Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Tonights Prediction

I would like to think you will be right, but...

We may have one striker (Heskey) who hardly ever scores, Rooney does not seem to get much service, and Gerard our best striker seems lilely to play wide left.

Except for brief flashes, we seem to lack the quick passing skills to progress through the centre, and wingers who seem incapable of taking on and beating fullbacks. We have a slightly geriatric central defence.

Having said all this, if fullbacks Cole and Johnson can bomb forward once or twice, we might just pull it off.

I expect an improved performance, but not a resounding win, say 2-1?

[quote user="Salopian"]I would like to think you will be right, but... We may have one striker (Heskey) who hardly ever scores, Rooney does not seem to get much service, and Gerard our best striker seems lilely to play wide left. Except for brief flashes, we seem to lack the quick passing skills to progress through the centre, and wingers who seem incapable of taking on and beating fullbacks. We have a slightly geriatric central defence. Having said all this, if fullbacks Cole and Johnson can bomb forward once or twice, we might just pull it off. I expect an improved performance, but not a resounding win, say 2-1?[/quote]

That''s all very fair but you have to factor in the fact that Algeria are actually a very poor side. I expect us to keep a clean sheet and win 3-0

Yes, but my point is it''s pointless to have a world cup section - no body is really talking about Norwich are they?

Plus once something gets moved, no bugger reads it!!

[quote user="First Wizard"]In a word......... misery for England.[img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/sht.gif[/img][/quote]

Been out drinking with wrathsajoke have we Wiz?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Well, it was moved to the World Cup section, and the thread relates to the World Cup.  Can''t really see the problem myself.[/quote]Its more the inconsistency that confuses me. Theres a few threads that get moved to ''Other football'', World cup, or ''Its just not football''. However if you look at the main board theres loads of topics that arent relevant to Norwich at all, which dont get moved. As a result people dont bother looking in the other forums. Either move them all, or dont move any.

2-0 England.

Early early goal gets everyone''s hopes up, then we huff, puff and wheeze, they either miss a penalty or have a goal disallowed, they certainly hit the woodwork...

...then a late, late strike to make it 2-0 and look respectable, even if it isn''t...

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Well, it was moved to the World Cup section, and the thread relates to the World Cup.  Can''t really see the problem myself.
[/quote]

Its more the inconsistency that confuses me. Theres a few threads that get moved to ''Other football'', World cup, or ''Its just not football''. However if you look at the main board theres loads of topics that arent relevant to Norwich at all, which dont get moved. As a result people dont bother looking in the other forums.

Either move them all, or dont move any.
[/quote]

Well said, TC. Surely the World Cup and specifically England is of great interest to most of us on here, so therefore I don''t see why all World Cup related topics shouldn''t be kept in this main discussion forum - the one which is the most viewed and used. After all, the World Cup only happens once every four years, is only on for about another 3 weeks and there isn''t too much happening at Carrow Road at the moment.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Well, it was moved to the World Cup section, and the thread relates to the World Cup.  Can''t really see the problem myself.
[/quote]

Its more the inconsistency that confuses me. Theres a few threads that get moved to ''Other football'', World cup, or ''Its just not football''. However if you look at the main board theres loads of topics that arent relevant to Norwich at all, which dont get moved. As a result people dont bother looking in the other forums.

Either move them all, or dont move any.
[/quote]

Well said, TC. Surely the World Cup and specifically England is of great interest to most of us on here, so therefore I don''t see why all World Cup related topics shouldn''t be kept in this main discussion forum - the one which is the most viewed and used. After all, the World Cup only happens once every four years, is only on for about another 3 weeks and there isn''t too much happening at Carrow Road at the moment.

[/quote]

Exactly!!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]In a word......... misery for England.[img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/sht.gif[/img][/quote]

Been out drinking with wrathsajoke have we Wiz?

[/quote]Sorry Tilly wrong emo, I meant this one..[img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/shithitfan.gif[/img]

Like me, you can no doubt recall 1966, compere the two teams.

We are dire.

[quote user="Dogger "][quote user="Dan Druff"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Well, it was moved to the World Cup section, and the thread relates to the World Cup.  Can''t really see the problem myself.[/quote]Its more the inconsistency that confuses me. Theres a few threads that get moved to ''Other football'', World cup, or ''Its just not football''. However if you look at the main board theres loads of topics that arent relevant to Norwich at all, which dont get moved. As a result people dont bother looking in the other forums. Either move them all, or dont move any.[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly!!

[/quote]I dont mind them being moved, as long as they are all moved. If they are all moved then at least people will know where to create new threads, and to contribute to existing ones on those topics.However looking at the main board now, if you took out all the threads that were unrelated to Norwich there would be very few left.Anyway, back to the thread. 2-0 England for me, unconvincing but comfortable.

Although having seen the possible route to the semis with France struggling is anyone else extra nervous ahead of these final group games?

[quote user="singing canary"]i really hope i am wrong 1-1[/quote]

I have to say you are probably right - and our equaliser will come in the 89th minute by Crouchy via a dubious handball / fouling of their keeper.  Capello has lost it, James will make a hash and concede a soft goal, Rooney will be noticeable by his absence again, and Lampard / Gerrard will cancel each other out as usual.  Meanwhile the best hope for a match turning performance Joe Cole will sit on the bench all night.

Same ole! 

"compere the two teams"

Ladies and gentlemen! I really hope you''re having a great time tonight - give me a shout if you are!

*applause, whoops and hollers*

Oh fantastic - excellent crowd tonight. Just getting warmed up... but now I hope you are going to show your appreciation for, the brilliant and inspiring.... 1966 World Cup squad!

*shouts, sequels, dancing and cavorting*

And on the other hand we have - and I want you all to make your voices heard - for the utterly amazing 2010 World Cup squad...

*silence*

Fukk! Looks like compere-ing these does show Wizard to be right...

Oh, and we''ll win tonight 4-1, I reckon.

Greeno to be picked and makes a hail of saves, and is suddenly elevated to the position of God, with all those previously whinging England fans to say "yeah, always said he had it in him"...

... and The Sun newspaper to claim that Greeno''s turn around was actually all down to them. It was their ragging on him, providing the inspiration he needed to become a genuine England hero, who they''ve always loved really and were simply being kunts for his own good....

[quote user="First Jedi"]... and The Sun newspaper to claim that Greeno''s turn around was actually all down to them. It was their ragging on him, providing the inspiration he needed to become a genuine England hero, who they''ve always loved really and were simply being kunts for his own good....[/quote]

Ha ha. Spot on mate, that would be typical of that crappy rag. I can''t believe intelligent people read the appalling comic.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]As a result people dont bother looking in the other forums.[/quote]While I agree that it isn''t consistent enough... I think the reason people don''t look at the other forums is that they''re too bloody lazy.  It''s really not much effort to click the mouse a couple more times is it?