Sign in to follow this  
Swaffham Boy

Andrew Surman signs for Norwich City

A Wolves forum reckons the price to be around £1.2 million.

Apparently we are paying teams by giving them all our club ties [:O]

[quote user="Mason 47"]

A Wolves forum reckons the price to be around £1.2 million.

Apparently we are paying teams by giving them all our club ties [:O]

[/quote]

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

LMFAO

not really awful joke.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Shows we mean business and that probably Russell is going! To many people have believed all this "WE''RE SKINT" rubbish for too long. we have more money than we make out and always have had. If one reads the A/C''s carefully you''ll see that half the debt is a long bank loan that is being paid each year. When Norwich go on about the debt, its like someone with a £100,000 mortgage saying they are £100,000 in debt! The recent Tom Jones concert debacle cost the club a lot of money, something a club on the brink wouldn''t be able to do![/quote]

I wouldn''t necessarily say it means Russell is off as these are two different types of midfielders, what I would however say is that it must signal the continuation of the diamond, with plenty of cover for this now?

Hoolahan / Fox

Surman/Lappin               Smith/Hughes

Russell/Crofts

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Shows we mean business and that probably Russell is going! To many people have believed all this "WE''RE SKINT" rubbish for too long. we have more money than we make out and always have had. If one reads the A/C''s carefully you''ll see that half the debt is a long bank loan that is being paid each year. When Norwich go on about the debt, its like someone with a £100,000 mortgage saying they are £100,000 in debt! The recent Tom Jones concert debacle cost the club a lot of money, something a club on the brink wouldn''t be able to do![/quote]

I wouldn''t necessarily say it means Russell is off as these are two different types of midfielders, what I would however say is that it must signal the continuation of the diamond, with plenty of cover for this now?

Hoolahan / Fox

Russell/Crofts

[/quote]

does look good not.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Hoolahan / Fox

Russell/Crofts

[/quote]

does look good not.

[/quote]

now*

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Hoolahan / Fox

Russell/Crofts

[/quote]

Hopefully it will persude Russell to stay for me, why in his right mind would he want to go to Leeds?!, other than money. This could be the start of a building a half decent side & he would be a fool to jump ship.

Best signing IMO since Huckerby..........

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]We don''t have that kind of money do we?[/quote]So we are led to believe but in reality no one really knows, problem is that because we have been skint for so long now many fans refuse to believe it when we do have some money. I have always said that one day our day will come to have some serious money put into the club and maybe that day has come, if you count the new seats being installed and the compensation paid to Col U that must have amounted to at least 1.5 million and that is before we have signed anyone. My feeling is that Mr Foulger has maybe pumped a few quid in.

There is another thread somewhere about him "agreeing terms with a Championship club" -the hope being it was us!

I was THAT close to posting on it and saying "dream on, we''ll never get a player like that"

So am stunned! Quality player, great signing. Probably one of the best, as Gazza has said, since Hucks.

Of course, he could be an ''investment''-if he turns it on again with us, he''ll get noticed by the bigger clubs, but I prefer to see it as a statement of intent, that we do not aim to hang about next season, and, whatever Lambert has said to get him here, has excited him! Great news.

[quote user="Talk Show Host"]Great signing. I can see Surman and Fox bossing the midfield next year, particulary against the lesser teams like Doncaster and the like.[/quote]

Bit harsh on Smith.  Can''t see why you would drop him?  Surman and Smith would be a good balance aswell.  Smith doing all the dirty work whilst Surman attacks.  I know Smith may not have the passing to acompany it but, it will come.  Surman and Smith partnership all the way.

Great signing by the way![Y]

[quote user="Big Bad John"]Have to say, i put this transfer miles ahead of the acquisition of Bailey that most of us had hoped for.

Absolutely ecstatic with this signing. [:D]
[/quote]

Agree with that.  I would be very happy with Bailey but Surman is younger and looks more of a talent and potentialy great player.

I''m really looking forward to the new season! [:D]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"]We don''t have that kind of money do we?[/quote]So we are led to believe but in reality no one really knows, problem is that because we have been skint for so long now many fans refuse to believe it when we do have some money. I have always said that one day our day will come to have some serious money put into the club and maybe that day has come, if you count the new seats being installed and the compensation paid to Col U that must have amounted to at least 1.5 million and that is before we have signed anyone. My feeling is that Mr Foulger has maybe pumped a few quid in.[/quote]

I''m also left to wonder just how much Doherty and Cureton were draining from the club last season - i''m sure we''ll never know, but i''ve a feeling we may be horrified if the truth was ever revealed!

Excellent signing on the face of it, hopefully he will live up to what we expect.

1.2 million was how much Wolves paid for him last year so as he has not played much then I would expect what we paid to be a fair bit less....

Any chance Wolves owed us a few quid on the Shackell deal?

[quote user="First Wizard"]Ruddy excellent signing, well done PL and where''s the dosh keep coming from?[/quote]

Ignore where the money is coming from.  With McNally in charge, I suspect that any dealings will eventually be made public and in the best interests of the club.

In the meantime, enjoy another quality signing after the acquisitions of Ward and Fox.

That''s gotta be Russell''s lot, whether he accepts an offer from Leeds or not - and the end of Tudur-Jones and Gill.

Forster back and another striker please!!!  Then I can''t wait for the season to start.

I''ve been reading this forums now for years, and have never got around to making an account, not really much of a poster. But I thought sod it! I''m a sesaon ticket holder, and have been for the last 8 years, and sit in the barclay end :) .. now the introductions are out of the way, i''l begin.

LOVE the singings we''ve made so far, and can not WAIT for the season to begin, really really can''t. But, don''t really know much about this Andrew Surman, I must have just missed the boat with him I guess, and can''t really recall and one mentioning him in an exciting manor before our "link."

Could some one just give me a quick explanation of what type of player he is, where they have seen him play, and if he is GENUINELY THIS GOOD.

It just seems to me, that on the internet sooo many people post of forums judging players on what they see of them on games like football manager. And god that irritates me! (even tho, I worship the game lol!)

Anyways; good speaking and look forward to posting more often!

It says left footed - does this mean he can play left wing?

If it does isn''t this just as much a warning to Lappin as well? Or is Hoolahan about to be cashed in on?

The rumour going around is Surman cost 1.2 million. Very good signing. Very happy with this.

Got potential to be a good premiership midfielder let alone championship level.

Well done Lambert.

[quote user="Malcolm Mawkin"]The rumour going around is Surman cost 1.2 million. Very good signing. Very happy with this. Got potential to be a good premiership midfielder let alone championship level. Well done Lambert.[/quote]

i think wolves paid 1.2 for surman on the back of promotion to the prem and having a very good season for southampton. We have signed him on the back of playing just 9 games for wolves and promotion to the champ. So id say the fee would be less than what wolves paid. But nearer the million mark IMO.

Wow! Surman! This is an absolutely great move by us. Very skilled on the ball and will hopefully be that creative and attacking type, playing on the left of the diamond and helping to drive us forward. I should think he''ll chip in with a few goals too, something we''ve sorely missed from our midfield (Although I''m a big fan, Hoolahan won''t score as many at Champ level).I don''t think he''d have cost us £1.2 Million, and I think the comment earlier about being owed money for Shackell could have some legs.To finalise: Good work!

Oh! I also wanted to add that if we sign Danny Green from the Daggers and get ourselves a striker, keeper and right back I''ll be happy! Totally set for the new season!

Alot like Adam Lallana now.

Left sided attacking midfielder, also played on the right aswell. Provider more than a goalscorer.

Played for England U21''s in 08-09, signed for Wolves last summer and played around 10 times I think.

Im not a massive fan of Wes''s but Surman is a winger, unless PL tries to adopt him into the left hand side of the diamond.