he played a pretty full season last year, and a few more at the beginning this season, wouldn''t be surprised if that might have been a bit too much for him.

[quote user="Rob Sims"]not sure if it was you but someone dug up an old jakson thread yesterday. didnt notice you(or the person yesterday) finding them 7games ago. when he had scored something like 6goals in 30+ appareances.

I''m ecstatic for him as he has found some form, at a crucial time for NCFC. he was bought to score goals, he didn''t do that until 6games ago.

end of pointless thread,[/quote]Jackson actually had one of the best goalscoring ratios for the minutes he had been on the pitch when he had only scored FOUR GOALS Rob and this was pointed out several times for the few that would listen by myself and one or two others.He now surely has a BETTER goalscoring ratio for the amount of minutes that he has spent on the pitch this season than any other Championship Striker.  Let us not forget that he has only had about 18 starts and was probably substituted with at least 20 mins to go in the majority of those games he has started.  When he has come off the bench he has not often been given longer than 10 or 20 mins to find the back of the net.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Korey hasn''t fallen back really. He played exactly the same way the last couple of appearances, he''s just been overtaken by more experienced/better players. He may not be in favour, but i don''t think he has lost his ability or anything. Also, he played a pretty full season last year, and a few more at the beginning this season, wouldn''t be surprised if that might have been a bit too much for him.[/quote]Well said GP... [Y]I''m still a big fan of both Korey and Chris Martin, both class young players whose time will come again I''m sure!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Rob Sims"]not sure if it was you but someone dug up an old jakson thread yesterday. didnt notice you(or the person yesterday) finding them 7games ago. when he had scored something like 6goals in 30+ appareances. I''m ecstatic for him as he has found some form, at a crucial time for NCFC. he was bought to score goals, he didn''t do that until 6games ago. end of pointless thread,[/quote]

Jackson actually had one of the best goalscoring ratios for the minutes he had been on the pitch when he had only scored FOUR GOALS Rob and this was pointed out several times for the few that would listen by myself and one or two others.

He now surely has a BETTER goalscoring ratio for the amount of minutes that he has spent on the pitch this season than any other Championship Striker.  Let us not forget that he has only had about 18 starts and was probably substituted with at least 20 mins to go in the majority of those games he has started.  When he has come off the bench he has not often been given longer than 10 or 20 mins to find the back of the net.
[/quote]

But no-one can stop the scapegoat bandwagon when it gets going.

[quote user="Smudger"]How many still believe that Jacko was over priced at £500k???[/quote]

i do. because i saw the years ago playing for Rushden and diamonds. when he left diamonds and join Gillingham i thought he could go bigger than that. Another person who will make it big in league one next year will be lee tomlin of peterborough. Watch this space!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Rob Sims"]not sure if it was you but someone dug up an old jakson thread yesterday. didnt notice you(or the person yesterday) finding them 7games ago. when he had scored something like 6goals in 30+ appareances. I''m ecstatic for him as he has found some form, at a crucial time for NCFC. he was bought to score goals, he didn''t do that until 6games ago. end of pointless thread,[/quote]

Jackson actually had one of the best goalscoring ratios for the minutes he had been on the pitch when he had only scored FOUR GOALS Rob and this was pointed out several times for the few that would listen by myself and one or two others.

He now surely has a BETTER goalscoring ratio for the amount of minutes that he has spent on the pitch this season than any other Championship Striker.  Let us not forget that he has only had about 18 starts and was probably substituted with at least 20 mins to go in the majority of those games he has started.  When he has come off the bench he has not often been given longer than 10 or 20 mins to find the back of the net.
[/quote]

Even better than Bellers Can''t be bad.

[quote user="Smudger"]He now surely has a BETTER goalscoring ratio for the amount of minutes that he has spent on the pitch this season than any other Championship Striker.[/quote]Can''t be bothered to work out ''any other Championship striker(s)''s rates, but have sat here and worked out that Jackson has played 1,678 minutes for City this season, scoring 12 goals in the process. So, he''s on one goal for every 129 minutes he''s played this season (excluding any injury time, which probably distorts it a bit!).He''s completed a full 90 minutes on only five occasions and is yet to complete three full matches in a row (although the last three came close with him being substituted in the 89th minute against Nottingham Forest). Interestingly, eight of his 38 appearances have been a cameo of 10 minutes or less (plus one other appearance of 11 minutes). In every other match he''s been given 20 minutes or more to find the net, including that match against Scunthorpe in which he came on with 20 minutes to go...It does seem that that hat-trick is the kick-start that Jackson''s confidence needed. That reported pace that we''d all heard about has appeared, his head''s up and he''s making runs that matter and he''s winning balls in the air that he really shouldn''t be doing as a ''small man'' (more evidence that his confidence is high).

I''ll stand up and say that I thought he wasn''t going to make it in a

City shirt. Similar to Peter Thorne I thought we''d just got unlucky with

a striker that had scored / would score goals for every team he played

for in his career aside for us. It''s starting to look like perhaps I was wrong in my judgement...