Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

Steve Claridge's XI

Don''t know if anyone has shown this before but this is Steve Claridge''s League 1 Team of the year:

GK: Forster (Norwich)

D: Harte (Carlisle)

D: Clarke (Huddersfield)

D: Robinson (Millwall)

D: Richardson (Charlton)

M: Hoolahan (Norwich)

M: Bailey (Charlton)

M: Lallana (Southampton)

M: Snodgrass (Leeds)

F: Holt (Norwich)

F: Lambert (Southampton)

[quote user="manchester_canary"]find it quite hard to argue with that team tbh...[/quote]Same, bit Claridge is still a prat.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="manchester_canary"]find it quite hard to argue with that team tbh...[/quote]Same, bit Claridge is still a prat.
[/quote]He can spell "but" though. [;)]

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="city till i die"]claridge is a prize tit[/quote]

Any reason in particular?
[/quote]

Have you ever watched the Football League Show?

[quote user="4 More Bacon Rolls"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="city till i die"]claridge is a prize tit[/quote]Any reason in particular?[/quote]

[/quote]Yep every week. And loads of people on here complain that we dont get enough credit, we dont get enough highlights etc etc. Forgetting that they have to cover 72 clubs, and practically every set of fans seem to moan that they dont get enough coverage.Hes got far more knowledge on the football league than most other pundits.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="4 More Bacon Rolls"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="city till i die"]claridge is a prize tit[/quote]Any reason in particular?[/quote]

[/quote]Yep every week. And loads of people on here complain that we dont get enough credit, we dont get enough highlights etc etc. Forgetting that they have to cover 72 clubs, and practically every set of fans seem to moan that they dont get enough coverage.Hes got far more knowledge on the football league than most other pundits.[/quote]Have to agree, thought he sounded like he knew what he was talking about most of the time - pretty much all i want from the analysts, and he was always complimentary about city [:)]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Hes got far more knowledge on the football league than most other pundits.[/quote]It probably helps that he played for almost every single club.

[quote user="city till i die"]yeah speaks rubbish, tells the obvious,

spouts crap like when i was there this was like that, blar blar blar,[/quote]Well seeing as though his backup is Leroy Rosenior you should be thankful we have Claridge! Claridges BBC blog I also find very insightful on football league matters, he seems to know his stuff.Anyway agree to disagree.

Lawrenson and Pleat. Total to$$pots!

On the other hand (not a "pundit" as such, but) Adrian Chiles is bloody awesome - knowledgeable, intelligent, funny and still comes across as a fan, first and foremost...

[quote user="city till i die"]yeah speaks rubbish, tells the obvious, spouts crap like when i was there this was like that, blar blar blar,[/quote]

[Y] Compleely agree. Complete prat.

[quote user="The Walking Man "]

[quote user="city till i die"]yeah speaks rubbish, tells the obvious, spouts crap like when i was there this was like that, blar blar blar,[/quote]

[Y] Completely agree. Complete prat.

[/quote]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="manchester_canary"]find it quite hard to argue with that team tbh...[/quote]Same, bit Claridge is still a prat.
[/quote]He can spell "but" though. [;)][/quote]

Soz.