Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Dereham friendly 10 July

I''ve not been to any of the non-league grounds when Norwich have been playing, so I rather fancy this. Is it all standing and can you have a beer whilst watching?

There is a club house with a good bar but I doubt that you are allowed to take your beer outside.  FA rules apply to all grounds - not just professional clubs.

There is some seating. Same price as standing but you''ll need to be there early to get a seat.  Dereham''s usual gate is around 250 and they are expecting 3000 as we are taking a full strength team.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

There is a club house with a good bar but I doubt that you are allowed to take your beer outside.  FA rules apply to all grounds - not just professional clubs.

There is some seating. Same price as standing but you''ll need to be there early to get a seat.  Dereham''s usual gate is around 250 and they are expecting 3000 as we are taking a full strength team.

[/quote]Are we?I thought I read that the UK based friendlies were going to be made up of fringe/ youth players as the first team squad would be away in Germany.**Disclaimer**I am asking a question here, not stating a concrete fact.

Thanks for the reminder, I thought it was youth players put looking on the Dereham website, it is a side selected from 1st team squad prior to the tour of Germany, looks like I will be getting a ticket a bit erlier than usual for this one

[quote user="morty"][quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

[/quote]

Are we?

I thought I read that the UK based friendlies were going to be made up of fringe/ youth players as the first team squad would be away in Germany.

**Disclaimer**

I am asking a question here, not stating a concrete fact.
[/quote]

Hello Morty

I phoned Dereham today to order my tickets and they confirmed what is says on their website.  Paul Lambert has told them he will be taking a full strength team.  Apparently he wants them to have a run out before they go to Germany for a week.

They have probably picked Dereham because the pitch is very good and they are the least likely of the local sides of that standard to kick us in the air. Which is why City regularly take a team to Dereham and not Wroxham

Living in Dereham i''ve gone to pretty much every friendly we''ve had with them.Pitch is always in pretty good nick, there''s lots of standing places and a few seats, not that im ever there early enough to get them.We''ve fielded some really weak teams there recently so i''ll be surprised if its much better. But if what has been said is true then it should be good!

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"][quote user="morty"][quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

[/quote]Are we?I thought I read that the UK based friendlies were going to be made up of fringe/ youth players as the first team squad would be away in Germany.**Disclaimer**I am asking a question here, not stating a concrete fact.[/quote]

Hello Morty

I phoned Dereham today to order my tickets and they confirmed what is says on their website.  Paul Lambert has told them he will be taking a full strength team.  Apparently he wants them to have a run out before they go to Germany for a week.

They have probably picked Dereham because the pitch is very good and they are the least likely of the local sides of that standard to kick us in the air. Which is why City regularly take a team to Dereham and not Wroxham

[/quote]Ah right, good work fella!!I may pop along, will see what I''m doing!

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Should be good. I went to the pre-season friendly at Diss a few years ago and the atmosphere was great. Being that close to action is incredible; hearing what the players shouted at each other was enlightening as well![/quote]At Bristol Rovers you could hear all the players shouting at each other.

It a great stadium for a local ground, parking will be an issues and you may have to park on the side of the road and (with a fair walk)

Good facilities and a good bar (with decent beer on tap, and at a decent price)

If you get there early and stand you are very close to the pitch, which is always in a good condition.

Worth a trip out, especially if we field a strong side and Dereham do play decent football!

Locals friendly

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

It a great stadium for a local ground, parking will be an issues and you may have to park on the side of the road and (with a fair walk)

Good facilities and a good bar (with decent beer on tap, and at a decent price)

If you get there early and stand you are very close to the pitch, which is always in a good condition.

Worth a trip out, especially if we field a strong side and Dereham do play decent football!

Locals friendly

[/quote]

And they have a fantastic Chairman (but don''t let him know I said so)

I am pleased we are taking a full strength team and I think its show respect to local football as a whole. I went to a friendly against Kings Lynn in 2008 and their chairman at the time was furious with Roeder for bringing such a weak side when the done thing against Lynn in previous years had been to play a pretty strong side. Just one of the many ways in which the Rodent managed to endear himself to the local community.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]How much are they charging for this one?[/quote]All details are on Dereham website - see link at the top of this thread.Tickets are £8.00 - there is a discount for kids etc

i went last year and enjoyed a beer pitchside! plastic ''glass'' of course but there didn''t seem to be any problem with it!