I have heard from a reliable source that the team will be this tomorrow, subject to Green being fit. GreenEddie Flem Charlton DruryBentley Mullers Francis Hucks Sven Leon

Sorry but this simply does not go far enough and suggests that Holt is injured and that the scapegoat for a poor games goes to a scandanavian who wasnt on the pitch for half the match.The problem currently is the back 4 and they all keep their places - I only hope your source is wrong, but suspect that this is the likely line up.No booing until the game is over tho.OTBC

If that''s the line-up tomorrow i''m going to be seriously p****d off!

No difference then. More or less the same team of the season except Mulryne coming in from the start.

If they win - nobody will mind

If they lose - well, I don''t even want to go there

Just thought they needed some height at the back with Crouch standing at about 6''5!

[quote]I have heard from a reliable source that the team will be this tomorrow, subject to Green being fit. GreenEddie Flem Charlton DruryBentley Mullers Francis Hucks Sven ...[/quote]

I think Wothy Nigelton has got it spot on.  That''ll be the starting X1

[quote]Read Worthy''s pre-match interviews and you know the back 4 won''t change tomorrow - is he trying to prove he''s bigger than Helveg?[/quote]

He just hasn''t got the bottle to drop any of them :/.

Shropshire has got that bang on if you ask me. Given the niggles and disagreements Nige has with people, there is only one way he''s going to react the Helveg press, and that''s badly !!!! If the bloke wasn''t near the team before, he certainly won''t be near it now....

I''ve also read Nige''s comments on the height of the defence. If that''s what Nige believes then fine. However, if Crouch knocks a couple in, I just hope that Roy Waller or the press have the bottle to ask him whether he''s changed his mind at all....

I suspect that the team suggested will be pretty close though. I''m assuming Jonson is injured, otherwise he should be starting up front. I also think that Hucks vs Kenton should be decisive - If hucks can''t get the better of Darren Kenton, it''s time to end this spell on the left.

I have to ask how long is Worthy going to persist with this side until he actually drops someone. All the changes that were listed could easily be put down to player injuries more than anything else.

I agree that you should keep a stable team IF, and that''s a BIG if currently, the team is performing well. However, two atrocious games on the trot with a doubtful one before that suggests that something needed to give.

Not sure that I can be brave enough to sit a listen to Waller''s commentary over CanariesWorld tomorrow..............

WHat''s the big deal, this is the basis of the team that up until 2 games ago was doing OK, is this correct? We lost our bottle in the second half again Blackburn (probably a mental thing) and had an off day at Charlton. Everybody thinks by making wholesale changes everything will be rosey again, I hope so but doubt it very much. It is better to have a certain amount of continuity in the team, also the more regular players will be more up to the pace of the game. I doubt that adding the likes of Helveg, Shackell, Safri etc is going to turn us into a winning machine do you?

Yes Marty quite frankly I do think the addition of Helveg, Shackell, Safri and probably Jarvis could turn us into a winning machine.  Unfortunately there is no chance that these talented and skilful players will ever feature together in a Worthy side.  The annoying thing is that Worthy raved about the 2 players he signed, and speaks very highly about the 2 youngsters, then proceeds to never give them a chance in a team that is struggling to get a win.

It is all very well our regular players being up to the pace of the game, but how about them being up to the pace of their opponents. To go 13 games without a win is not the sort of continuity we are looking for at this stage. 

I appreciate that the manager has to give players a chance to prove themselves, especially after a poor performance, but to never give any of your more gifted players any sort of run is poor management.

If Fleming dominates our defence, Holt controls the midfield, and Svensson causes havoc against their back four tomorrow, then I will be the first to post my apology on this board after the game.

So we were doing Ok until 2 games ago - eeh, did I miss something or is not winning in 11 games doing OK? I''m afraid I''m with Silver Fox - the current team is not up to the pace of the game - I think being bottom with 8 points demonstrates that, so how can playing other players such as Safri and Helveg who Worthington bought after all - and the likes of Shackell and Jarvis do any harm. As for giving players a chance to prove themselves - spot on silver fox, and it''s the inconsistency of Worthington''s approach (or perhaps I should say the consistency since some of the squad get long run-outs because they consistently huff and puff), whilst Helveg gets told after just a few games he had failed to take his chance - yep how''s your confidence in the manager doing, now he has effectively told the rest of the premier league in public you''re not up to it Thomas?   

Respect to you Worthy Nigelton...your line up was spot on.  Now, do you have any information about players coming in in January?!!!

Well done Worthy, it cannae be denied that you got that right. I''m pleaed to sy it was the team that i would''ve chosen meself, and thank teh lord, we''ve done it - less panicky moments, more control, more organization at teh back, and a defence that quickly became a dangerous attacking unit - marvellous. I wouldn''t say that all our problems are solved, but we''ve got a monkey off our back, and we looked good for 3 points - quite enough to be going on with. Sadly I was listening on the internet, but great credit to the lads in the stands - the atmosphere was incredible - you lot helped us hit back immediately, the effect of a bubbling Carra Rud cannot be denied - keep it up one and all.And come on City, another big one on Saturday, let''s make it a great week for everyone!!

Yes, good job on the midfield there from Worthie (at last).  Safri and Jonson are excellent subs to have available as well, plus Helveg of course.  But I''d like to know from anyone who was at the game: how were the back four this weekend?  You couldn''t really tell from MoTD.

Was the contrast with the Valley down to Southampton''s inferior attacking, or were our defensive boys simply playing much better and actually being organised this time?  Or was it down to the better defensive work by the middle of the park, e.g. Bentley, which I''ve read about? 

I thought the Beattie goal was just weird - from what I saw on the telly, I have no real gripes about it.  But could Greeno have been more alert for it, or was it just a freak?  Still, not so strange when compared to that Arsenal goal vs West Brom.

Cheers!