Sign in to follow this  
colufan

Lambert problems

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/06/13/celts-hero-paul-lambert-fights-to-save-marriage-to-childhood-sweetheart-86908-22330419/

I don''t care what issues we have with the bloke, I hope he can get his family problems sorted - some things transcend football.

Might mean him making some tough decisions though.

They`re reluctant to leave Scotland but I`m sure once they get down here they won`t want to go antwhere else.

I know, it happened to me

It seems a little intrusive discussing the personal problems of the Lamberts on a public forum, but if it made the Daily Record in Scotland maybe it is up for comment. However given the sky-high status of Paul Lambert in Norwich, I am sure that his family would be made extremely welcome here, I wish them all the luck in the world in sorting through their problems, maybe we should leave them alone now.

"Then it was on to Colchester and this last year has been the final

straw as he''s been under so much pressure. Norwich is even further away

and he hasn''t been able to get home as much as he would like."

How is Norwich further away than Colchester?

Load of old quotes patched together to cobble a non story.And I think the OP is stirring it a bit in starting this thread.[:)]

[quote user="scrimmage"]

"Then it was on to Colchester and this last year has been the final straw as he''s been under so much pressure. Norwich is even further away and he hasn''t been able to get home as much as he would like."

How is Norwich further away than Colchester?

[/quote]At least we have an airport!

Do I smell a camuldung at work here?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/06/13/celts-hero-paul-lambert-fights-to-save-marriage-to-childhood-sweetheart-86908-22330419/

[quote user="morty"]Load of old quotes patched together to cobble a non story.And I think the OP is stirring it a bit in starting this thread.[:)][/quote]

Not at all - I was doing my usual Col U google news search and this was the first item. I thought you''d be interested.

[quote user="morty"]Load of old quotes patched together to cobble a non story.

And I think the OP is stirring it a bit in starting this thread.

[:)]
[/quote]

[Y]

We are in a much better location than Colchester because there are cheap direct daily flights between Norwich and Edinburgh. The flight only takes an hour and 20 mins and she lives only an hour from Edinburgh airport.Besides, Norfolk is a fantastic place to live and has some great schools.

Let us all hope this has been blown out of all proportion.Our manager was recently linked to the then vacant managers job at Celtic and he stated he was not interested in returning to Scottish football.You would have thought that he would have jumped at the chance if his marriage was in such difficulties as has been stated in the article.Also the Burnley job which he was linked with when Coyle left was rubbished by Lambert.That would virtually have halved his 400 mile trip home.Sorry but i have a big dose of scepticism about all this.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Also the Burnley job which he was linked with when Coyle left was rubbished by Lambert.That would virtually have halved his 400 mile trip home.

[/quote]It takes over an hour to drive from Burnley to Manchester Airport and the flight time is nearly the same as if flying from Norwich so he''d might as well stay at Norwich.

Well IMHO it''s a strong possibility that lambert will walk to save his marriage, there are after all more important things in life than football and 4 kids involved.

[quote user="Eagle_Canary"]Well IMHO it''s a strong possibility that lambert will walk to save his marriage, there are after all more important things in life than football and 4 kids involved.[/quote]

You''re not wrathsajoke by any chance?

I hope the Record''s story isn''t true as I don''t like to think our manager is going through a bad time, BUT as the article displays such a blatant ignorance of geography:

"Then he became manager at Wycombe, 400 miles away from home, in 2006 and the family only got to see him at weekends and holidays.

"Then it was on to Colchester and this last year has been the final straw as he''s been under so much pressure. Norwich is even further away and he hasn''t been able to get home as much as he would like."

I am inclined to think they might have made up the story.

After all they haven''t got World Cup stories to fill up their paper, so they must be clutching at any whisper that comes along.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Let us all hope this has been blown out of all proportion.Our manager was recently linked to the then vacant managers job at Celtic and he stated he was not interested in returning to Scottish football.You would have thought that he would have jumped at the chance if his marriage was in such difficulties as has been stated in the article.Also the Burnley job which he was linked with when Coyle left was rubbished by Lambert.That would virtually have halved his 400 mile trip home.Sorry but i have a big dose of scepticism about all this.

[/quote]

Agreed.

BTW. He can also fly Norwich - Amsterdam - Glasgow....probably greater frequency  than Norwich - Edinburgh. 

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"][quote user="morty"]Load of old quotes patched together to cobble a non story.

And I think the OP is stirring it a bit in starting this thread.

[:)]
[/quote]

[Y][/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="morty"]Load of old quotes patched together to cobble a non story.

And I think the OP is stirring it a bit in starting this thread.[/quote]I notice that Camuldonum has started a thread about this on another site. Couldn''t be, could it? Hmm.............

[quote user="The Chirp"]Lambert has just signed a new contract. I think that''s quite a good sign.
[/quote]

And four new players.

This is a bit crap if you ask me. Its reporting one side of the story and not really weighing up the facts. Typical 5 minute job which any person with a pc and google could slap together to be honest.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]Load of old quotes patched together to cobble a non story.

And I think the OP is stirring it a bit in starting this thread.[/quote]I notice that Camuldonum has started a thread about this on another site. Couldn''t be, could it? Hmm.............[/quote]

Posted at exactly the same time on the Kickitoff site.What a coincidence hey Lapp?

Good luck PL. Hope you sort things out. I have no more to say and, like the football team, trust PL to sort it out in his own time and way.