Sign in to follow this  
batesout MOT

Out Of Town Fans: a closer look

Are Norwich fans who live in Norwich more loyal than those from further away? Does it matter where fans were born?

Memories of scousers beating up out of town Liverpool fans at the train station, are obviously an extreme example.

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Are Norwich fans who live in Norwich more loyal than those from further away? Does it matter where fans were born? Memories of scousers beating up out of town Liverpool fans at the train station, are obviously an extreme example.[/quote]To the 1st question you could say those from further away are more loyal as they travel hundres and hundreds of miles to see their team play/ or both are as loyal as each other....2nd question NO it doesnt matter were you are from...if you love and support the club thats enough

I was born in Norwich but only lived there till I was seven. I haven''t lived there since and it will always be my hometown but I have spent the vast majority of my life away from Norwich. However I have managed to average about 7 or 8 games season since with two or three home games.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="batesout MOT"]Are Norwich fans who live in Norwich more loyal than those from further away? Does it matter where fans were born? Memories of scousers beating up out of town Liverpool fans at the train station, are obviously an extreme example.[/quote]To the 1st question you could say those from further away are more loyal as they travel hundres and hundreds of miles to see their team play/ or both are as loyal as each other....2nd question NO it doesnt matter were you are from...if you love and support the club thats enough[/quote]^^ This.

I think loyalty and commitment are being confused.

I always have and always will support Norwich, my loyalty will always be 100%.  This lad is not for turning!!!

I leave 250 miles away, commitment has changed, due to job, other responsibilties etc.  Go to a handful of games per season now.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="batesout MOT"]Are Norwich fans who live in Norwich more loyal than those from further away? Does it matter where fans were born? Memories of scousers beating up out of town Liverpool fans at the train station, are obviously an extreme example.[/quote]To the 1st question you could say those from further away are more loyal as they travel hundres and hundreds of miles to see their team play/ or both are as loyal as each other....2nd question NO it doesnt matter were you are from...if you love and support the club thats enough[/quote]

Slightly OT but are there many City fans in Wisbech? 

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

many City fans in Wisbech? 

[/quote]

About the same as the number in Todmorden, once you''ve multiplied it by the number living on the Unthank Road (from the city side of Cambridge Street).

i agree with a previous poster about loyalty and commitment.loyalty: saw my first game 36 years ago. STILL got every replica home shirt from the past 20 odd years. follow the results wherever i am in the worldcommitment: In the 70''s and 80''s used to go to nearly every home game when i lived in swaffham [anyone remembers matthews coaches?] Used to travel from near arnheim in holland for nearly every home fixture 2000-2005. Hated fraternising with the dutch scummers on the ferry though. It used to roughly be a 17 hour day to get to and from carra rud. Still go to as many games as i can [23 this last season] home and away from here in west yorkshire. Health problems though prevents me from going to more. Commitment is an individual thing. If you believe in something, then you''re committed [thats my view]

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"][quote user="batesout MOT"]Are Norwich fans who live in Norwich more loyal than those from further away? [/quote]No[/quote][Y]I''ve noticed that you''ve (batesout MOT) made quite a few threads lately, looking into our club. Is it cause you''re jelous of our fabulous club, and our lovely League 1 title, which you couldn''t achieve in 3?

About the same as the number in Todmorden, once you''ve multiplied it by the number living on the Unthank Road (from the city side of Cambridge Street).

WTF does that mean ?

i''m from Wisbech (aka Wisbekistan) and there are a lot of city fans in the area.

keyser Soze:

"WTF does that mean ?"

Was merely trying (and, clearly, failing utterly) to reply in keeping with the mildly bizarre nature of the question that were posed, Mr Soze, about Wisbech.

My heartfelt apologies to the mayor and noble denizens of your charming fenside resort, for any unintended slur.

I thought you of all people would appreciate the exquisite sense of mystery.

OTBC!

(Sad to see that the world cup east anglian derby tribute match just finished the wrong way: old blue & white 1, yella & green 0)

[quote user="GenerationA47"]keyser Soze: "WTF does that mean ?" Was merely trying (and, clearly, failing utterly) to reply in keeping with the mildly bizarre nature of the question that were posed, Mr Soze, about Wisbech. My heartfelt apologies to the mayor and noble denizens of your charming fenside resort, for any unintended slur. I thought you of all people would appreciate the exquisite sense of mystery. OTBC! (Sad to see that the world cup east anglian derby tribute match just finished the wrong way: old blue & white 1, yella & green 0)[/quote]lol, yes i know a few City supporters about 10. i dare say there are more tho[Y]  we are everywere[:D]