Sign in to follow this  
canary2010

Grant Holt to join West Brom??????

Im really worried about the rumours circulating that West Brom have had a million pound bid accepted for Grant Holt.  Im told its being reported today in the local brummie press also and its on the Norwich City Mad forum, link attached:

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=400&fid=191&sty=2&act=1&mid=2121274780

I know that league 1 is a big jump but I think he could easily play in the premier league, holty is a lot better than beckford and look where he is now.  Also been told by my mate who works at the club that Holt wants to go because he cant ever see us getting back in the premier over the next few years.

Worried, very worried.

Holt would be stupid to do this.  He is unproven at Championship level let alone premier league level.  I think he would also make himself look stupid in the prem because he wouldn''t be very good there.  Also if he did this then he is more big headed than I thought and I would hate him for it!

Probably rubbish though! [:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Darren Lamb"]1st post, binner?[/quote]

^^ This.
[/quote]

^^ This also.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]

[quote user="Ncfc"]If anybody offered us a million for Grant Holt we should snatch their arm off.[/quote]

What a ridiculous statement.

[/quote]Hmmm, not that ridiculous in my opinion.As much as I love the guy an offer of a mil would certainly be worth a thought.However, not particularly likely to happen lol.

If Scunthorpe have asked £3 million for Hooper after one good season in the Championship, shouldn''t we go for at least £2 million? I can''t see West Brom wanting him though, but he''s worth more then £1 million.

Morty, pretty ridiculous actually.

Other clubs may only be willing to risk a mil on him but he''s worth more than that to us in my opinion, and most probably in Lamberts too.

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Jack Flash"]All we need is wrathsajoke to join this thread and we have the complete set.[/quote]

glad hes going he crap clubs a joke [;)]
[/quote]Lol. [:D]

[quote user="hogesar"]Morty, pretty ridiculous actually.

Other clubs may only be willing to risk a mil on him but he''s worth more than that to us in my opinion, and most probably in Lamberts too.[/quote]I agree that he''s worth more than that to us, but I don''t agree that he''s worth a million on the open market.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Jack Flash"]All we need is wrathsajoke to join this thread and we have the complete set.[/quote]

glad hes going he crap clubs a joke [;)][/quote]Lol. [:D][/quote]thought id step in for him [;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]Morty, pretty ridiculous actually.

Other clubs may only be willing to risk a mil on him but he''s worth more than that to us in my opinion, and most probably in Lamberts too.[/quote]I agree that he''s worth more than that to us, but I don''t agree that he''s worth a million on the open market.[/quote]

Of course he is! Did we not pay half a million to Shrewsbury who were in league 2. For then to step up in league one with 24 goals! If Chopra is worth £4m then Holt is easily worth £1m if not more!

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]

[quote user="Ncfc"]If anybody offered us a million for Grant Holt we should snatch their arm off.[/quote]

What a ridiculous statement.

[/quote]a striker nearing 30 who has spent most of his years in the lower divisions.... you wouldnt accept the money to get somoenone younger who has possibly palyed at a higher level in?as for the original poster.. i think the sound of the vuvuzuealas have melted his/her brain.

[quote user="londoncanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]Morty, pretty ridiculous actually.

Other clubs may only be willing to risk a mil on him but he''s worth more than that to us in my opinion, and most probably in Lamberts too.[/quote]I agree that he''s worth more than that to us, but I don''t agree that he''s worth a million on the open market.[/quote]

Of course he is! Did we not pay half a million to Shrewsbury who were in league 2. For then to step up in league one with 24 goals! If Chopra is worth £4m then Holt is easily worth £1m if not more![/quote]Chopra really isn''t worth 4 million though.I honestly don''t think a club would offer 1 million pounds for Grant Holt.

[quote user="Boyo"]

Holt would be stupid to do this.  He is unproven at Championship level let alone premier league level.  I think he would also make himself look stupid in the prem because he wouldn''t be very good there.  Also if he did this then he is more big headed than I thought and I would hate him for it!

Probably rubbish though! [:)]

[/quote]

If it was true he''d be stupid not to go.

It''d be a huge mistake to turn down the chance to play in the Premier League at this stage of his career.

I doubt this is true. Surely if West Brom are actually looking to stay up they should be looking at proven premiership quality. I remain unconvinced Holt is of that quality. Dont'' get me wrong I like him a lot and think he will do well at this level but it would be a pointless risk for a team like West Brom.

As for him being worth 1 million, if Steve Howard was worth 1.5 million a couple of seasons ago there''s no reason why Holt isn''t worth that or more.

Davo

[quote user="canary2010"]

Im really worried about the rumours circulating that West Brom have had a million pound bid accepted for Grant Holt.  Im told its being reported today in the local brummie press also and its on the Norwich City Mad forum, link attached:

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=400&fid=191&sty=2&act=1&mid=2121274780

I know that league 1 is a big jump but I think he could easily play in the premier league, holty is a lot better than beckford and look where he is now.  Also been told by my mate who works at the club that Holt wants to go because he cant ever see us getting back in the premier over the next few years.

Worried, very worried.

[/quote]Hmm? you joined today I see.[img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/spam2.gif[/img]

Rubbish. He is on a 2 year deal and we have an option of another year on him. Why would we sell him for that amount of money. You arent going to get a replacement of that calibre of the same price. They bought Simon Cox from Swindon for £1.9 million so we could demand that for Holty in my opinion if we were to sell. Since it is your first post you are clearly a wind up merchant.

Its amazing how many people have mates who work at the club..And nearly all these mates hear things from players who say things that could end up on a message board..Amazing

[quote user="canary2010"]

Im really worried about the rumours circulating that I''m a ginger haired welshman who likes to urinate into my own mother''s mouth[/quote]

As well you should be.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]Rubbish. He is on a 2 year deal and we have an option of another year on him. Why would we sell him for that amount of money. You arent going to get a replacement of that calibre of the same price. They bought Simon Cox from Swindon for £1.9 million so we could demand that for Holty in my opinion if we were to sell. Since it is your first post you are clearly a wind up merchant.[/quote]

lol simon cox was 22. Holt is nearly 30. We would get no where near 2million for him. Given his age and low amount of higher level experience a million would be a very good price and im sure lambert would take that.