Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Your favourite moment in sport...

Doesn''t have to be football related, obviously.  And I''m not talking about specific instances, though I''m sure we''ll get to that eventually.The two that take my breath away & remind me of how sport can be beautiful:1) a full-length diving header into the net2) a fast bowler sending a batsman''s stumps cartwheeling out of the ground.  (that''s something called "cricket", Houston Canary).

I will be specific.When Ali stopped playing possum and knocked George Foreman down against all the odds.

A last minute winning goal in a final by a club like stevanage or someone a smaller club making a dream come trueor seeing a young sportsman making it through the ranks & making in big time

For me, it was Nigel Benn beating Mclenann after he had been knocked down in the 1st round..awesome fight...just a great shame what happend to Mclennan in that fight.

Also Bruno winning the Heavy weight title[Y]

I immigrated to Canada in 1965, moving to Toronto in 1966. I loved ice hockey from day one and was an immediate Toronto Maple Leaf fan. Over  25 seasons the Stanley Cup was won 20 times by either the Montreal Canadiens or Toronto Maple Leafs. The good old days of dominance ( where Toronto and Montreal dominated the young talent coming into the game ) was coming to an end. In the 66/67 season the Leafs were made up of a motley crew, many of them aging. They were not given much chance in the play-offs. They met the Canadiens in the final and won the cup in 6 games. I can still see the faces of all those players ( just like I can the Canaries of 1958/59 ). Bobby Baun, an aging defenseman, played on a broken leg. A great memory. The Leafs have not won since. 

That split second when the ball ripples the back of the net and. Silence is then taken over by a massive roar by the crowd. Shivers down the back of your neck or what.

I''m only young, so i only have a few -

- Cody''s celebration when he scored his first goal for us, he was almost in tears it meant that much to him.

- Crofty scoring that belter against the scum.

- Hearing Rodent had been sacked [;)].

- Witnessing that win against Man Utd in the Prem

- Obviously both of the recent promotions

[quote user="norfolk_canary"]I''m only young, so i only have a few - - Cody''s celebration when he scored his first goal for us, he was almost in tears it meant that much to him. - Crofty scoring that belter against the scum. - Hearing Rodent had been sacked [;)]. - Witnessing that win against Man Utd in the Prem - Obviously both of the recent promotions[/quote][Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="norfolk_canary"]I''m only young, so i only have a few - - Cody''s celebration when he scored his first goal for us, he was almost in tears it meant that much to him. - Crofty scoring that belter against the scum. - Hearing Rodent had been sacked [;)]. - Witnessing that win against Man Utd in the Prem - Obviously both of the recent promotions[/quote][Y][/quote]If you get the Evenin'' Nooos, CTID, you will notice your comments are printed in there about 5 times tonight. Good work!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="norfolk_canary"]I''m only young, so i only have a few - - Cody''s celebration when he scored his first goal for us, he was almost in tears it meant that much to him. - Crofty scoring that belter against the scum. - Hearing Rodent had been sacked [;)]. - Witnessing that win against Man Utd in the Prem - Obviously both of the recent promotions[/quote][Y][/quote]

If you get the Evenin'' Nooos, CTID, you will notice your comments are printed in there about 5 times tonight. Good work!

[/quote]Dont get it Chops...thnx [Y][:D]  im like Worzel Gummidge i do have my sensible head on sometimes lol

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="norfolk_canary"]I''m only young, so i only have a few - - Cody''s celebration when he scored his first goal for us, he was almost in tears it meant that much to him. - Crofty scoring that belter against the scum. - Hearing Rodent had been sacked [;)]. - Witnessing that win against Man Utd in the Prem - Obviously both of the recent promotions[/quote][Y][/quote]

If you get the Evenin'' Nooos, CTID, you will notice your comments are printed in there about 5 times tonight. Good work!

[/quote]is it online? or just paper?

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="norfolk_canary"]I''m only young, so i only have a few - - Cody''s celebration when he scored his first goal for us, he was almost in tears it meant that much to him. - Crofty scoring that belter against the scum. - Hearing Rodent had been sacked [;)]. - Witnessing that win against Man Utd in the Prem - Obviously both of the recent promotions[/quote][Y][/quote]If you get the Evenin'' Nooos, CTID, you will notice your comments are printed in there about 5 times tonight. Good work![/quote]is it online? or just paper?[/quote]Paper.  Web Team Pete has a page where he picks out his "highlights".

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Torvill and Dean winning gold with The Bolero

Watching Connors v MacEnroe at Wimbledon  - several years running

First ever City game

The atmosphere at The Stadium of Light, England v Turkey, 2003

plus many others

[/quote]you remember them???? well........i do like the older woman[;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="norfolk_canary"]I''m only young, so i only have a few - - Cody''s celebration when he scored his first goal for us, he was almost in tears it meant that much to him. - Crofty scoring that belter against the scum. - Hearing Rodent had been sacked [;)]. - Witnessing that win against Man Utd in the Prem - Obviously both of the recent promotions[/quote][Y][/quote]

[/quote]is it online? or just paper?[/quote]

Paper.  Web Team Pete has a page where he picks out his "highlights".

[/quote]Nice[Y]   dont suppose you could picture and email me it?  just out of interest

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Torvill and Dean winning gold with The Bolero[/quote]Do you know what, I remember being about eight years old and watching that with my Grandma (long passed on now), eating jaffa cakes off a yellow plastic plate and drinking a glass of milk.  I didn''t understand why my Gran was so happy, but I remember being happy that she was happy.  If that makes sense.  Good call. [Y]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Torvill and Dean winning gold with The Bolero

[/quote]

Do you know what, I remember being about eight years old and watching that with my Grandma (long passed on now), eating jaffa cakes off a yellow plastic plate and drinking a glass of milk.  I didn''t understand why my Gran was so happy, but I remember being happy that she was happy.  If that makes sense.  Good call. [Y]
[/quote]sure does Chops[Y]

[quote user="city till i die"][quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Torvill and Dean winning gold with The BoleroWatching Connors v MacEnroe at Wimbledon  - several years runningFirst ever City gameThe atmosphere at The Stadium of Light, England v Turkey, 2003plus many others

[/quote]you remember them???? well........i do like the older woman[;)][/quote]Yep, never hidden my age, just never actually revealed it lolThat''s good ''cos I have a pash for toyboys [:P]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Torvill and Dean winning gold with The Bolero[/quote]Do you know what, I remember being about eight years old and watching that with my Grandma (long passed on now), eating jaffa cakes off a yellow plastic plate and drinking a glass of milk.  I didn''t understand why my Gran was so happy, but I remember being happy that she was happy.  If that makes sense.  Good call. [Y][/quote]Certainly does make sense.And in future please have some respect for your elders [;)]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="city till i die"][quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Torvill and Dean winning gold with The Bolero

First ever City game

plus many others

[/quote]you remember them???? well........i do like the older woman[;)][/quote]

Yep, never hidden my age, just never actually revealed it lol

That''s good ''cos I have a pash for toyboys [:P]
[/quote]does 37 count as a TOYBOY???[:D]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="city till i die"][quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Torvill and Dean winning gold with The Bolero

First ever City game

plus many others

[/quote]does 37 count as a TOYBOY???[:D][/quote]appologies chops for going off topic...WITS always gets me going[:P]

[quote user="city till i die"][quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="city till i die"][quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Torvill and Dean winning gold with The BoleroWatching Connors v MacEnroe at Wimbledon  - several years runningFirst ever City gameThe atmosphere at The Stadium of Light, England v Turkey, 2003plus many others

[/quote]you remember them???? well........i do like the older woman[;)][/quote]Yep, never hidden my age, just never actually revealed it lolThat''s good ''cos I have a pash for toyboys [:P][/quote]does 37 count as a TOYBOY???[:D][/quote]Sure does [;)]Have I just made your day?

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="city till i die"][quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="city till i die"][quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Torvill and Dean winning gold with The Bolero

First ever City game

plus many others

[/quote]does 37 count as a TOYBOY???[:D][/quote]

Sure does [;)]

Have I just made your day?
[/quote][:D][:D][:D]

Specific - Jonnys drop goal, and the final whistle at Wolves in the playoff second leg.Unspecific - A crunching 50/50 tackle in football, a fast bowler putting one right past the batsmans nose and giving him a good staring, a long touchdown pass.