Sign in to follow this  
Muddy funster

Star Striker - who could it be???

So I think we all agree we need a quality striker to help our front 2 out from last season, but who could Lambert be targetting?

Paddy Davitt only seemed to mention people we don''t want or won''t be particularly impressive in his piece last week.

I know the rumour mill is rife with Ebanks-Blake and others but I think/hope we are looking at someone of his calibre.

Forget wages/transfer fees for a second, but keep it realistic all the same. Who would you want to see next season leading our front line, possibly along side Holty?

[quote user="Muddy funster"]So I think we all agree we need a quality striker to help our front 2 out from last season, but who could Lambert be targetting? Paddy Davitt only seemed to mention people we don''t want or won''t be particularly impressive in his piece last week. I know the rumour mill is rife with Ebanks-Blake and others but I think/hope we are looking at someone of his calibre. Forget wages/transfer fees for a second, but keep it realistic all the same. Who would you want to see next season leading our front line, possibly along side Holty?[/quote]Ebanks-Blake would be an awesome signing imho...if we have any ambition of getting out of this league he is the sort of striker we need to sign

Ebanks-Blake is an ex Man Utd youth team player - born in Cambridge, so a link to Norwich seems logical.

Given Mick McCarthy seems to be playing with just Kevin Doyle up front at Wolves he may well fancy a role in another team!

Mind you, Ian Holloway could make him an offer at Blackpool?

Ebanks-Blake would be a good signing but is on high wages at Wolves... I doubt we could bend our wage structure to accommodate him sadly. The man I would love us to sign as i think he will be a great striker partner to Holt and or Martin would be BILLY SHARP. He made a mistake not coming here before and i think a move for him could be on the cards. He ticks all the boxes, hungry striker with pace, championship experience, a good age, score goals aplenty and wants to join a bigger club than Doncaster. I would say we''re a bigger club and an attractive offer for most players at this level. The only thing that worries me is that Burnley will sign him. - They seem to be after everyone. 

[quote user="The Chirp"]Ebanks-Blake would be a good signing but is on high wages at Wolves... I doubt we could bend our wage structure to accommodate him sadly.

The man I would love us to sign as i think he will be a great striker partner to Holt and or Martin would be BILLY SHARP.

He made a mistake not coming here before and i think a move for him could be on the cards.

He ticks all the boxes, hungry striker with pace, championship experience, a good age, score goals aplenty and wants to join a bigger club than Doncaster.

I would say we''re a bigger club and an attractive offer for most players at this level.

The only thing that worries me is that Burnley will sign him. - They seem to be after everyone. 

[/quote]

Good call. I''ve always rated Sharp, although I would be more than happy with Ebanks-Blake!

Star striker , easy there wont be one ,we have not got the money to buy one and nobody like Sharp or Ebanks Blake will join a team just promoted from League 1 . We will end up with a lower league striker like Jackson at Gillingham somebody to give the guys a helping hand .Oh and Nicky Bailey looks set to join Middlesboro another player we were supposed to be interested in but never had the financial clout to sign .

Simeon Jackson would also be a good signing. I can''t imagine he''ll be happy playing in League Two again so will no doubt be on the way out of Priestfield. I would imagine Gillingham also need the money to give their new manager a better transfer budget. If Stimson was still there, a move involving Coy McDonald moving the other way on a season long loan would be a likely scenario. (I think they know each other quite well from his time at Dartford)Jackson is a real live wire striker, full of pace and agression... If Lambert added him to our ranks i''d be more than happy. I think Ncfc is totally wrong regarding Sharp not wanting to join a newly promoted side. All three sides that went up last season are biggish clubs with Leeds and Norwich having fan bases most of the Championship can only dream of. Who in his situation (looking for a new club) would not want to sign for a club with 25,000 at every game, a team on the up with arguably the best manager outside the Premier League?You need to remember that Norwich (believe it or not) are a big club. A club with a good history, stadium, fanbase, manager, League One champions, decent players who play attractive football. Most of all you need to remember that people look at Norwich now and see a team that is on the up... some even see us as the dark horses in the championship next season... - maybe they''re swigging back on old grandmas medicine - but if you think that we can''t attract decent players to this club then well...   you''re wrong!

i would love Lita back .

Saying that i do not think we should write any of our strikers we have off now .

with a good winger a good service to the front line ,i think our players could easily prove a point .

would love ebanks blake, him and holt would give defenders nightmares! But he is probably well out of our price range and i see him going to blackpool, burnley. Yes billy sharpe fits the bill perfectly and would be our best option. Depends if the money is there though!

Agree with Lita. Showed that he had pace and strength in abundance. Scored goals for us in a very poor side and scared the hell out of Wolves when we beat them 5-2 at Carrow Road. He always gave 100% unlike many of the other loanees so he would be welcome back in my book. I know he struggled at Boro but I think that was down more to the way he was managed. I think a match fit Lita playing regularly will always score goals and gives you a genuine alternative to Martin. But ultimately Lambert and Chester will have their own list of targets which I am sure will cut the mustard at this level.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]That North Korean striker would be good [:D] he looked like he could pay
[/quote]

What, we charge the players to play for us??[:O]

[quote user="Dogger "]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]That North Korean striker would be good [:D] he looked like he could pay[/quote]

What, we charge the players to play for us??[:O]

[/quote]Its a good idea really [:D] [:P] no but obviously i mean''t PLAY

I''ll throw in my two pence, how about Boyd from Rangers he''s not signed for anyone yet, plus he must know Chester fairly well.

[quote user="Terry Tibbs"]

I''ll throw in my two pence, how about Boyd from Rangers he''s not signed for anyone yet, plus he must know Chester fairly well.

[/quote]Lets be realistic mate lol Brum and Newcastle have both offered him over 30k a week to sign for them...

Lambert has already said he is going to stick with Holt and Martin something about the goals being the same size in the Championship as in League 1. now if thats the case can anybody see us paying out big money for somebody to sit on the bench or a Ebanks Blake ,Billy Sharpe ,Leroy Lita  etc etc joining Norwich to be 3rd choice striker ? not going to happen .

[quote user="Adam NCFC"][quote user="Terry Tibbs"]

[/quote]

Lets be realistic mate lol

Brum and Newcastle have both offered him over 30k a week to sign for them...
[/quote]

I can dream ;-)

Le Fondre would be a good signing. But it really depends on what type of striker we are looking for. If we are after someone who can come on for Holt as a straight replacement then someone like the Australian Josh Kennedy might be a decent signing. However I''d like to see someone like Ched Evans or Le fondre brought in, both would offer a lot for us, especially as I don''t see Cody playing much part in our team next season.

[quote user="ldnboy"]good news imo, i like him and at least he wont mind sitting on the bench.[/quote]It really wouldn''t surprise me if Skysports got this story right from this thread.