Sign in to follow this  
Karl Pilkington

For the first time in ages I'm.....

.....not looking forward to going to see City tomorrow. I was at Charlton and Blackburn and I can''t take the disappointment of another match not won and another poor performance

I''m sure there will be many that say I should be happy with a ticket, but surely I can''t be the only one who feels this way???

Agreed, this is the first home game this season (Arsenal excluded) that I''ve not felt confident of getting a result, even with Mulryne in for Holt.

Maybe it''s the fact that Green''s missing or Southampton having Beattie and Philips back, or maybe they''ll just hit the ball at the beanpole up front whilst our hobbit of a defence run around him.

But if the mighty Thomas hits a 30-yarder in the last minute for a win then the drinks are definitely on me.

I thought I may get slated for that and tarnished a glory hunting, part time supporting, pesimist. Glad I''m not the only one.But nobody will be more pleased than me if we do win. By hook or by Crook. I DONT CARE.

[quote].....not looking forward to going to see City tomorrow. I was at Charlton and Blackburn and I can''t take the disappointment of another match not won and another poor performance I''m sure there will b...[/quote]

i am afraid i feel the same way iwan - i know i should be grateful that i have a ticket, but have even found it difficult to get rid of my spare one for tomorrow, not a lot of takers - the enthusiasm seems to have worn off a bit, much like a new love affair!  After all this was a novelty - being in the premiership after such a long time, and now finding out we are seriously lacking in a few departments makes us all a bit more realistic and not so eager to race down to FCR

however i will still go and support the team - it is what i have done in good times and bad, we had a wonderful end to last year, we have to learn to take the bad times as well

and yes, i will be wearing red knickers!!

I too am pessimistic.

A marginalised star player and a defence who play like a group of strangers on a sunday morning comprised of too many substandard players means I am doubtful for a clean sheet. This with a strike force that remains too profligate with the few chances an overly defensive do get to create.

And any player with actual footballing or defensive ability overlooked or ignored.

OTBC

But most importantly, if we do lose, don''t give up all hope.

It''s going to be a long season, but there has to be highs as well as lows.

Although the lows may be more frequent in this league...

I wish I had not started this thread now. Pete, Zipper and Gazza are really making me depressed. I''m even more pesemistic about our chances.

I was saying to a friend the other day after all these years of wishing, praying, and hoping, to get promoted, I am now stating to look forward to relegation so we may win a match. Or is that pushing it too far???

I think what is really a kick in the guts is the form of the blue scum. If they were mid to bottom of the fissy pop league I wouldn''t mind so much.

Be carefull what you wish for.....it might come true!!!!

Well I''ve got my red pants on and am now on my way to the ground (11.15am Sat). The wife doesnt know, they are chafing a bit but are very silky (nice; in a fast show stylee) no infusion of confiednce but perhaps that will come nearer the ground.COME ON YOU YELLOWS.

[quote]I wish I had not started this thread now. Pete, Zipper and Gazza are really making me depressed. I''m even more pesemistic about our chances. I was saying to a friend the other day after all these yea...[/quote]

IFT - i think you probably speak for a lot of us, and i agree too with your observations re the binners!  that''s life though!  Just remember though, we trashed them twice last year, and won the league easily, if they win the league this year, you can only imagine their fate next year, like us!

I don''t want us to go down, i fear for our club should we do so - it is not as easy as a lot of people think to come straight back up - and we will lose our best players too (green going is a foregone conclusion) but francis, mckenzie etc is another matter, but sadly most of all it is the money factor which means we must do all we can to stay up - what is depressing me is the fact i don''t think we are doing all we can in terms of team selection and tactics on the pitch

the only upside for me of going down is the fact my man would be able to get three tickets easily for himself and his kids to go to all the home matches, but i am clutching at straws here!!!

i never give up hope if i can influence the situation - but sadly i, and all of us have little say in team selection!  so will have to hope that either we win big today or worthy finally sees the light

anyway hope you do enjoy the game IFT

[quote]I wish I had not started this thread now. Pete, Zipper and Gazza are really making me depressed. I''m even more pesemistic about our chances. I was saying to a friend the other day after all these yea...[/quote]

Iwans Front Teeth,

To say that you are looking forward to relegation is, indeed, pushing it too far.  Would you also look forward to losing a cup final?  Of course not...

What you need is a dose of ''Optimism'' to sooth your sorry mood.  Imagine for one second that feeling when you see the ref blowing the final whistle and it means that we''ve finally got the win under our belts.  Imagine how good you''re going to feel.  Players with their hands in the air, On the Ball City, and clenched fists and gritted teeth.  It will be as good as 5 wins in the Fizzy League.  It''s out there somewhere, just hold on to it...

You''re gonna be fine, man.  You''re not gonna need to think any more heretic thoughts about relegation.  And if you''re still low, there are plenty of ''Glass Half Full'' posters around here to slowly convince you...