Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Greenos time at Norwich

Greeno made some great saves in his time here (at home to Stoke the season we got promoted is an exxample) but I cant find any links or videos on the web.If anyone has links to saves Greeno made at City, I would greatly appreciate them being posted.Thankyou OTBC [H]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]That save from Gerry Taggert against Stoke was one of the best saves I''ve ever seen![/quote]The one in front of the Barclay- I know [:D]Really want to find a link to it to prove to people that Greeno isnt a bad goalkpeeper

I don''t bring this up to show another Green failure, but wondering why this isn''t classed as offside?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTV80j-ZAZ4

I realize Johnson may have been of the pitch, but does that mean he can''t be offside?

Also, here is one for you Greeno. Even the best keepers make big mistakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSLYkWJ0QUA&feature=related

Robert Green isn''t a "bad keeper", he just isn''t anything special.

His best attribute has always been short range efforts, but his kicking has never been strong, authority at crosses (improved after Malky left and stopped ripping him) was poor and his long range judgement is appalling, he often never moves.

and i''m sure Green will be boosted by the support of Bryan Gunn. Like he knows decent keeper or two (Theo!!)

Who dug up Gunny anyway, he''s been on Sky Sports, GMTV and Radio Norfolk today.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I don''t bring this up to show another Green failure, but wondering why this isn''t classed as offside?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTV80j-ZAZ4

I realize Johnson may have been of the pitch, but does that mean he can''t be offside?[/quote]

I really don''t know why you think he was offside. There is nothing I can see to suggest he would be.

[quote user="CT"]Greeno made some great saves in his time here (at home to Stoke the season we got promoted is an exxample) but I cant find any links or videos on the web.

If anyone has links to saves Greeno made at City, I would greatly appreciate them being posted.

Thankyou OTBC [H]
[/quote]

And he couldn''t save a penalty even if his life depended on it.

On a lighter note, here''s some of his great saves : [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7vO_aV53ks&feature=fvw[/url] 2:06 - splendid save!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

Yeah thats right, he never save one in 8 years with us I heard....

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="CT"]Greeno made some great saves in his time here (at home to Stoke the season we got promoted is an exxample) but I cant find any links or videos on the web.

If anyone has links to saves Greeno made at City, I would greatly appreciate them being posted.

Thankyou OTBC [H]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Can''t save penalties? Best you watch that You Tube tribute Brendo''s posted on here - there are several examples in that!

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I don''t bring this up to show another Green failure, but wondering why this isn''t classed as offside? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTV80j-ZAZ4 I realize Johnson may have been of the pitch, but does that mean he can''t be offside?[/quote]

To be offside, there have to be less than two players between the player and goal when the ball is played.  The ball has to go forward, and it has to be played by someone on the attacking team.

Johnson was onside when the ball was played in on the cross, the ball had gone ''backwards'' from a Forest perspective and Green was the last player to play the ball

So not offside at all

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Thankyou OTBC [H]
[/quote]

[/quote] Can''t save penalties? Best you watch that You Tube tribute Brendo''s posted on here - there are several examples in that![/quote]

All for West Ham.  Didnt save one for us

Greeno was a good keeper for us - not the best we''ve had by a long way - but better than some (Simon Tracey, and even Judas Marshall spring to mind)

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="CT"]Greeno made some great saves in his time here (at home to Stoke the season we got promoted is an exxample) but I cant find any links or videos on the web.If anyone has links to saves Greeno made at City, I would greatly appreciate them being posted.Thankyou OTBC [H][/quote]

[/quote] Can''t save penalties? Best you watch that You Tube tribute Brendo''s posted on here - there are several examples in that![/quote]

All for West Ham.  Didnt save one for us

Greeno was a good keeper for us - not the best we''ve had by a long way - but better than some (Simon Tracey, and even Judas Marshall spring to mind)

[/quote]Give over, he was the best we''ve had in recent years, by a long way. Compare him to the likes of Marshall and others we''ve had, he was awesome. He''s playing for West Ham in the Premier League and England, you guys are really under-estimating him.

Exactly Brendo. West Ham. Not Man U, Chelsea or even Villa or Spurs

Better than Marshall? Yes - I said that. Better than Keelan or Gunn? No

Underestimating him? Fraid not, Green is good but not great

[quote user="Barclay hero"]Exactly Brendo. West Ham. Not Man U, Chelsea or even Villa or Spurs

Underestimating him? Fraid not, Green is good but not great[/quote]Sorry, I''ve got no clue. But of my lifetime, he''s the best keeper we''ve had without a shadow of a doubt. I suppose that''s not long though. [:P]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Barclay hero"]Exactly Brendo. West Ham. Not Man U, Chelsea or even Villa or Spurs

Underestimating him? Fraid not, Green is good but not great[/quote]Sorry, I''ve got no clue. But of my lifetime, he''s the best keeper we''ve had without a shadow of a doubt. I suppose that''s not long though. [:P] [/quote]Of course it''s not.Cos for every Barclay hero, there''s another who''ll tell him Gunn wasn''t fit to polish Nethercott''s boots. Such is football. There''s always some old git who can remember stuff you can''t. Take First Wizard for example. He can remember when dinosaurs roamed Carrow Road and we played a caveman in goal....

He made a cracking save in the Playoff final at Cardiff, from a Horsefield header i believe it was.

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Prove he''s a great keeper? Good luck with that one![/quote]

What is this obsession with our team/msg board?! [*-)] I suppose it must be difficult for a ''huge (hahah [:D]) team like yourselves to have your asses kicked by a load of bumpkins [:)] Three years and you finally managed to scrape (just!) out of Division 3 in second place [:)]    

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]was riddled with cock ups.never an england keeper imo[/quote]

Better than Richard Wright in my opinion - by miles! Oh, and technically he is and was and England keeper. Way down in deepest Suffolk where the literacy levels are lower than Honduras'' chances of winning the World cup and the gene pool is shallower than Katie Price [:)] 

[quote user="Brendo "] On a lighter note, here''s some of his great saves :

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7vO_aV53ks&feature=fvw[/url]

2:06 - splendid save!
[/quote]

Loads of blinding saves in that one - thanks.

Just because he left us is no reason to start disparaging him as some appear to be doing. Brilliant shop stopper although he lacked command of his six yard box and often failed to stamp authority on crosses and through balls (when hesitation would ensue).

Unconvinced he is the clear No. 1 for England - that may fall to Hart shortly but I hope Capello keeps faith as any keeper can be cruelly exposed by the sort of howler last Saturday.    

"He can remember when dinosaurs roamed Carrow Road and we played a caveman in goal"

Yeah, ol'' Boney "The Sabretooth" McClubber...