Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Enjoy the World Cup lads...........

But as soon as it is finished.........

........you can f*** off.

“Once the World Cup is over we will be looking to scrap everything that was part of the bar before."

“We''ll be looking to change the clientele"

[:S][:S][:S]

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/eveningnews24/norwich-news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=xNews&itemid=NOED12%20Jun%202010%2011%3A10%3A29%3A643

That''s that little place on St Benedicts Street isn''t it ?  They''ll struggle to get people there unless they do something different.  It''s a fair distance from Prince of Wales Road and the Riverside / Waterfront area where most seem to go for a night out.

Just seems a strange thing to say. If you are 30+ and have been using it as a watering hole for some time, it''s like being told "enjoy us for the next few weeks but after that I''m afraid you won''t be welcome".

[quote user="lappinitup"]Just seems a strange thing to say. If you are 30+ and have been using it as a watering hole for some time, it''s like being told "enjoy us for the next few weeks but after that I''m afraid you won''t be welcome".[/quote]

It''s always the same Lapp, nobody wants to cater for old boys like us who ramble on and smell funny.........[;)]

Agreed Lapp but on the other hand if the current clientele weren''t providing enough pbusiness to keep it viable they need to try something. Either way I''ve never visited it and wouldn''t now it''s too far out of the way and having known one of the new owners previously.

Davo

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Just seems a strange thing to say. If you are 30+ and have been using it as a watering hole for some time, it''s like being told "enjoy us for the next few weeks but after that I''m afraid you won''t be welcome".[/quote]

It''s always the same Lapp, nobody wants to cater for old boys like us who ramble on and smell funny.........[;)]

[/quote]

It''s the mothballs in your demob suit. [;)]

[quote user="Davo"]

having known one of the new owners previously.

Davo

[/quote]

Go on spill the beans!

[quote user="Dan Druff"]Quite like that bar actually, but surely the best policy is to welcome everybody, provided they''re well behaved and take a bath at least once a year![/quote]Thats me barred then![:''(]

KNew the 1st owners of this bar Derm and Rob the latter being an avid crystal palace fan...

Brought it and changed it to comfortably numb before the economic climate changed, whilst they were in the process of selling it my flat mate at the time Donna from Luton who buys bars for a living said she wouldn''t touch it with a barge pole.

Sayin that I wish the new guys every luck and hope they can make it a success.

The nearest club has got to be the Talk right? Hardly a youngster attracting venue is it?

To be honest I didn''t even know this one existed so doesn''t mean much to me. Pubs have been struggling around Norwich for ages now, what can you do? Its more fashionable to get plastered and go clubbing than to sit down and gently drink a pint. The weatherspoons sap all of the custom with their cheap alcohol.

I tend to prefer the pubs further out of the city where I feel more relaxed, like the Bell Vue, Mad Moose, Fat Cat or my local - The Bull.