Sign in to follow this  
newboy

Poor old Jamie

I have never dissliked Jamie Cureton, even when he missed goals that seemed impossible to miss, i just wish the guy would gracefully hang his boots up and look back at a reasonable career in the lower leagues and move on to something else.

But no, not our Jamie . . the headline in todays evening news reads ''Cureton believes he can still cut it'' ! you would have thought that 12 games at shrewsbury would have proved differently.   Come on Cureton, do the honorable thing and call it a day before you get remembered for all the wrong reasons.

He would have had a far better chance of getting a club even at his age if he had not had the lengthy loan spell at Shrewsbury. failure to hit the net in 12 games in league 2 will probably be terminal for him or perhaps the conference but then he would have to consider the low wages and if it was worth uprooting etc. On the other hand he has not been a big earner for that many years and he still has the rest of his life to pay for

if he not dyed his hair green he could have gone to the binners

he might just fit their budget

his scoring record would also suit theirs - 6 or 8 was their top scorer last year

maybe we should have loaned him out to Sunderland reserves or Paddy Rovers of Cork instead of Shrewsbury, then it would have been a shoe horn in

The guy was City thru and thru but just couldn''t perform anymore in front of goal. Retire now boy and reflect on the good times!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]i know jamie well, he will do make the wrong decision [:(][/quote]Is that English?

Yeh the news story did have a certain sneer factor.If he couldnt net in League 2 then hes gotta be looking Blue Square North / South

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]good riddance to bad rubbish-should never have been signed again in the 1st place.clubs a joke[/quote]Do you like any players that have played for City?

if all fails and he hasnt got any thing sorted he can come and play along side Simon Charlton for Bungay veterans as long as hes 35 by the end of august

err, perhaps

"Do you like City?"

(might explain things a bit)

[quote user="PhatCanary"]He should have called it a day two seasons ago,maybe he should join Lowestoft.[/quote]Head over heart says he''d even struggle there now, I feel for the guy.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PhatCanary"]He should have called it a day two seasons ago,maybe he should join Lowestoft.[/quote]Head over heart says he''d even struggle there now, I feel for the guy.[/quote]

I know you like the guy Wiz but he should never have come back to City,i can''t stand the bloke but feel he would do ok for a non league team but at league level he was washed up a long time ago.

Yeah, poor old Jamie, driving round in his Bentley.How my heart bleeds for him.

I don''t blame him for trying to hang on and extend his playing career cause getting paid a good living for playing footy is a privilege not many people get to do!

Its just all the bitterness towards Norwich and Lambert I find hard to stomach cause in reality Cureton looks well past it in our relegation season BL (before Lambert!) when his misses in the end were a big factor in us not getting enough points to survive. He was never going to get in the team ahead of Holt and Martin last season and had plenty of chances in the previous 2 seasons! 

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

I don''t blame him for trying to hang on and extend his playing career cause getting paid a good living for playing footy is a privilege not many people get to do!

Its just all the bitterness towards Norwich and Lambert I find hard to stomach cause in reality Cureton looks well past it in our relegation season BL (before Lambert!) when his misses in the end were a big factor in us not getting enough points to survive. He was never going to get in the team ahead of Holt and Martin last season and had plenty of chances in the previous 2 seasons! 

[/quote]

Spot on with both points. Ultimately he needs to talk himself up as there is a slim possibility some club might take a punt on him and he could possibly get one last league contract. Maybe Lincoln perhaps? But then again Sutton doesn''t strike me a bloke who suffers fools gladly. The reality is that I agree with a lot of posters on here that his career has pretty much nosedived in the last couple of seasons and I am starting to think something like the Ridgeons league might be more his level.

I also agree that I can''t understand why he is bitter towards Lambert. Lambert looked at signing him in the summer along with Grant Holt so clearly had a bit of time for him. When he first took over he put Cureton in the side at the expense of Chris Martin to start with and he failed to deliver again like in previous seasons with the club. Getting goals against tired and demoralised opposition like in the Leyton Orient game can''t be seen as the basis for getting a new deal.

Like you say. He has had two glorious chances to establish himself at Norwich. The first one in a time when we were selling our best players left, right, centre so there were plenty of chances to play and the second spell where he was signed as the main striker. Ultimately he blew both opportunities. He clearly likes the club and came up from the youth team but I didn''t rate him the first time he was here and my opinion of him as a footballer has merely decreased further in his second spell.

Jamie does not sound bitter at all. He is merely saying what happened, is disappointed. and hopes to find a new club.He plays best alongside a powerful striker such as Chris Iwelumo (ColWho) or Jason Roberts (Bris Rov).16 goals from 42 starts isn''t a bad record considering he didn''t get much of a chance to play alongside the type of forward he likes.

[quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="I am a Banana"]i know jamie well, he will do make the wrong decision [:(][/quote]

Is that English?
[/quote]

nope [y]

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Jamie does not sound bitter at all. He is merely saying what happened, is disappointed. and hopes to find a new club.

He plays best alongside a powerful striker such as Chris Iwelumo (ColWho) or Jason Roberts (Bris Rov).

16 goals from 42 starts isn''t a bad record considering he didn''t get much of a chance to play alongside the type of forward he likes.
[/quote]

Totally agree!

Some people on here have used him as a scapegoat.

Not his fault the club offered him such a good deal! He loved Norwich and I think he is finding it hard to let go.... if only other players had that passion for the team and city!

Good luck to him and hope he goes on to finish his career in style and prove others wrong!