Sign in to follow this  
rjwc22

Green not getting new deal...

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/6197825/Hammers-not-planning-Green-talks

Seems they are not planning to offer him a new contract any time soon - might pave the way for a move to Arsenal or somethere else if he has a good world cup.

Pretty sure we have a sell on clause on him so a big money move would be great for the transfer kitty.

Then again knowing Green, think it quite likely he injures himself before saturday, misses the whole tournament and rots at Upton Park!

I''m not sure if we have a sell on clause on him, I don''t know if anyone really knows for sure.There was rumours that we waived it as part of the deal when we got Peter Grant.

Could well have been, but I thought it was the clause on receiving another payment when Ashton represented his country.

Would be nice to get a bonus £250k for the transfer kitty though. No idea how much it might be as we were pretty over a barrel when we sold him. I seem to remember something like 15% of the profit being talked about at the time.

[quote user="rjwc22"]Would be nice to get a bonus £250k for the transfer kitty though. No idea how much it might be as we were pretty over a barrel when we sold him. I seem to remember something like 15% of the profit being talked about at the time.[/quote]But it tends only to be a percentage on the profit on the transfer.

[quote user="morty"]I''m not sure if we have a sell on clause on him, I don''t know if anyone really knows for sure.

There was rumours that we waived it as part of the deal when we got Peter Grant.

[/quote]

I thought the waiver of one of  the add ons (for letting us have Peter Grant) related to the Ashton transfer.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="morty"]I''m not sure if we have a sell on clause on him, I don''t know if anyone really knows for sure.There was rumours that we waived it as part of the deal when we got Peter Grant.

[/quote]

I thought the waiver of one of  the add ons (for letting us have Peter Grant) related to the Ashton transfer.

[/quote]You could well be right, I''m only working on heresay.

Pretty certain the Grant move was the removal of Ashton''s international appearances clause. - Good business if Grant had been any good!Didn''t we only get about £2m for Green so 15% of any profit should be fairly healthy as I can''t see him moving for less £4m-£5m.

If they are letting him go, with one year on his contract, (presumably to try to reduce their wage bill), expect him to go reasonably cheaply to a premiership club.

He may be one of the top English born keepers, but how much will he fetch, bearing in mind he will be on high wages?

Perhaps £2m? Is that what we got? There may be very little profit on sell-on.

Don''t get too excited!

Is he actually a free agent and out of contract or are Wet Spam selling him while he is still in contract?

[quote user="Salopian"]If they are letting him go, with one year on his contract, (presumably to try to reduce their wage bill), expect him to go reasonably cheaply to a premiership club.

He may be one of the top English born keepers, but how much will he fetch, bearing in mind he will be on high wages?

Perhaps £2m? Is that what we got? There may be very little profit on sell-on.

Don''t get too excited![/quote]Answers my question lol.Yeah, keepers rarely command high transfers.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="rjwc22"]Would be nice to get a bonus £250k for the transfer kitty though. No idea how much it might be as we were pretty over a barrel when we sold him. I seem to remember something like 15% of the profit being talked about at the time.[/quote]

But it tends only to be a percentage on the profit on the transfer.

[/quote]