Sign in to follow this  
geoff_t

Pre-Season Game at Lincoln

HelloLong time member here, more of a watcher than a poster though. I was a season ticket holder between 1990 and 1995 before moving up to Sheffield, I make the trip down to Carrow Road for the odd home game each season, and do all the away games within 90mins drive or so from here..... anyway, my question is what to expect from pre-season away games?? Lincoln on July 28th will be first ever pre-season game as City never seem to play any close enough to me normally. Lincoln only being 1hr 20mins drive from me I thought I''d give this one a go though. Will there be many in attendance with it being a Weds night?? Will any one from this board attend??ThanksGeoff

Count me and my dad in [Y] It will be my first one also, and from what I''ve heard about them it will just be like watching a Sunday kick-about!

I don''t know really, I may go and from Lambert''s point of view, surely you''re going to get your team to work hard as if it was a standard league match to increase match fitness diring the close season? I can''t see him being happy with his players going out there and playing as if it''s a game down the park with a few mates.

There is ALOT of Norwich fans in Lincoln. I think there will be a few there [:)] Don''t try and park near the ground, it''s near a load of houses and it''s impossible to park.

There is a big group of us going, think about 6 from Lincoln Uni! Should be a laugh, even though it doesnt really mean anything... just a nice chance to see the new boys in action.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I think people up in the area will go, but the fans who live in norwich will give it a miss![/quote]

You wish....

They''ll be a few there from the Norwich area with I''m sure the away contingent significantly increased by Norwich fans from the North having a look!

I''m tempted but friendlies are only friendlies afterall and I may have to save my pennies for competitive games!

I would have thought with it being just a week and a bit before the start of the season that we should be putting out pretty much the starting line-up for the Watford game. Definitely looking forward to seeing some of the new signings in action.

I''m currently studying at Lincoln Uni and it''s safe to say we have our fair share of fans in and around Lincoln and I''d expect a fair few fans to show up if the tickets are on the cheap.

Agree with a previous post, don''t try and find parking near Sincil Bank as it''s pretty much slap bang in the middle of a residential area, better off at one of the multi stories near Newland.

I''m tempted to go as it''s a Ground I haven''t visited yet but it all depends on available cash nearer the time.

[quote user="Harry"]I''m tempted to go as it''s a Ground I haven''t visited yet but it all depends on available cash nearer the time.
[/quote]

and the transport

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Harry"]I''m tempted to go as it''s a Ground I haven''t visited yet but it all depends on available cash nearer the time.[/quote]

and the transport

[/quote]

Cash pays for fuel for my car.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Harry"]I''m tempted to go as it''s a Ground I haven''t visited yet but it all depends on available cash nearer the time.
[/quote]

and the transport

[/quote]

Cash pays for fuel for my car.
[/quote]

ok [y]

[quote user="Lincs CR"]I''m currently studying at Lincoln Uni and it''s safe to say we have our fair share of fans in and around Lincoln and I''d expect a fair few fans to show up if the tickets are on the cheap.

Agree with a previous post, don''t try and find parking near Sincil Bank as it''s pretty much slap bang in the middle of a residential area, better off at one of the multi stories near Newland.[/quote]They will open up the common as they do for all Lincoln match days that expect a bigger attendance. The common for people that don''t know... - As you come down the hill past the speed camera (which is the way sat nav will take you from Norwich, through Bracebridge Heath) It''s just at the bottom of the hill, on the right. It''s a big muddy field. [y]

I evidently haven''t explored my educational city enough yet Adam haha cheers though, this info will come in handy for the future I am sure :)

Lol there''s not that much to know mate! But having a season ticket I have to drive to Norwich every other weekend, so I know the route too well!