Sign in to follow this  
TheNewBoy

Potential Robert Green Windfall.....

If Greeno has a blinder at the world cup, e.g. pulls off a Banks style wonder save and helps us to the final, we could be in for some serious cash.

If for example Manchester United bought him for £8m, considering we sold him for what, £2m? We would get around £900k from West Ham if the 15% of profit figure is to be believed.

I am one of those who is convinced that the Peter Grant deal relating only to appearance bonuses for either Greeno or Ashton.

What would you do with £900k if we recieved it? I would offer it straight back to Newcastle United along, with a 15% of profit clause, for you know who ;)

Newcastle would never accept 900k for Forster.......they are probably looking for 3-4 Million at least, he is already very good, and will probably improve....

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]

If Greeno has a blinder at the world cup, e.g. pulls off a Banks style wonder save and helps us to the final, we could be in for some serious cash.

If for example Manchester United bought him for £8m, considering we sold him for what, £2m? We would get around £900k from West Ham if the 15% of profit figure is to be believed.

I am one of those who is convinced that the Peter Grant deal relating only to appearance bonuses for either Greeno or Ashton.

What would you do with £900k if we recieved it? I would offer it straight back to Newcastle United along, with a 15% of profit clause, for you know who ;)

[/quote]   I think any sell on clause has gone due to P.Grant becoming our manager...but i may be wrong

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="TheNewBoy"]

[/quote]   I think any sell on clause has gone due to P.Grant becoming our manager...but i may be wrong[/quote]

I wish that Pete or somebody from Archant would come along and put this issue to bed once and for all, it would take them 5 minutes to search their digital archives. The orginal stuff about the Grant compo deal was published by them, so ultimately the buck stops at them.

I am personally convinced that the Grant Compo deal was made up of £450k worth of appearance and goal clauses for both Green and Ashton, including the one for Ashtons first England cap with was worth something like £150k.

I may put in a request for clarification to Archant or the club soon, because this uncertainty has dragged on for two years now.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Newcastle would never accept 900k for Forster.......they are probably looking for 3-4 Million at least, he is already very good, and will probably improve....
[/quote]

No way, £1.5m max. Here we have a player who hasn''t even played for the England Under 21s, albeit without real justice. An England International keeper just moved for a fee reported to be £4m, from one of the worlds richest clubs to a fellow Premiership club. If you think that Newcastle could start demanding that kind of a fee for a keeper who nobody would put behind the sticks in the Premiership just yet, then well.... no chance.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="TheNewBoy"]

[/quote]   I think any sell on clause has gone due to P.Grant becoming our manager...but i may be wrong[/quote]

I wish that Pete or somebody from Archant would come along and put this issue to bed once and for all, it would take them 5 minutes to search their digital archives. The orginal stuff about the Grant compo deal was published by them, so ultimately the buck stops at them.

I am personally convinced that the Grant Compo deal was made up of £450k worth of appearance and goal clauses for both Green and Ashton, including the one for Ashtons first England cap with was worth something like £150k.

I may put in a request for clarification to Archant or the club soon, because this uncertainty has dragged on for two years now.

[/quote]

Wow! And to think we got Paul Lambert for 450k...........

With a year to go before his contract ends, no one will be paying any where near £7-8Million and West Sham will be taking whatever they can get!

Also i believe we waived the right to any sell on fee.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

With a year to go before his contract ends, no one will be paying any where near £7-8Million and West Sham will be taking whatever they can get!

Also i believe we waived the right to any sell on fee.

[/quote]

This needs to be cleared up, I am going to email Archant and the club to see if somebody is willing to redisclose that information. I find it a bit silly that Archant does not retain old articles, particularly as they all remain indexed in the search engines if not deleted. Their business model for the online stuff is ad revenue, more articles means more traffic, more traffic means more ad revenue.... I know because I make my full time living the same way.

If they had all old articles, like most sites, I could use their otherwise pointless search facility and find out within seconds!

I''m sick of seeing this raised on so many threads throughout the last few months,now we waived Ashtons England apperance clause which was about 125k,we still have a sell on for Green this being 15% of any profit.

[quote user="morty"]Brb, off to start a thread about this....[/quote]Could you do 1 for the Doc whilst you''re at it?

[quote user="Victor Segura"]So everyone knows once and for all,maybe it wont come up anymore now,ok with you?[/quote]So you didn''t see the two other threads discussing exactly this, just below this one?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Victor Segura"]So everyone knows once and for all,maybe it wont come up anymore now,ok with you?[/quote]

So you didn''t see the two other threads discussing exactly this, just below this one?
[/quote]DAM, i didnt soz started another [;)]