Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

it all makes sense..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6206676,00.html?

best for all parties concerned ..i would say ..!!

i would not be shocked if i saw both playing for city next season .

Whilst the loan of fraser makes complete sense, I''m not sure that the loan of a raw 19 year old is a better ebt than bringing on our own youngsters such as Oli and Cody. Does this lad Ranger really have so much more to offer than these two right now?

[quote user="crafty canary"]Whilst the loan of fraser makes complete sense, I''m not sure that the loan of a raw 19 year old is a better ebt than bringing on our own youngsters such as Oli and Cody. Does this lad Ranger really have so much more to offer than these two right now?
[/quote]

Style of play.

Oli is 6''1" but is not a rounded target man at the moment. He is more of a support striker. Cody is the same with his pace. At the moment we are yet to see any of them work well alongside Martin when Holt is out, or together for that matter. A bit of height and someone who can hold the ball up would help us out in that department.

I wouldn''t mind seeing if Cody can do a job on the right of midfield if given a chance, his pace alone will cause problems there and I am sure he isn''t too bad at tackiling/tracking either.

Loaning Nile Ranger could be as much as giving him a chance to train and be coached by a different team, with possibly a couple odd appearances from the bench, rather than him being a first team member. Players train with different teams, to give them a different perspective, sometimes...

[quote user="First Jedi"]Loaning Nile Ranger could be as much as giving him a chance to train and be coached by a different team, with possibly a couple odd appearances from the bench, rather than him being a first team member. Players train with different teams, to give them a different perspective, sometimes...[/quote]In which case I hope they pay us to take him and not vice-versa.

I don''t think we will see Cody play too much of a part in our team next season, although I''d love to be proved wrong.

Whilst I think we should wait a bit longer for Forster I think we should forget about Ranger now and move on.  If we are going to wait for Newcastle to buy some strikers before they consider loaning him then we could be waiting a long time and thats just for a loan who might not even be very good.  I think we need another striker like Ranger but someone who we can buy permanently and who is going to score goals.  I think we could probably snap someone up just as good fairly soon and someone who will score goals instead of wait for Ranger.

Jeez, does no one realise that this is the same story that has been doing the rounds for the last five days? I must have seen it in about 20 different places now.