Sign in to follow this  
willynaylor

Hello all

Hi allYour favourite Leeds poster here, how are you all :-)Happy with your dealings so far this summer, or havent you really dabbled yet? Pleased with our signing of Schmeichel, don''t know much about Connolly, and Paynter is a bit ''meh''

Mate, I''d be delighted with Schmeichel and Paynter. [Y] We''re still going to win the league though. [:)]

[quote user="willynaylor"]Hi all

Your favourite Leeds poster here, how are you all :-)

Happy with your dealings so far this summer, or havent you really dabbled yet?

Pleased with our signing of Schmeichel, don''t know much about Connolly, and Paynter is a bit ''meh''
[/quote]

Hi willy, I think Schmeichel is a great signing, but I agree with you about Painter. One good season doesn''t make a sure fire hit, but he works hard and will give you a different style (and attitude!) to Beckford.

As for us, I''m very happy with Smith and Ward (who I''ve wanted us to go for for some time), Fox has a good pedigree but Crofts is an unknown quantity. How do you feel about Rusty maybe coming to you?

Hi there Willy.

Schmeichel is a decent signing, a good, quality keeper at this level. Connolly was great at Plymouth but never really did it at Derby and Paynter is, I think, worth a gamble on a free. I think you need at least another central defender and striker though, but plenty of time for that.

As for us, largely in agreement with my fellows above. Smith and Ward are capable signings for this level, Fox has always done well where ever he''s been and offers something we don''t have a lot of in our squad and Crofts apparently offers a good engine for the midfield. If we do lose Rusty, he''s the sort who could step in and do a job there. We need a good striker and then, dare I say it, could be good to go.

I''m not too sure about Schmeichel, hasn''t really caught the eye just yet and is living of his Dads rep more than anything so far. Paynter is a very good signing for you guys IMO, he''s impressed me at Swindon and is still only 25.

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]take ruseell and il be happy-leeds fans still scumbags?[/quote]He''s more welcome than you, you miserable to$$er..........  [A]

"He''s more welcome than you, you miserable to$$er.........."

He''s more a supporter of Norwich City, than that miserable to$$er!

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]take ruseell and il be happy-leeds fans still scumbags?[/quote]About the only word you spelt right was "scum". Typical, pond life can always manage to scrawl their own names...........

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="wrathsajoke"]take ruseell and il be happy-leeds fans still scumbags?[/quote]He''s more welcome than you, you miserable to$$er..........  [A][/quote]+1!I was glad to see you sign Schmeicel as it meant that you weren''t in the race to grab Fraser Forster with you guys being a closer commute to Newcastle for him.

Who is this inbred fool that keeps contaminating this forum?

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="wrathsajoke"]take ruseell and il be happy-leeds fans still scumbags?[/quote]He''s more welcome than you, you miserable to$$er..........  [A][/quote]+1!I was glad to see you sign Schmeicel as it meant that you weren''t in the race to grab Fraser Forster with you guys being a closer commute to Newcastle for him.[/quote]+2.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Who is this inbred fool that keeps contaminating this forum?[/quote]think he must be from wisbech! either there or scumland

yes the Russell stories are gathering pace now...we''re crying out for a decent holding midfielder, after enduring Michael Doyle last season. Hope for your sakes that we don''t sign him, and rumours are that we''ve offered Russell a contract. Still need a goalscorer as wellDon''t know much about Smith but Ward is decent cover I guess...is Whitbread fit yet? I suppose you guys spent a bit in January to bolster your squad.

[quote user="willynaylor"]yes the Russell stories are gathering pace now...we''re crying out for a decent holding midfielder, after enduring Michael Doyle last season. Hope for your sakes that we don''t sign him, and rumours are that we''ve offered Russell a contract. Still need a goalscorer as well

Don''t know much about Smith but Ward is decent cover I guess...is Whitbread fit yet? I suppose you guys spent a bit in January to bolster your squad.
[/quote]

I think Ward and Whitbread will be the first choice CBs willy. Not too fussed about whether Russell goes or stays tbh. Did well last year but I think a holding midfielder in the Championship needs a better range of passing than Rusty has.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]were finding hidden gems, rather that buying the known players.[/quote]

Seen any of them play for us yet have you?[:^)]

[/quote]

It''s just the usual posting diarrhoea.

Russell is a far superior player to Doyle.  He''s the main reason we got away with having two donkeys at centre half last season and we missed him when he wasn''t playing. The fact that it''s dragging on would suggest to me that Russell is using Leeds to get a better deal out of us. 

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]Russell is a far superior player to Doyle.  He''s the main reason we got away with having two donkeys at centre half last season and we missed him when he wasn''t playing. The fact that it''s dragging on would suggest to me that Russell is using Leeds to get a better deal out of us. [/quote]

The fact it is dragging on suggests two things to me:

He respects us so much that he is willing to hold back announcing who he has signed for until Lambert has a replacement to announce or another big name player to announce to soften the blow.

Or like you say he doesn''t want to leave here - which if you look at the facts it may amount to, and is indeed waiting to see if we offer improved terms.

When I say facts I am pretty sure he was quoted as saying he came back to Norwich to get closer to his family in London again. Leeds is pretty damned far away.

However there is another factor - has another club made an offer to him? Are they a better proposition?

I don''t really see us using Ward as cover.  I would presume him and Whitbread would be the pair who start together.  Russel would be good for you.  A solid midfielder who can break up play and can pass the odd good ball, however I think you have come in for him a year to late as I don''t think he will be as good in the Championship but could do a job.  As for Paynter I''m glad we didn''t sign him.  One good season in League 1 compared to lots of very poor ones dosn''t make him a Championship standard player for me.  However you got him on a free so if he dosn''t score who cares!  But you would probably want someone else to rely on for goals IMO.

I''m very confident for next season and am very much looking forward to it.  I don''t see us or Leeds having any problems at all with the step up.

bates still working on that time machine on that time machine that can take you back to 1975 and actually win the european cup? Rather than pretend and claim it as a victory?