Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Boro agree fee with Charlton for Nicky Bailey

1.5m we were never in for him. When you consider the likes of West Brom were also involved I think you''ll find his wages around 12k a week. He''s a very decent player but I think there are others out there who could prove to be better players but a fair amount cheaper.We need to be looking to sign a Nicky Bailey when he''s costing 125k from Southend. Hopefully with a chief scout now at Colney we''ll be getting one of these through the door pretty soon. 

[quote user="First Wizard"]At that price I''m glad we didn''t get him.[/quote] He was never going to anything under a million , would rather of had him than Fox and Crofts, one good un over two poor ones anyday.

Very good player at league 1 but below average for the championship.  Glad we are not in for him because £1.5 mil is well above what he is worth

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="First Wizard"]At that price I''m glad we didn''t get him.[/quote] He was never going to anything under a million , would rather of had him than Fox and Crofts, one good un over two poor ones anyday.[/quote]That ''good-un'' you''re referring to probably cost over double what we paid for Fox and Crofts and will probably be on over double their wages put together.  It''s pointless saying you would rather Bailey as we can''t afford him! I would rather we signed Simon Kjaer over Elliott Ward but we can''t afford him either! We have to get the bargains in and pick up players who could prove to be the next Nicky Bailey etc...

Below average for the championship? You sure? Every time I''ve seen him play he looked class. He''s exactly the sort of player you need to get out of the Championship.

Would have been a great signing even at £1.5m

crofts and fox will turn out to be good players .

not being funny ,shall we at least give them a chance before calling them poor .

for example if anyone would have said Holt will score 30 goals this season when gunny bought him ..everyone would have laughed .

Fox is a very good passer of the ball ...

why not let him prove it..

all players that have come through the door are somewhat stronger than the players we have let go .

If he''s stupid enough to sign for a nothing club like Middlesborough they''re welcome to him, can''t believe he chose them ahead of West Brom and Celtic. Mr Gibson must be putting his hand in his pocket again.

you have to think that fee alone was almost double of what it cost Blackpool for their full team .

1.5 million would buy 2 or 3 proven quality championship players .

Bailey is not worth that .

Not overly fussed by Bailey in all honesty. For that sorta money we can improve in other areas which are more urgent.

It would of been nice to have got him but not for that price.

We need to go back to the type of thing that made us a force in the 80''s and early 90''s. Picking up good youngish players from smaller clubs and selling them off for a profit. These players can still be found and while the market has changed massivly it still happens. Look at Smalling and Fulham. Cardiff have doen this to good suceess under Dave Jones so there''s no reason why we can''t do it.

Davo

he is a very good player and a rate him highly, but 1.5 million is a bit steep if you ask me. And why on earth chose middlesborough over WBA? There is perhaps better players for a lot less money, crofts and fox may turn out to be! Have faith in lambert.

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="First Wizard"]At that price I''m glad we didn''t get him.[/quote]
He was never going to anything under a million , would rather of had him than Fox and Crofts, one good un over two poor ones anyday.
[/quote]

Give Fox and Crofts a chance before you completely write them off. Before going to Charlton, Bailey had had a pretty ordinary career playing for Sutton, Barnet and Southend. So why can''t Fox or Crofts raise their game like Bailey has done? It may or may not happen but I am getting annoyed with fans who judge players they have barely seen play.

what shirt is wes wearing in that photo?? and when did we wear it?? - i like the old school look!!

If I remember correctly, that game was Roeders last game. It was a third round replay in the F.A cup, and probably the worst I have seen us play. I think the shirts were worn as it was the 50th anniversary of our good cup run.

Yep, never realistically in for him at that money, total budget buster. 

It makes me laugh when people dismiss players before they''ve even pulled on the shirt. I suppose Bailey would have been though of as a ''bad''un'' if we''d have had him for £125K a couple of years ago?

Let''s actually see what these players are like before they''re written off please.

Bullpoo according to the Middlesborough papers, and Charlton fans also seem to think that he wouldn''t want to move that far away from home. Some Charlton fans seem to think he''ll end up here or at QPR.

Cant imagine anyone other than a native of that area ever wanting to go to Middlesborough. Surely if it''s true he has other options he would opt for one of those first.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Bullpoo according to the Middlesborough papers, and Charlton fans also seem to think that he wouldn''t want to move that far away from home. Some Charlton fans seem to think he''ll end up here or at QPR.
[/quote]

I didn''t say he was going to Boro, just that they had agreed a fee with Charlton.  It is the Pink'' Un sensationalist headline which says that and we have never officially come out to say we are even interested in him have we?  Just media reports wasn''t it?

[quote user="25overpar"]Cant imagine anyone other than a native of that area ever wanting to go to Middlesborough. Surely if it''s true he has other options he would opt for one of those first.[/quote]

One name: Juninho

Not only went tehre once but actually returned. So it can''t be all bad.

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]

[quote user="25overpar"]Cant imagine anyone other than a native of that area ever wanting to go to Middlesborough. Surely if it''s true he has other options he would opt for one of those first.[/quote]

One name: Juninho

Not only went tehre once but actually returned. So it can''t be all bad.

Davo

[/quote]could have been paid huge money, and he was a fan favourite

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]Bullpoo according to the Middlesborough papers, and Charlton fans also seem to think that he wouldn''t want to move that far away from home. Some Charlton fans seem to think he''ll end up here or at QPR.[/quote]

I didn''t say he was going to Boro, just that they had agreed a fee with Charlton.  It is the Pink'' Un sensationalist headline which says that and we have never officially come out to say we are even interested in him have we?  Just media reports wasn''t it?

[/quote]I didn''t say you did say he was going to Boro, was just pointing out that their local paper said that they hadn''t agreed a fee. Wasn''t having a go at you in any way.