Sign in to follow this  
Stukulele

Carrow Road 2018?

I would rather have the club spend money to build to a 30k seater and fill it rather than 40k which we dont pay for an have a 3/4 full stadium!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I would rather have the club spend money to build to a 30k seater and fill it rather than 40k which we dont pay for an have a 3/4 full stadium![/quote]

[Y] I agree.  It has to be 40k and we won''t fill 40k at all.  30k would be money well spent as we would probably get around 28k most games.  Even if we were in the prem due to Norfolk being where Norfolk is we wouldn''t fill 40k.

I think we could get 40,000 on occasions if we were established in the Premiership and the ground was big enough!

I''m sure that even last season  we''d of had 5-6 games with crowds 30,000+ had the capacity allowed for it. We could have sold 35,000+ for the Leeds game I''m sure!

No way on this earth should MK Franchisers be oneof the World cup grounds, neither should Plymouth. Bristol is another place in my opinion less deserving than us cause last season they had 2 League teams, one of which was in a higher League than us yet both combined were getting smaller crowds than Norwich! 

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

I think we could get 40,000 on occasions if we were established in the Premiership and the ground was big enough!

I''m sure that even last season  we''d of had 5-6 games with crowds 30,000+ had the capacity allowed for it. We could have sold 35,000+ for the Leeds game I''m sure!

No way on this earth should MK Franchisers be oneof the World cup grounds, neither should Plymouth. Bristol is another place in my opinion less deserving than us cause last season they had 2 League teams, one of which was in a higher League than us yet both combined were getting smaller crowds than Norwich! 

[/quote]

If we were pushing for a European place yes but, can''t see that happening for many years!

Personally do not see the point of potentially breaking the club for the sake of hosting a couple of World Cup games, assuming that England is succesful in its bid. I find it interesting that there is a fixation on the road links to Norwich when the ground is a two hour train ride from the centre of London and the city boasts an international airport linked to an international hub airport in Amsterdam.....

if we where in the prem i reckon we could fill it,

you just put the away allocation up, im pretty sure most prem teams take at least 3 thousand fans away, and when man u chelsea etc come give them 5/6 thousand and charge them 40 quid a ticket!!!

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Personally do not see the point of potentially breaking the club for the sake of hosting a couple of World Cup games, assuming that England is succesful in its bid. I find it interesting that there is a fixation on the road links to Norwich when the ground is a two hour train ride from the centre of London and the city boasts an international airport linked to an international hub airport in Amsterdam.....[/quote]

Thats the whole point!

The board have said they are aiming for a capacity of 35-40,000 in the event of regular Premiership membership. To get to this capacity wil cost a lot of money and even more in the future. For instance Bowket said at the AGM that an upper tier for the City stand will cost £15M at current prices!

If Carrow Road was chosen as one of the World cup venues and England actually got it, then a ground capacity of 44-46,000 would be required and the FA would help to pay for it and I''m sure the local Council may of done as well. We''d of had a 44+,000 ground built for maybe the same price or cheaper than a capicity 8-9,000 lower!

I agree with what you say about the transport links - the trains could be made more efficient and the A11 completed!