Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

So has Russell gone then?

It was reported in The Sun that Russell has finally turned down a contract and will sign for Leeds. I expect that with the free wages of Doc, Rusty and Jamie Lad we have no excuse not to bring a big signing in like Ebanks-Blake for example. I will be very dissappionted if these wages aren''t used to bring in ONE big player.

I would be surprised if Russell turned Leeds down, didn''t you know that they''re the biggest club in the universe.

The longer it goes on you have to say the more likely it looks like he''s on his way. have to say that whilst i don''t rate Russell massively at this level, he is still a solid campaigner and I will not be terribly enthused if he is replaced by Doyle.

If Rusty goes i will be looking for us to bring in at least one quality signing as (whilst encouraging) the signings so far certainly appear to be at the budget end of the scale and not suggestive of the large "competitive" budget which has been hinted at by various people.

[quote user="kdncfc"]I would be surprised if Russell turned Leeds down, didn''t you know that they''re the biggest club in the universe.[/quote]

Finally recognition!

[quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]It was reported in The Sun that Russell has finally turned down a contract and will sign for Leeds. I expect that with the free wages of Doc, Rusty and Jamie Lad we have no excuse not to bring a big signing in like Ebanks-Blake for example. I will be very dissappionted if these wages aren''t used to bring in ONE big player.[/quote]Ebanks Blakes wages would cost loads, as well as a transfer fee, we also have other high earners at the club such as Stephen Hughes, don''t expect a signing in the ilk of Earnshaw or Ashton

[quote user="DraytonBoy"][quote user="kdncfc"]I would be surprised if Russell turned Leeds down, didn''t you know that they''re the biggest club in the universe.[/quote]

Finally recognition![/quote]Do you have any connections to Leeds of do you just support them because of their illustrious past ?

kdncfc, no connection at all as I was born and bred in Norfolk. Started supporting Leeds in late sixties and used to go to most games home and away from early 80''s through to 1998''ish. I now live abroad so don''t go very often. Been to CR maybe 400+ times and used to travel away on Lill''s bus 78-82 so still interested in the Canaries.

[quote user="DraytonBoy"]kdncfc, no connection at all as I was born and bred in Norfolk. Started supporting Leeds in late sixties and used to go to most games home and away from early 80''s through to 1998''ish. I now live abroad so don''t go very often. Been to CR maybe 400+ times and used to travel away on Lill''s bus 78-82 so still interested in the Canaries.[/quote]You grew up through the same era as me, went to many away games around that time including Brighton and Derby in the cup and Sheff Wed last game of season in the league when we got promoted. A guy who I worked with many years ago and still see sometimes is Leeds mad, he still goes to Elland Road a few times every year and has a signed shirt from the title winning team of the early 90''s displayed on his lounge wall. I''ve never seen any point in supporting a team other than the area you come from myself, the closest I came to it was when Forest were really good in the late seventies they became my second team but I''d always want Norwich to win whenever we played them.At least you''ve stuck with Leeds through thick and thin over long period of time, far better than the scummy Manwho and Chelsea fans who seem to have multiplied like rabbits over the last few years. None of them have seen them play and many could probably only name one or two of their players.