Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Grant Holt for England.....

Seriously....would have put in soo much more effort, with more product than any of those England players have done in the two games at the World Cup....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Seriously....would have put in soo much more effort, with more product than any of those England players have done in the two games at the World Cup....
[/quote]

Kathy will be along shortly....................................

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]In all seriousness, would Grant Holt be any less effective than Emile Heskey?[/quote]In my opinoin, he would be a much better player than Heskey, when Holt shoots, he shoots, when Holt gets stuck in, he gets stuck in, he woudn''t wonder around the pitch, drop his head, and play like a confrence player.....

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]In all seriousness, would Grant Holt be any less effective than Emile Heskey?[/quote]

In my opinoin, he would be a much better player than Heskey, when Holt shoots, he shoots, when Holt gets stuck in, he gets stuck in, he woudn''t wonder around the pitch, drop his head, and play like a confrence player.....
[/quote]

Not just because they both played for Leicester, more so for the way they play and their stature and inability to score goals Emile Heskey reminds me of Trevor Benjamin.  While Benjamin drifted down the leagues and out of football with little more than a whimper, Heskey is leading the line for England!!!

Heskey is no more than a very, very, very lucky Trevor Benjamin. 

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]hahaha! love it! Trevor Benjamin!!! at least Heskey tried last night tho.
[/quote]

This is not just a war against Heskey, I don''t think he is good enough, but the whole team last night were so bad it was unbelievable.  When I woke up I thought for a few seconds that I must have dreamt it.  It was the worst English performance since, well, erm, crikey I am struggling to think of a worse one.

I think Lennon and Wright-Phillips have looked very poor in the games they have played.  Undoubtedly they have the ability in the Prem, International football is dufferent though and perhaps this is getting to them or maybe Crapello has restricted them (as he may have the whole team) and they can''t play with their natural flair and ability.

Last night was screaming out for Darren Bent to come on at 60 minutes along with Gerrard being released into his favoured role for Liverpool and allowed to do his stuff.

I just wonder what Stevie Gerrard was saying to Fabio when they showed them talking in the second half when there was a stoppage in play.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]BETTER THAN HESKEY BY AN ABSOLUTE MILE[Y][/quote]

Heskey is better than Holt end of!!!

[quote user="singing canary"]dont agree . Holty knows how to keep hold of the ball ,and how to score with his head . Heskey runs about like a headless chicken[/quote]

LMAO i spose Holt knows how to do that at international level does he?

In all seriousness, would Grant Holt be any less effective than Emile Heskey?

Withpout wanting to sound dramatic - yes!!!

There are several English players who could play the Heskey role and hit the target when shooting aswell.

[quote user="Wallerboi"]

[quote user="singing canary"]dont agree . Holty knows how to keep hold of the ball ,and how to score with his head . Heskey runs about like a headless chicken[/quote]

LMAO i spose Holt knows how to do that at international level does he?

[/quote]Well Heskey, Rooney, Defoe and Crouch don''t seem to know how to....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Seriously....would have put in soo much more effort, with more product than any of those England players have done in the two games at the World Cup....[/quote]Sorry, this is daft.  Effort alone isn''t enough and Holt is not anywhere near international class.How many good crosses did we put into the box for our strikers to feed on?  About three.  Not great odds, and Holt''s not a one chance, one goal kind of player.

Effort alone isn''t enough and Holt is not anywhere near international class.

Agreed Chops, my only point is, is Heskey really international class??? How many top club sides in Europe would he get in??? I think he would struggle to score in The SPL with celtic or Rangers and that league is dire.

At the end of the day heskey IS a striker...as a striker he doesnt score. He wins the odd header, but plays with his head down, loses posseion, tackles like a carthorse, and falls on his arse far too easily for someone who nearly had a career in boxing.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Effort alone isn''t enough and Holt is not anywhere near international class.

Agreed Chops, my only point is, is Heskey really international class??? How many top club sides in Europe would he get in??? I think he would struggle to score in The SPL with celtic or Rangers and that league is dire.

At the end of the day heskey IS a striker...as a striker he doesnt score. He wins the odd header, but plays with his head down, loses posseion, tackles like a carthorse, and falls on his arse far too easily for someone who nearly had a career in boxing.[/quote]I quite agree and wouldn''t have Heskey in my world cup squad.  I wouldn''t have SWP, or Lennon, or Carragher in there either.  But I would have Heskey ahead of Grant Holt!

wouldn''t have SWP, or Lennon, or Carragher in there either

I wouldnt have carragher, im undecided about lennon, SWP, Walcott situation, personally, I would have took Adam johnson...

In Wiz style, who would you have took....

I''ve got some sympathy with the sentiment of Holt for England after watching that spineless performance but don''t see why Heskey is getting all the flak.

He was poor last night but still well ahead of Rooney who was totally invisible for the second consecutive game. How he stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes is totally beyond me.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]wouldn''t have SWP, or Lennon, or Carragher in there either

I wouldnt have carragher, im undecided about lennon, SWP, Walcott situation, personally, I would have took Adam johnson...

In Wiz style, who would you have took....[/quote]Jamie Lad!Seriously though...Johnson, Walcott, Dawson.  Considered Ashley Young or Agbonlahor given that they are both very quick and offer something different, though neither had a great club season (but Lampard and Rooney did and are playing sh*t.)

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]I''ve got some sympathy with the sentiment of Holt for England after watching that spineless performance but don''t see why Heskey is getting all the flak.

He was poor last night but still well ahead of Rooney who was totally invisible for the second consecutive game. How he stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes is totally beyond me.[/quote]If he was totally invisible, perhaps he didn''t...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Creative Midfielder"]I''ve got some sympathy with the sentiment of Holt for England after watching that spineless performance but don''t see why Heskey is getting all the flak.

He was poor last night but still well ahead of Rooney who was totally invisible for the second consecutive game. How he stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes is totally beyond me.[/quote]If he was totally invisible, perhaps he didn''t...[/quote]

Well we saw him walking off at the end of the games, swearing at the fans so I assume he was on the pitch somewhere.

Considered Ashley Young or Agbonlahor given that they are both very quick and offer something different, though neither had a great club season

Ashley Young, Abbonghor, and maybe Downing, should have been looked at.

Big names playing together doesnt always work..Real Madrid on paper are miles ahead of anyone - yet Real won naff all this season.

don''t see why Heskey is getting all the flak.

Seriously??? He had a golden chance in the 2nd half but didnt have the confidence in himself to score so made a fluffed pass instead....if he hasnt got confidence in himself, how are we supposed to???

So one mistake and its all his fault - you don''t half talk some nonsense.

One mistake??? Ok brainiac, please tell us all, people from myself, to ex England proffesionals, who today are all asking the same question - what has heskey done for England???